IGNORED

This is horrible but ever hear a fundy bring it up?

doggie

So far in the last week or so we have a Chinese person transporting ground up baby pills. Now here is a story of transporting roasted fetus's that are gold plated. Do we here anything from fundies? not so far but they sure go on about pepsi and other crap. The real thing is ignored.

http://news.yahoo.com/man-arrested-smug ... 04941.html

Sorry in advance for ruining a lovely Friday morning. There's pretty disturbing news coming out of Thailand where authorities have arrested a man for smuggling six roasted human fetuses in his luggage. (We said sorry!)

RELATED: Horrifyingly, Ground Baby Pills Are a Real Thing

According to The Independent's Rob Williams and other news reports, the fetuses had been roasted and covered in gold leaf as part of a ritual. Chow Hok Kuen, a British citizen, was planning to sell them to people looking to get rich. "[P]olice said the suspect bought them for $6,500 several days ago from a Taiwanese man in Thailand and planned to smuggle them into Taiwan and sell them there for up to six times that amount, according to The Global Post. Had he not been stopped, Kuen could've made nearly $40,000 from those six fetuses. "He said he planned to sell the foetuses to clients who believe they will make them lucky and rich," Colonel Wiwat Kamchamnan of Bangkok police, told the AFP.

Staunchly pro choice here, but that really is sickening if true.

I'm always a bit wary of stories like this. If it's true, yes, I find it disgusting, and obviously it's dangerous to people to actually consume these pills. But I also get an "Ooooh icky freaky foreigners!" vibe from these reports.

Staunchly pro choice here, but that really is sickening if true.

it's true I posted a link the baby pills. They did dna and other tests to try to get more info on them.

I'm incredibly suspicious of this claim. This type of claim is extremely common. Just google "blood libel" to see how far back it goes historically. It has been a common thing to accuse groups of murdering and/or eating children to make them look like monsters. Any story that makes such a claim really just makes me think of the Satanic panic thing, when even credible news sources jumped on the bandwagon and reported ridiculously false things. It's possible that someone, somewhere has actually made pills out of fetuses, but I'm very doubtful of this story.

I'm incredibly suspicious of this claim. This type of claim is extremely common. Just google "blood libel" to see how far back it goes historically. It has been a common thing to accuse groups of murdering and/or eating children to make them look like monsters. Any story that makes such a claim really just makes me think of the Satanic panic thing, when even credible news sources jumped on the bandwagon and reported ridiculously false things. It's possible that someone, somewhere has actually made pills out of fetuses, but I'm very doubtful of this story.

there has been followup on it. But look how they went after pepsi and not a word on this.

And yet Rick Santorum keeps a fetus in a jar on his desk :roll:

I-I-I hope you're lying, experiencedd, because I'm quite gullible. :shock: If it's true, then... *shudders and rocks back and forth find a happy place, find a happy place*

I'm trying to wrap my brain around this. Dried placenta is a component you can find in some old schools Chinese herbal shops. There is nothing to show that the testing on the pills was able to differentiate what kind of human tissue this was. I would guess its probably placenta.

The supposed fetuses are another story.

Yeah, remember that story that was posted online several years ago, showing a photograph of a man (an Asian guy) eating what genuinely looked like a barbecued baby? And that's what the story said it was, like it was a new "delicacy" that was being offered in certain restaurants in X country.

Turns out it was a photograph of a performance art thing, and the baby was probably fake. But we didn't find that out until years after the fact.

Not saying that this is on the same level - it looks like there was some actual reporting going on here, though I am still suspicious - but the theme is similar. The fact that people, especially Americans, are so quick to just go ahead and believe stories like this say a lot to me about our underlying fears of people who come from different cultures or who don't look like us.

ETA: here's an article on it - http://urbanlegends.about.com/od/horror ... babies.htm

And here's one on blood libel - http://www.religioustolerance.org/jud_blib2.htm

I-I-I hope you're lying, experiencedd, because I'm quite gullible. :shock: If it's true, then... *shudders and rocks back and forth find a happy place, find a happy place*

It's an unsubstantiated rumor.

Again, I'm highly doubtful that Rick Santorum keeps the fetus in a jar on his desk. He did actually show the fetus to his children after it was aborted, and frankly that was bad enough because he forced them to look (didn't just offer to let them see it). He's a reprehensible person, but the rumor about him keeping it in a jar is probably an exaggeration to make him look bad, which is unnecessary IMO. He might keep the remains (probably cremated if kept), but I doubt it is displayed anywhere as a visible fetus. At most it's probably no worse than my mom keeping a little decorative wooden box of our family cat's ashes. You wouldn't know what's actually in it just by looking at it.

Again, I'm highly doubtful that Rick Santorum keeps the fetus in a jar on his desk. He did actually show the fetus to his children after it was aborted, and frankly that was bad enough because he forced them to look (didn't just offer to let them see it). He's a reprehensible person, but the rumor about him keeping it in a jar is probably an exaggeration to make him look bad, which is unnecessary IMO. He might keep the remains (probably cremated if kept), but I doubt it is displayed anywhere as a visible fetus. At most it's probably no worse than my mom keeping a little decorative wooden box of our family cat's ashes. You wouldn't know what's actually in it just by looking at it.

The fetus in the rumor isn't his child that was buried. I first heard the rumor many years ago when he was serving in DC.

So far in the last week or so we have a Chinese person transporting ground up baby pills. Now here is a story of transporting roasted fetus's that are gold plated. Do we here anything from fundies? not so far but they sure go on about pepsi and other crap. The real thing is ignored.

http://news.yahoo.com/man-arrested-smug ... 04941.html

:greetings-wavingyellow: Umm- fundie who did pass on the baby pills story AND clarified the fetal cells AND (not IN) Pepsi story. viewtopic.php?f=8&t=10023&start=20

Not sure why the baby pills story hasn't made a bigger splash. The Pepsi story has been around longer though (I've heard about it in the past) so maybe just give it some time.

And yet Rick Santorum keeps a fetus in a jar on his desk :roll:

But he's neither lucky (couldn't get the votes to claim the nomination) nor rich (mega campaign debt), so Rick, you're doing it wrong. ;)

Archived