IGNORED

Undercover Fundie-watching opportunity

SimplyMe

If you've ever wanted to mingle with fundie royalty and you live in the SE US, here's your opportunity. :-)

celebratememorialday.com/index.html

This is pretty close to my house, but my husband said I'm crazy if I think he'll go anywhere near this celebration with me. I was considering asking a friend (another girl) to come with me and all of our kids and pose as a family (it does, afterall say it's a 'family' celebration and doesn't specifically elaborate on their definition of family), just to see the reaction we'd get, but as it turns out, we'll be out of town that weekend. Boo!

Anyone close enough to attend and can report back about this event? You'd be a FJ hero!

Why is "Colonel" in quotes for "Colonel" Bill Henderson?

Also, I'm not as familiar with all the fundie royalty-- which ones are these?

It's the Scott Brown crowd--the National Center for Family-Integrated Churches

aka the guys who can't stand that children might actually be reached on their own level instead of being preached at and forced to stay still for hours.

ETA: I also went to Scott Brown's website, he's a disgusting creature, blaming everything on the women's movement. He can kiss my fat, white, single, never-married, not under a headship, holding a job, having a mortgage, living my life ASS!

I was wondering that same thing. Why the quotation marks. If he's actually a Colonel, that's rude, if he's not, he shouldn't be using the title. So, either way, there shouldn't be quotation marks!

As mentioned above, they run the Nat'l Center for Family Integrated Churches. They run in the Vision Forum set- friends with the Mortons among others. One daughter married the 17 year old, another daughter has all the kids with crazy names (Triumph, for one). Son in law, P. Braddick is often discussed here, etc...

I recently came across a farmign family and I am trying to decide if they are fundie and if so dangerous fundie or just crazy fundy.... windymeadowfamilyfarms.com. Any opinions?

Could he be a Kentucky Colonel? I knew some one who had this as an honor given to him and he was able to use Colonel but of course is not silly enough to actually do that.

Could he be a Kentucky Colonel? I knew some one who had this as an honor given to him and he was able to use Colonel but of course is not silly enough to actually do that.

I'm not even sure what a Kentucky Colonel is. Who knows with these people. Why does Brett call himself Capt Brett? Same kind of thing.

I thought there were other North Carolinians on here? No one wants to hang with the Brown family on their farm this weekend?! ;-)

I thought there were other North Carolinians on here? No one wants to hang with the Brown family on their farm this weekend?! ;-)

Too far away from me - we're saving our gas money for the protest on Sunday against the anti-gay pastor asshole.

Looks like a whole lot of stuff going on in NC this week. There's also a[link=http://conference.nche.com/]homeschool conference[/link] today through the 26th. No Dougie this time, but Voddie Baucham is speaking and there's a coupon to print out on vision forum's mailing list for a free "Tea With Michelle Duggar" DVD.

Archived