IGNORED

FB bans mom for posting photos of son who lived 8 hours

gustava

Exactly 2x.

And you can't control what people see fit to post. I had someone post on my wall "I love Gerry Adams! Between the Armalite and the ballot box, he will lead us to victory." At 5am.

While I was amused by the notion of someone waking up with a rush of love for Gerry Adams at 5am, such sentiments can get you in trouble. I had one person who er, went a bit further, someone posting in favour of Sion na Gael someone else posting in praise of North Korea. Defriended.

You can control what people post on your wall by deleting it.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Believe me, when I spotted it I did! But was lazy checking so it was sat for a while.

I also messaged the guy saying "I doubt GA would appreciate you mentioning the Armalite." :D

And i still think it would lack grace to defriend someone.

And I sing praises that I get to live life by my rules and not yours.

Regarding the "fake" facebook accounts, I have two and only a few people know who the real person behind one of them is. I have one in my real name with family only on it and it's very locked down.

And I sing praises that I get to live life by my rules and not yours.

Regarding the "fake" facebook accounts, I have two and only a few people know who the real person behind one of them is. I have one in my real name with family only on it and it's very locked down.

Was I telling you to do something? Because I thought I was just having an opinion on a theoretical action towards another who is grieving.

RE: the Baby Faith blog

I can't snark on that blog. I feel awful because I'm reading it and there's a definite overtone of that the medical community was 100% wrong and everything was normal. I think she takes comfort in that she thought the baby could hear, see and respond to her. I can't deprive the mom of that.

This.

Perhaps I misunderstood. I felt you were passing judgment on my opinion and telling me I was wrong. Saying handslap lead me to believe you wished to impart correction which I did not need.

Thinking about it, we may approach FB differently which could lead to different behavior. Most of my FB "friends" are casual and would likely not notice or care if I defriended them. It is a fake name account after all and 90% of the people don't know who I really am. They are almost all solely internet friends. Now if it were one of the 10% or less I know face to face, I'd try not to look at the pictures or merely block seeing their posts for awhile. I have one true friend I must do that three or four times a year or at least ignore a particular topic with her. You may really know all your FB friends and they might well be insulted to be defriended. It could likely be a difference in our use of FB.

I was saying I think defriending someone over posting pictures of their ill child lacks grace.

I know in person, the vast majority of my 232 fb friends. The rest I know casually and I sometimes ignore topics I don't care about, but if a mother was grieving I would remi d myself that the painful pictures would pass. And instead of defriending her, I might reach out. But the. I assume people on the Internet are actual humans, with real feelings in the end. And I don't really understand the fake Facebook account.

This is horrible.

She had her kid, she held him and tried to make happy memories with her family before he passed. They were all so brave, and I could not begin to imagine that sort of pain. Personally, the more graphic pics did not bother me but if they did, I would to remind myself that this is a grieving mother.

Apparently, some of her "friends" felt it was offensive and reported the pictures. Allow a woman to grieve the loss of a child and move on. Meanwhile, I had a friend who always posted pics of girl's with large asses.

Archived