IGNORED

60 Day Juice Fast?

dairyfreelife

The girls are curvy - they have hips and narrow waists. You can't make your hips smaller when that's just the way your body type is.

Noooooooooooo don't tell me that :( I'm still determined to make them smaller

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Noooooooooooo don't tell me that :( I'm still determined to make them smaller

You can't make them any smaller than your actual bones, you know.

And really, when it comes to diets and all that? Unless you're actually at an unhealthy weight, it might be lazy, but I figure it's easier and more effective to just wait for the style to change again. Sooner or later your body shape (or hair color/texture, or skin tone, or whatever) will come back in fashion.

And really, when it comes to diets and all that? Unless you're actually at an unhealthy weight, it might be lazy, but I figure it's easier and more effective to just wait for the style to change again. Sooner or later your body shape (or hair color/texture, or skin tone, or whatever) will come back in fashion.

That's what I meant. :)

God forbid these people eat balanced meals, smaller portions, and exercise: cardio, strength, weight, etc. training. :roll:

Yeah. I can't tell if my bones are big or if I just store weight there which can go. I'm worried it's the bones because my hip bones are visible :( I don't know if it's fashionable or not, they just look bigger than the rest of me.

Update: Week 7

There are occasional moments when I think, “I can’t do this anymore!†More often though, I think, “I don’t want to do this anymore!†As I shared this with a friend on Sunday, she said, “But you’re so close to the end!†That little bit of encouragement spurred me on. I want to see this thing through!

Sounds like this diet is making them miserable. She wants a salad after it's over and I'm thinking a real salad has to be a helluva lot better for you than juice alone. It seems like fundies like this get into fads really easy and are big followers. Kinda scary to see that vulnerability and know easily they can be conned into something, even something dangerous.

It isn't just fundies that fall into these things, I'm watching somebody fall into the GAPS diet right now. What I can't believe is that all the stuff that shows that they are basically starving their body they take as signs of "Detox." WTF is "detox?"

This is probably controversial, but I'm not convinced any of these fad diets truly work. I mean sure they take off the weight temporarily, but once you go off it you almost always gain every ounce + some back.

I have watched soooo many people I know try every diet known to man, lose weight, go off said diet and then gain it all back. I think the only real way to be healthy is to eat right, portion control, and exercise.

It removes "toxins" from your body. They don't define what a toxin is or explain why juicing will remove it from your body. If you think something you eat is a toxin wouldn't it be more efficient to stop eating it altogether?

I have a friend on facebook who did the Juice fast for two months. She lost a good bit of weight (I'm thinking 30 pounds? Something like that), but she had dizziness for the first week and then intermittently if she didn't get enough calories through her juice drinks.

somehow juicing these past weeks has dramatically improved my eyesight

Wow, ya reckon? Do ya think it just might be all the beta carotene? Huh, who would have thought?!

From my friend's account, when Cheryl gets off of this, if she's not got a good plan in order, she'll go on an eating binge like you won't believe. And she might just gain back in two weeks what it took her 6+ weeks to take off.

And while, yeah, veggies and fruits have antioxidants that help release the toxins from all the processed junk she's probably eaten for who knows how long, it's not a diet that is reasonable for LIFE. Better that she gets her body's full nutrients through dairy, meats, nuts, fruits and veggies and whole grains. That'll get her through a lifetime without making her feel like she needs to go on an eating binge.

This is probably controversial, but I'm not convinced any of these fad diets truly work. I mean sure they take off the weight temporarily, but once you go off it you almost always gain every ounce + some back.

I have watched soooo many people I know try every diet known to man, lose weight, go off said diet and then gain it all back. I think the only real way to be healthy is to eat right, portion control, and exercise.

I completely agree with you! Fad diets are junk. The only way to lose weight and keep it off is through exercise and healthy eating.

On topic, a guy I know through my church did a 40-day juice fast. He lost a ton of weight to the point where he looked ill and was a real bear to be around toward the end.

It removes "toxins" from your body. They don't define what a toxin is or explain why juicing will remove it from your body. If you think something you eat is a toxin wouldn't it be more efficient to stop eating it altogether?

*My* favorite (note the sarcasm) are the "detox diets" that claim to cleanse your lymphatic system. Uh, no. Just no.

I thought people learned how their bodies worked when they took science classes. If you aren't sure how a certain organ or system works, look it up from a reputable organization. Oh, sorry. Is that too much common sense? Maybe I need a cleanse for that...

This is probably controversial, but I'm not convinced any of these fad diets truly work.

I think it's only controversial to those who have a current investment in some fad diet or another.

my favorite is the woman I heard of who was giving her son regular coffee enemas to "cleanse" his system. Her son was lethargic all the time, due to "toxins" of course, but when she gave him a coffee enema he perked right up and had so much energy! Yikes. Maybe your son is lethargic and depressed all the time because you are constantly sending coffee up his rear. Just sayin.

*My* favorite (note the sarcasm) are the "detox diets" that claim to cleanse your lymphatic system. Uh, no. Just no.

I thought people learned how their bodies worked when they took science classes. If you aren't sure how a certain organ or system works, look it up from a reputable organization. Oh, sorry. Is that too much common sense? Maybe I need a cleanse for that...

C'mon ChickeyMonkey, why use an encyclopedia or medical center website (a la mayoclinic.com) when you can read "What Your Doctor Doesn't Want You To Know about _____" books? And the author's website, of course! You can even buy all the recommended supplements RIGHT THERE! It's so convenient :dance:

my favorite is the woman I heard of who was giving her son regular coffee enemas to "cleanse" his system. Her son was lethargic all the time, due to "toxins" of course, but when she gave him a coffee enema he perked right up and had so much energy! Yikes. Maybe your son is lethargic and depressed all the time because you are constantly sending coffee up his rear. Just sayin.

:o what.the.ever.lasting.fuck?

Proponents of the GAPS diet claim it cures food and environmental allergies, autism, ADHD, Depression, Schizophrenia and who knows what else....

This sentence really worries me:

All those dark greens may be contributing to a type of kidney stone - calcium oxalate.

Week 6 update: Juice fasts can improve your eyesight! Also, the mom is getting annoyed that her weight loss has slowed.

treasuresfromashoebox.blogspot.com/2012/06/secret-society-week-6-hidden-blessings.html

Um, she should know that A. most of that early weight loss was water weight, B. weight loss done at a slower pace is more likely to stay off, and C. she's probably burning muscle, which in its normal state, burns more calories. So she's getting rid of the very thing that HELPS metabolism! But then again, I can guarantee that once she starts eating solid food again, she's going to gain it all back, plus more.

Juice fasts for a month are kind of awesome for different reasons... losing weight is NOT one of them. Trust the former anorexic... Only way to keep off the weight is to avoid eating solids again and living on a liquid diet is not what humans were made for... Some may be able to do it healthily but this is rare. LIQUID only means no chewable food not like good hearty soups =P

The health "effects" are just excuses so people dont' think you have an eating disorder if you decide to only ingest lemon juice and hot sauce for a week at a time.

By the way, I've read this woman's blog and is it bad I actually like her? I was reading her series called loving a rebel and she seems like a wonderful mother who accepts her daughter. I saw some of my own mother in her and I'll keep reading but this part really touched me:

I had been correct in my assessment; this situation did in fact “make†our relationship. It was at this point that Amanda realized that I would be there for her no matter what. That I loved her unconditionally and wanted God’s best for her life. She knew she had my heart. And now after nineteen years, I had finally won hers!

I think she handled her daughter attitude and rebelliousness rather well... sticking by her even if she felt it was wrong and supporting her, still wanting to be her confidant and friend. I don't know, other than the juice fast she seems to be a very sweet person? Am I wrong?

Proponents of the GAPS diet claim it cures food and environmental allergies, autism, ADHD, Depression, Schizophrenia and who knows what else....

If only some of the fad diets cured gullibility, they'd all disappear!

Guest Anonymous
By the way, I've read this woman's blog and is it bad I actually like her? I was reading her series called loving a rebel and she seems like a wonderful mother who accepts her daughter. I saw some of my own mother in her and I'll keep reading but this part really touched me:

I think she handled her daughter attitude and rebelliousness rather well... sticking by her even if she felt it was wrong and supporting her, still wanting to be her confidant and friend. I don't know, other than the juice fast she seems to be a very sweet person? Am I wrong?

You're totally off your nut. This woman completely rejected her daughter and treated her like crap because her new husband disliked the daughter. They didn't allow the daughter to hold or play with the baby from the new marriage. The husband was cheating and when the daughter told her mother the mom called her a liar and treated her even shittier than she already was. And that's not even getting into the husband shooting and killing the wife's dog. I have no idea what you find likeable about this woman, she's high on my "can't stand the sight of her" list.

Archived