IGNORED

In memory of the 3315 babies or what I saw on the way home.

ladypuglover

My bestie and I were on the way home after a long hard day from shopping for my grad's party when we drove past one of our local Catholic churches. I never noticed it before as I almost always am driving the other direction on the road. Well i didn't have a camera with me so after dinner my darling headship drove out of our way to the store so I could capture these photos. Please excuse my triple chin in the side mirror, I was scrunched up weird to capture the signs as my headship wouldn't stop on the busy highway so I could get a great shot. So these are taken from a car traveling 55 mph.

IMG_0096.jpg

IMG_0098.jpg

IMG_0099.jpg

This is fundy crap is spreading too far as they had thousands of pink and blue crosses all lined up.

Sucks to be the dead guy who's road cross is lost in that mess.

I'm facepalmin'.

From a speeding car? That's a good camera! :)

Some student group at the university in my town does a protest like this (little crosses) usually once a year, on the main student quadrangle. They just have plain white crosses though.

Aw Pugs I'm sorry you live in the vortex of fundydom.

:lol: No, you're not you're secretly glad that I post this kind of stuff. :whistle: but I know what you meant by feeling for me having to be a normal Christian in whackado fundyville. No wonder everyone thinks Christians are bat shit crazy when we have this going on. I tried to get a pic showing how long this goes on for but it didn't work out so well.

For my other Coloradian sisters, it is right next to Venetucci farm aka the pumpkin man. :D He donated the land so they could build a church there. I just wonder if that sweet, darling man who made sure every child had a pumpkin every year would like this. :(

From a speeding car? That's a good camera! :)

Some student group at the university in my town does a protest like this (little crosses) usually once a year, on the main student quadrangle. They just have plain white crosses though.

I have an awesome camera, just don't know how to use the damn thing as it also takes video. My grad son won't teach me how to use that feature.

Guest Anonymous

I would ask just who fundies think they're affecting when they do shit like this but I think I know. It's sick.

As for the photos: ladypuglover, In my mind's eye, you are a collective of typing pugs. Are you not that?

I would ask just who fundies think they're affecting when they do shit like this but I think I know. It's sick.

As for the photos: ladypuglover, In my mind's eye, you are a collective of typing pugs. Are you not that?

Maybe as I have enough pug hair on me to count as a pug. :lol:

No, I'm a woman who is head over heals in love with pugs. Not just pugs but I think it would sound weird if my nickname was Christianwoman or Adoresmyhusband or Mysonsaremyeverything. I also use the name pugknitter but those are on crafting sites.

The pugs don't care that I pimp them out. Now all I can think about is a group of pugs trying to figure out how to type without falling asleep snuggling each other.

I was going to ask what the yellow crosses were supposed to signify but then I realized they weren't crosses. I was baffled for a second, why would there be yellow crosses along with blue and pinks.

I was going to ask what the yellow crosses were supposed to signify but then I realized they weren't crosses. I was baffled for a second, why would there be yellow crosses along with blue and pinks.

Yeah, they are yellow poles to protect some utility stuff. :whistle:

Or they could be for the ghay babies! :happy-cheerleadersmileygirl:

I was going to suggest that the yellow crosses were intersex , but like you realized they were pylons.

As crass as it sounds I'd enjoy seeing those crosses covered in TP or decorated with tampons.

I was going to suggest that the yellow crosses were intersex , but like you realized they were pylons.

As crass as it sounds I'd enjoy seeing those crosses covered in TP or decorated with tampons.

:think: You always have the best ideas. You make sure to save a seat for me in the hand basket. ;)

Yeah, they are yellow poles to protect some utility stuff. :whistle:

Or they could be for the ghay babies! :happy-cheerleadersmileygirl:

I would pay good money to replace some of those crosses with rainbow coloured ones. The BUWAH factor would be quite awesome.

Realistically I'd rearrange the letters on the sign to say 'in memory of the women that die from back alley abortions'. If I had guts...

how can you say pray for an end to abortions when your policy causes some of them? They want the cake and to eat it too. no abortions but also no birth control or education. boy that policy has worked well so far.

What about all the boys who's lives were ruined by pedophilic Catholic priests? Where are the crosses for them?

I've seen cross displays like this numerous times, but the crosses have always been white, not pink and blue. They're usually in front of a Catholic church, not fundie.

Flora - She said " we drove past one of our local Catholic churches. ", so I think it was Catholic not protestant. :) I tend to not think of Catholic churches as fundy, but I am sure some are. :-)

What about all the boys who's lives were ruined by pedophilic Catholic priests? Where are the crosses for them?

Yes where are the crosses for the children whose lives were damaged by pedo priests. I would be mighty tempted to put those up across the road if I owned the land.

Not to mention the fact that they don't care about the already born children and adults in places like Darfur.

A friend of mine's mom was so incensed that the church had money for a thousand little crosses but not to keep the local Catholic school affordable, she quit the church after 50 years. Not in Colorado, though - unfortunately this is pretty widespread for Catholic churches.

The Cathos occasionally even do that sort of thing here (Australia) where access to abortion is pretty much a non-issue, but the times I've seen them they have been hands.

Although I have to give them credit for the times they've done something similar to protest the treatment of asylum seekers and the stolen generation.

The church 3 blocks from my house does this once a year. I too am tempted to drape tampons upon them....

The church 3 blocks from my house does this once a year. I too am tempted to drape tampons upon them....

Coathangers.

I've never seen anything like that, but I find it really disturbing for some reason. I also have no idea where they got that number or how they know how many crosses should be blue or pink because the vast majority of abortions happen for there is a gender. I have a strong feeling they don't make such a big deal about actual people who are actually born actually dying. Since being only pro unborn life is too common.

Archived