IGNORED

Look, up in the sky, it's 40K Moms!

GeoBQn

The latest campaign by OMM is to combat the homosexual agenda in comic books.

Please send DC Comics (Warner Bros. Entertainment Company) and Marvel (Disney) an email urging them to change and cancel all plans of homosexual superhero characters immediately. Ask them to do the right thing and reverse their decision to have sexual orientation displayed to young readers. Too much to include here. Click on link to read more and Take Action!

They are never going to understand that animation, video games, and comic books aren't just for kids anymore.

Uggh this pisses me off. I bet some of the 40 k moms don't even let their kids read comic books. There have been LGBT characters in comic books before but those comics are published by smaller companies.

These days the adult market is equal or greater to the children's market for many titles, including some of the best known superheroes. A lot of the new versions are very dark, very adult and very sexual. The sexism and patriarchy displayed in many of the mainstream comics is appalling and after speaking to many artists I've learnt that this is an institutional problem at the big publishers.

I'm surprised they aren't calling for an end to all publications not put out by Vision Forum or Gothard.

That's the next step. Luckily they won't get to that point. Too many comic book readers and animation fans are all for a greater presence of LGBTQ characters.

I'm surprised they aren't calling for an end to all publications not put out by Vision Forum or Gothard.

Welcome back to the Index Librorum Prohibitorum (Index of prohibited books) and 'Imprimatur' (let it be printed)

Oh wait, that was the evil Catholics in the 15th century . . .

Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose. There is nothing new about bigotry. Not too long now before we get the bookburnings and crusades.

These days the adult market is equal or greater to the children's market for many titles, including some of the best known superheroes. A lot of the new versions are very dark, very adult and very sexual. The sexism and patriarchy displayed in many of the mainstream comics is appalling and after speaking to many artists I've learnt that this is an institutional problem at the big publishers.

The Batman comics I read in the late 80's/early 90's were definitively not for kids.

Here's a thought. If you don't care for the content of a publication, DON'T READ IT! There, problem solved.

As for everyone else, you have no right to tell us or our children what we can and cannot read.

Does anyone know if there are Tom of Finland comic books (a Google search tells me maybe)? If there are, I feel like some charitable soul should send each of the 40K moms a copy. With any luck, they'll be so traumatized, they'll be able to do nothing but sit in a room and rock back and forth for the next 30 years or so.

Wtf they think this is something new? LGBTQ themes have been in comic books for a loooong time. Batwoman is a favourite of mine - a lesbian who quits the US Army because of DADT (before the repeal obviously) and turns to being a vigilante because she is denied the chance to serve her country.

Archived