IGNORED

Planned Parenthood made a profit of 85 million!!!

Maul the Koala

facebook.com/LifeBeginsAtConception/posts/429400907079696

FS: I found this on another site and thought I'd share it with all of you.

"I went to a dinner and heard Carol Everett speak. I was astonished. She was once Owner of a Planned Parenthood in Dallas Fort Worth. Her background: She personally had an abortion. She told us how girls would call and they would get basically a telemarketer with a script. Carol told us to call a clinic and say this ...and their response would be this. I tried it and it was.

(The most astonishing info she said was the clinic will give out a low dose pill, so eventually the girl will have to come back and have an abortion because the pill given did not work.

Carol also said that abortions cost anywhere from $300 to $1500 around the country. She said at her clinic, the doctors would go from one room to another and only change their gloves. They had complications with abortions and would call an ambulance to take the girls to a hospital that would cover for them. The clinic had an incident where the girl had a complication and died. They got her out of the clinic before she died. So, they can still advertise they have good, safety practices.

Doing more research on this I found out Planned Parenthood is supposed to be a non-profit agency. However, the taxpayer in 2008-2009 paid them 363.2 million dollars! Their profit for 2008-2009: 63.4 million Wow! I wish I had profits like that. Their profit for 2007-2008: 85 million.

Moms I would like to caution you about taking your daughter to get birth control pills here! I am not trying to make this a pro-choice or pro-life post. I want you to protect your daughters! Do your own research on Carol Everett. If you have the chance to hear her speak, go! She was a very informative speaker." ♥ samantha

First off, Carol Everett did not own a Planned Parenthood. She managed abortion clinics but never owned one. And these claims are crazy. The clinic would give out low dose pills so that the women would have to come back for abortions? The health and safety standards described here are appalling. If true, she was managing the clinic and it was directly her fault for not enforcing the standards.

Here's the website I found that disputes all the 'facts' Everett talks about

eileen.undonet.com/Main/7_R_Eile/Everett.html

Yikes. What a piece of work.

People like this drive me crazy. As a non-profit auditor and accountant, just because your bottom line says 85 million doesn't mean they actually made 85 million in cash. If they had a pledge campaign going during that time they would have had to record all of those "promises to give" even if they didn't actually receive the cash. So for example if someone promised to give PP 30 million dollars and then decided that they couldn't give that after all, the organization would have had to record that income in one year even though they didn't get it and then write off a huge loss in the next year. Therefore the Organization may look great one year and terrible the next.

It's pretty ridiculous to claim that the people you speak to at PP are like telemarketers. If you are calling them to solicit information or services, they don't really meet the definition :roll:

Why is she so upset that people receive scripted answers from PP? I'm sure they have a high volume of volunteers with a high turnover, so it only makes sense to coach everyone to give complete, correct information to everyone who calls. I guess if you're not bashing the over the head with emotional appeals, ur doin it rong.

Low dose pills don't work? Is this woman severely misinformed, or am I? 'Cause I got put on low dose BC pills, and, while I didn't go on them for contraceptive purposes, from what I understood, low dose pills are just...lower dose? The doctor told me that most women were on low dose pills...

The stupid...it burns...

It's the 21st century. Nearly all birth control prescriptions are low dose these days. I'll repeat that in case any of our lurkers are sheltered enough to believe this crap. Nearly all birth control prescriptions are low dose. It's standard practise to write a prescription for low dose. As far as I know, only one brand even comes in high dose anymore. And guess what: low dose birth control is just as effective as high dose birth control. That 99% effectiveness figure you hear about? That's for the low dose pill.

And given that Carol Everett ran clinics, she knew what I just wrote, and she was lying. She would never get away with stuff like this if she was preaching to people on the streets, but she knew her audience was naïve (it was an anti-choice dinner, after all) and she used them.

And if anyone with a dummy facebook account wants to point this out, go right ahead.

I think she was refering to the abortion pill being low dose so that it wouldn't work and they'd have to be aspirated.

Carol Everett goes wherever the money goes, obviously. She saw that there was money to be made from the pro-life crowd and she went that way.

The stupid, it burns. They all lap it up too without thinking that hey, some of this isn't making sense...

I think she was refering to the abortion pill being low dose so that it wouldn't work and they'd have to be aspirated.

Well that too sounds laughable, but if that was the case, Ms. Everett was very unclear about it, because the person writing the quoted article specifically thinks she meant birth control pills.

There are several problems with this idea, but I will only address two of them.

1. Abortion pills come in standard dosages that have been approved by the FDA as effective. PP uses those dosages.

2. PP loses money on abortion. They do them in many areas on a sliding scale and are generally not turning a profit.

I thought all perscriptions were given low dose? Every med I have been on, even with intentions for a higher dose, have always began with a low dose to start. Why does this woman think the answer is to overmedicate people?

I thought all perscriptions were given low dose? Every med I have been on, even with intentions for a higher dose, have always began with a low dose to start. Why does this woman think the answer is to overmedicate people?

eh, I don't love the 'low dose' as the best/first option for most people because it's typical use failure rate is SO high--I won't be on it because the idea that taking my pill at the wrong time could lead to an oops baby isn't for me. And the low dose pill isn't supposed to be something you take to 'step up' to a full dose--it's a different, slightly less reliable (with typical use/user error) form of the pill.

The 'normal' pill isn't 'low dose', it's...medium dose--hence having a bigger window for not screwing it up.

I love how people talk shit about Planned Parenthood, yet have never stepped foot inside one. I can't tell you how many times I've had to explain to people that PP is juts a regular medical facility. I think people have this perception that PP is a dirty place with nurses wheeling around carts of dead fetuses in a jar.

ETA: I do dislike their call center reps. They're not very professional and they won't connect you to the actual medical facility that you sought medical treatment with. So if I have a question for the NP, I have to go through the call center. It's annoying as hell.

Is there any lie these people wont stoop to telling?

Is there any lie these people wont stoop to telling?

No. They will tell any lie necessary. They have to know deep down that they are liars, but I guess they feel it is justified. We all tell little white lies--telling a telemarketer that we are not home or whatever. And we feel they are justified because what is the harm? They feel tht they are justified because their side is right.

But the thing I don't get is this: if you have to lie to back up your beliefs, wouldn't that make you reconsider them?

^ They've probably told themselves the lies for so long they believe them to be true.

Not that that makes it right, but, you know, less likely to reconsider.

No. They will tell any lie necessary. They have to know deep down that they are liars, but I guess they feel it is justified. We all tell little white lies--telling a telemarketer that we are not home or whatever. And we feel they are justified because what is the harm? They feel tht they are justified because their side is right.

But the thing I don't get is this: if you have to lie to back up your beliefs, wouldn't that make you reconsider them?

I think it gets to a point where people start believing the lies. Do I think this woman believes any bit of her lies. Hell no. Criminal charges would have been brought against her if she was telling the truth. Some one would have investigated these very public claims. I think a lot of people don't question her because they want it to be true to justify their stance.

eh, I don't love the 'low dose' as the best/first option for most people because it's typical use failure rate is SO high--I won't be on it because the idea that taking my pill at the wrong time could lead to an oops baby isn't for me. And the low dose pill isn't supposed to be something you take to 'step up' to a full dose--it's a different, slightly less reliable (with typical use/user error) form of the pill.

The 'normal' pill isn't 'low dose', it's...medium dose--hence having a bigger window for not screwing it up.

I guess I have never had a pregnancy issue. I am sure doctors that do BC also don't see you on a weekly basis. But on the basis of all medication, all uses, is that you start with a low dose and increase it. I don't see why they would expose these women/girls to a high dosage when their bodies don't require it. And a high dose might cause side effects that are drastic in a person that doesn't need them. Is there a blood test in place for the effectiveness of BC pills? They don't give alternative BC options at planned parenthood as far as i know (shot, patch, internal insertion) but I don't think putting these people on a high hormonal pill can be good for them. If you are forgetful about taking a pill, on the LT there are medical doctors you can go to for a more effective form of birth control. I think of PP as a place for people who are under 18 and can't get medical treatment for themselves. If you are that intent on having sex and that determined to not get pregnant, go to a real OBGYN. They can definitely help you try something else.

I guess I have never had a pregnancy issue. I am sure doctors that do BC also don't see you on a weekly basis. But on the basis of all medication, all uses, is that you start with a low dose and increase it. I don't see why they would expose these women/girls to a high dosage when their bodies don't require it. And a high dose might cause side effects that are drastic in a person that doesn't need them. Is there a blood test in place for the effectiveness of BC pills? They don't give alternative BC options at planned parenthood as far as i know (shot, patch, internal insertion) but I don't think putting these people on a high hormonal pill can be good for them. If you are forgetful about taking a pill, on the LT there are medical doctors you can go to for a more effective form of birth control. I think of PP as a place for people who are under 18 and can't get medical treatment for themselves. If you are that intent on having sex and that determined to not get pregnant, go to a real OBGYN. They can definitely help you try something else.

I've heard of many PPs offering Depo. As for the high dose pill being less sensitive to screw-ups, that may be true. But if a patient is worried about missing pills, doctors will put them on an easier form rather than put them on the high dose because there were just so many side effects on the high dose pill. I think the cancer risk was greater, too. The regular low-dose pill also isn't that sensitive to screw-ups. You can waver on the time as long as you stay within a half-hour radius and the occasional screw up doesn't require backup as long as it's within 6 hours of the time (according to my personal doc for my specific former prescription - do NOT take this as medical advice). I'm currently on Micronor (progestin-only) which is the real time-sensitive pill. It should be down to the minute and my doctor gave me a half hour of leeway for occasional screw-ups. Now I'm pretty crappy at taking pills right on time, so between that and the fact that Micronor doesn't decrease my cramps, I'm going back on estrogen as of this week.

I have no idea what depo is minerva, and google is giving me all sorts of headache. explain? BTW i liked your post

^ They've probably told themselves the lies for so long they believe them to be true.

Not that that makes it right, but, you know, less likely to reconsider.

Some of these people have never been told the truth by people they look up to. To them the lies are all they know.

I have no idea what depo is minerva, and google is giving me all sorts of headache. explain? BTW i liked your post

Depo Provera is the shot. It's progestin-only, and injected every 3 months. Being progestin-only, it's safer in a lot of ways, but not everyone likes the lack of period regulation and/or lack of periods that comes with that.

ETA thanks.

Depo Provera is the shot. It's progestin-only, and injected every 3 months. Being progestin-only, it's safer in a lot of ways, but not everyone likes the lack of period regulation and/or lack of periods that comes with that.

ETA thanks.

thanks. There were a lot of birth control options I didn't look into because they cause weight gain. For most people this wouldn't be a problem, but with my history of eating disorders this wasn't even given to me as an option, based on the appetite side effect. I'm also scared of losing my period since I lost it before. Thank you for explaining it to me.

But on the basis of all medication, all uses, is that you start with a low dose and increase it. I don't see why they would expose these women/girls to a high dosage when their bodies don't require it. And a high dose might cause side effects that are drastic in a person that doesn't need them.

High/low dose just refers to the amount of hormones, I believe. Some people just do better with different formulas. They tried to give me one when I was younger (don't recall the name) that made me nauseous - so much so that I threw up the pill.

I think of PP as a place for people who are under 18 and can't get medical treatment for themselves. If you are that intent on having sex and that determined to not get pregnant, go to a real OBGYN. They can definitely help you try something else.

Some people still can't afford anything else - can't afford health insurance, or doesn't cover what they need. I will say that PP medical staff tend to be pretty good - I got my first pap/internal exam from one who was awesome.

I had to stop going to that page and posting. I just couldn't take the stupid anymore. And I'm pro-life.

The Planned Parenthood I go to gives you a large brochure listing all of your options (continuous abstinence, continuous breastfeeding, outercourse/non-PIV-sex, withdrawl, sterilization, implants, shot, progestin-only pills, combined hormone pills, IUD, Diaphragm, cervical cap, ring, patch, condoms, female condoms, spermicide, sponge, and fertility awareness.) including pros, cons, effectiveness and pricing. Of these they specifically offer: birth control implant, birth control patch (Ortho Evra), birth control pill, birth control shot, birth control sponge (Today Sponge), birth control vaginal ring (NuvaRing), diaphragm, condom, female condom, emergency contraception (morning after pill), fertility awareness method, IUD (Mirena), IUD (ParaGard), and spermicide. And to be perfectly honest, while I go to PP because I'm unemployed and don't have insurance, I've been happier with their services than I ever was with my old OBGYNs. I will probably continue to go there even once I'm back on health insurance.

Archived