IGNORED

Rebecca Eleventy-hundred turns 21!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WonderingInWA

They're back from Branson.

Whenever see or Annah start off a sentence about doing a mundane activity (blogging, making a cake, going to the store, uploading photos) with the phrase "Lord Willing," it makes me irrationally nervous. I usually only here that phrase in front of sentences where is it implied something could turn out terribly awfully tragic, eg. "Lord willing, Grandpa will make it through the operation" and "Lord willing, the storm won't hit the coast" or something of that nature. Using it all willy nilly just gives me fear that the rest of the sentence she's blogging is going to be super sad and ahh.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw that, too, and wondered who the oldest sister is. I do know that their dad, Jerry, wrote in the forward of his riveting book that he's the father to 5, yet there are only 2 of them living at home so I just always assumed he had children from a previous marriage/relationship.

As a family, they get together a lot with a Donald and Jeremy and Leona and can't remember the other gal's name -- two married couples that Rebecca-eleventy calls her cousins, but one of the men and one of the women look enough like Jerry that I've often wondered if they are his children and not R&As cousins as they are referred to.

It will be interesting to see if Annah posts any photos from their visit. I think their parents have been married almost 25 years, so for the entire lifetimes of Rebecca and Annah, so the extra 3 kids have to be older than that. But you're right, I've never heard Rebecca ever mention a sister other than Annah, so that was surprising.

From the posts when Leona had the baby, especially here where there's one of Aunt Jean and their mom both, I thought maybe Jean was their mom's sister? They look a lot alike to me.

http://proverbs1717blog.blogspot.com/20 ... chive.html

However the older siblings come into play, they really don't seem to identify them as that typically.

http://hiswayserves-hiswayserves.blogsp ... iving.html

Like this from Rebecca's Thanksgiving post a few years back.

-My family: Dad, Mom, my sister, Annah and our dog, Chloe

Maybe old Jerry had 3 kids with Aunt Jean before marrying Rebecca and Annah's mother. That would make Donald and Leona and Tatum their cousins! Voila! Problem solved!

I wonder what will become of Rebecca, Annah and her Mum if their Dad dies?

He seems to be the main income earner so I can't imagine they won't be living below the poverty line if he dies.

I wonder what will become of Rebecca, Annah and her Mum if their Dad dies?

He seems to be the main income earner so I can't imagine they won't be living below the poverty line if he dies.

Well, like any fundie family, they'll just find someone for the girls to marry, or the girls could get jobs (and driver's licenses) and they'd probably be okay. Annah already does quite a bit of babysitting -- I would have happily paid a 20-something to babysit for me when my kids were little but all the sitters in my area turn 16, get a car, and a job at the mall and then they don't want to do it anymore. And Rebecca and Annah help their dad with his custodial business, so they would probably be able to take over most of those duties (although probably not the floor refinishing business).

Jerry had some heart issues last year, IIRC, and Mary looks like she's probably got some health issues (although can't really judge a book by it's cover, I suppose), so I'm afraid they could potentially have some medical bills that would skyrocket at some point. They don't look like they live outside their means, which is good.

If the 3 of them put their heads together, they could probably keep the household afloat (i.e., each of them work a $10 -> $15/hour job, babysit children, or pets, clean homes, etc.).

Archived