IGNORED

Another loving couple with ungrateful adopted children

longskirtlotsakids

This is just sick beyond words. I don;t know how this couple managed to adopt four children with no follow-up. What. The.Hell.

The Town of Bloomfield Police Department was notified Aug. 3 by the Walworth County Department of Health and Social Services that children adopted by the O’Briens were reporting abuse by their parents. Four of the six adopted children are siblings from the former Soviet Union.

The six adopted children range in age from 9 to 17. The couple have two biological sons.

The 17-count criminal complaint details different instances and types of abuse that it alleges occurred in the couple’s home at N2128 Clover Road. The couple, either independently or together, are accused of:

-- Stripping the children naked as part of punishment.

-- Dragging the children by their arms while the children were naked.

-- Kicking the children in the groin.

-- Spraying the children in the face and on the neck and chest with pepper spray.

-- Bending a child’s arm into a “compliance-type†arm bar.

-- Hitting the children with a stick.

-- Slapping the children in the face.

-- Stabbing one child in the hand with a knife.

-- Grabbing children by the throat and lifting them off the ground.

-- Striking children in the groin with a knee.

-- Picking one child off the floor by an ear causing the ear to tear and bleed.

-- Striking children with a ruler.

-- Placing one child in a “bin†while Martin O’Brien struck the outside of the bin with a log.

-- Striking one child in the chest with a flashlight

-- Forcing the adopted children to eat frozen loaves of bread off the floor before bedtime while the biological children watched.

-- Forcing the children to stand naked in the snow three to four times a year.

-- Locking the children in a bedroom for four to five days at a time.

-- Beating the children with a belt.

-- Choking one child because of a prayer he said.

The complaints indicate that the incidents occurred between Jan. 1, 2004, and Dec. 31, 2011. The children reported the abuse Aug. 3, 2011. The complaint does not say where the children are now.

Those poor babies have been enduring this for 7 years? That means the 9 year old has been abused since was two.

Those Evil, evil motherfuckers. I wasn't going to post this due to its lack of religious ties, but then I saw the last post about the prayer. Also, I googled thses people and their hometown and saw the man's name on a couple of community church service projects. I wasn't able to find the church or religion though.

I really, really wonder if some of these fucknuts are "encouraged" by these smiley unicorn rainbow shit websites about these fundie families with adopted children and do it to be cool...

http://gazettextra.com/news/2012/may/19 ... per-spray/

I hope all their children are in good, loving homes now and getting the support and therapy they'll need. And I mean real loving and good homes, who actually care about the children and want to help them, not doing it to "save" the child from "evil, pagan" culture or to pat themselves on the back for doing a "good deed" for God.

:evil: :angry-cussing: :angry-cussingblack: :angry-screaming: :angry-fire: :angry-steamingears: there aren't enough angry symbols on here to describe how sick and awful this couple is or how sickened I am to hear what they did to those poor children.

This is disgusting, and it also happened not far from where I live. I haven't seen anything about this on the TV news. I wonder why.

Yet diabetes can get someone barred from adopting.

How are the evil ones adopting so easily while good people are turned down for minor medical issues? (Minor as in the issue isn't likely to affect someone's parenting ability.)

They say that, Christina Crawford's life story notwithstanding, parents rarely adopt just to torture their kids.

Sometimes, if you read mostly bad news (which is MOST news) you can really doubt that.

I probably cant adopt necause im diabetic but these people could and hurt thos babies wt fignuten. I want to set them on fire. Not only do these kids going to have years of therpy but what about the biological kids...? But Im glad where I live the news have a charitu that advocates adoption of fosyer kids and they do stories and adoption follow up..happy endingd.

They say that, Christina Crawford's life story notwithstanding, parents rarely adopt just to torture their kids.

I know we didn't. To me child abuse is child abuse, whether perpetrated by biological parents, foster parents, adoptive parents or just random adults in the child's life. If these allegations are true, one wonders what the ramifications will be for the state social service agency tasked with determining the couple's fitness to adopt. I know we were examined, re-examined, counseled, investigated and pretty much gone over with a freaking magnifying glass before our social worker gave us the thumbs-up. Which, I hasten to add, is as it should be. Can people really hide so much psychopathy that a competent social worker can't find it? Or are the social workers not competent, or so over-worked that they miss stuff, or subject to bribery by aspiring adopters, or what?

OTOH, at least with adoptions, kids have a fighting chance of having an advocate on their side to keep them away from crazed parents.

Can people really hide so much psychopathy that a competent social worker can't find it? Or are the social workers not competent, or so over-worked that they miss stuff, or subject to bribery by aspiring adopters, or what?
They probably started off looking like the perfect Christian family, at least to the (I'm assuming Christian) agency they used. Then they adopted kids with problems they had no tools to address and because of their mindset, never thought to ask for outside help. Parents get increasingly frustrated and therefore increasingly abusive until it really doesn't matter what their original motivations were. Now they're just out to vent their frustrations on people that can't fight back.

It's astounding how few tools fundy parents have and how few they think they need.

Sickening. My children are adopted from the former Soviet Union, too. It takes years and years of therapy sometimes to overcome past abuse and build trust. This couple obviously made no effort what-so-ever to find the necessary help for their children. It is UNBELIEVABLY hard to parent some for institutionalized children (I know this first hand) but violence will not build trust.

I feel, too, for their birth children who had to watch this. What a skewed perception of "love" they must also have.

Just sickening.

One more thought. The kids got no choice in who adopted them. The couple are not owed any gratitude even if they are Disney World parents. These kids would have received the same, possibly even better, treatment in the worst god-forsaken, government-forgotten orphanage.

Archived