IGNORED

Lori Alexander thinks submission solves marriage problems

If Lori thinks it works, it must work for everyone. She knows the secret to everything after all.

If your boss asked you to clean the bathroom, you would obey. If you asked your child to clean the bathroom, hopefully, you have trained them to obey.

Because there's not a difference between relationships. My boss wouldn't ask me to clean the bathroom though. There's a janitor to do that. But if I didn't do what the boss wanted for my job, I'd rish getting in trouble, if not fired. Children don't always listen, but I wouldn't ask my child to clean the bathroom entirely. Clean up after themselves in the bathroom or help me, sure.

We hate anyone telling us what to do. THAT is the bottom line. We want to do things our way.

Or not. When it comes to true authority, like a boss, we know we are supposed to listen to what they say. Our job is on the line. Other people may be on the line or a business. There's not a reason for a husband to tell his wife to clean the bathroom unless it's like "I'll clean the kitchen if you clean the bathroom" sort of delegating to get tasks done. Seriously, if a husband sees that the bathroom needs cleaned, why tell his wife? If it needs cleaned, clean it.

Jesus asks us to be servants of all. If we can't humbly serve the person that we are one flesh with and whom we are called to love until death through sickness and in health, who can we serve?

So next time your husband asks you to do something, do it willingly, and see how much that simple act of obedience can change your marriage.

I think that would cause more problems honestly. I don't think many husbands would appreciate an obedient wife. I know many men who want independent wives. They want women who can stand on their own and are smart. Many don't want their SO to be like an employee who needs told what to do like a child.

My parents have been married for about 30 years. I've never seen either submit to the other. Their marriage seems just fine. They love each other, tell each other, show each other in different ways. My mother has never submitted to his will and my father never expected her to and never made her do anything. If he saw that laundry needed done, he did it and didn't ask my mother to do it. I think little things like that are what show love and commitment than being obedient to one's husband.

lorialexander.blogspot.com/2012/05/cleaning-bathroom.html

Lori is an idiot. However, she's welcome to clean my bathroom.

Ditto. My bathtub needs a good scrubbing down.

Hey, it solved my marriage problems. My husband asked for a divorce. I submitted to his request. Free at last, free at last! Thank God Almighty, I'm free at last! :lol:

Hey, it solved my marriage problems. My husband asked for a divorce. I submitted to his request. Free at last, free at last! Thank God Almighty, I'm free at last! :lol:

:lol:

That happened to me too!!!!!

That happened to me, although he was upset that I actually filed the papers myself. If I had waited for him to file, we would probably still be legally married, just separated.

:laughing-rolling:

lori pisses me off more than most...probably because she states her stupid opinions as if they were fact and goes on and on about how she just wishes she could "mentor" all us heathen women who are apparently shitty wives.

my husband doesn't TELL me to do anything. in fact, he is the one who is often encourages me to take a break! if i need him to do something for me i ask him politely and vice versa. having someone do something for you because they love you means a lot more in my book than someone doing something for you because they believe that they HAVE to obey you like a dog.

Lori thinks that citric acid is alkaline... just keep that in mind when reading her advice. She would not know reality if it gave her a lap dance.

Lori thinks that citric acid is alkaline... just keep that in mind when reading her advice. She would not know reality if it gave her a lap dance.

i think i might be too acidic :lol:

She would not know reality if it gave her a lap dance.

Well, that wins quote of the day in my book.

BTW, I would have been appalled in my last 2 jobs if I had been asked to clean the office bathroom, because it was clearly not part of my job description. I wouldn't consider asking my employees to do it now. Employees can reasonably be expected to do what they were hired to do.

[i did clean toilets 22 years ago, but that was at a summer camp where EVERYTHING was part of the job description.]

I don't clean on command. I may clean if I see that something is dirty, or if we are about to have people over. It's not hubby's job to order me to clean. Sometimes, I'll respond to "Hon, do you mind cleaning up the kitchen because my father's coming by the house this morning and I need to leave for work early?", but it's not out of a feeling of submission.

Is there any instance whatsoever that fundies actually are willing to give men responsibility for their actions? What if they lost their job and couldn't provide anymore? Is that the wife's fault? Did she forget to bake brownies to send to work with him? Or, did she defraud the entire department by showing her ankles at the company picnic? :angry-banghead:

You can serve and submit all you want -- but the "boss" has to keep doing his job. You're not responsible for him.If they claim husbands are supposed to be the heads of households, why don't they act like it?

Jesus asks us to be servants of all. If we can't humbly serve the person that we are one flesh with and whom we are called to love until death through sickness and in health, who can we serve?

So next time your husband asks you to do something, do it willingly, and see how much that simple act of obedience can change your marriage.

So does Lori's husband serve her humbly and willingly? Other than making money and exuding manliness, I mean. Somehow I think she would flip her shit if someone suggested that he should, I don't know, clean his own mess occasionally or make her tea when she's sick, or rub her back when she's pregnant, etc.

Archived