IGNORED

Fans are so odd....

Fundilicious

I was reading the latest Bates blog post (boring BTW) and one of the commenters went on some spiel on how they are "connected" through friends (you know because Kelly will be impressed by this), but then they ended the comment giving out their full address and phone number.....on the open internet. :angry-banghead: Are people idiots? I know why the girl did it. She is hoping Ma Bates will be so impressed by their connection together that she will call and they will become BFF's. I just can't imagine someone would post personal information like that on a public blog.

So who wants to pretend to be Kelly Bates and call this lady? (totally kidding...though it would be funny)

Why do people publish their info online? Spammers behold!

LOL that would be bad :D

Noooo, my countenance lol!

Some people are idiots about stuff like that. I've seen it happen on different sites and forums. Some of my friends had the habit the posting their phone numbers on their MySpace page years ago. I always thought it was a bit weird that the Duggars had their phone number posted on their site.

I have noticed that lately Josh and Anna don't respond to some of their IG followers. On Anna's IG, there have been a few people asking her if the Duggars are ever going to visit the areas they live in. Anna never responds to them. I get the feeling the Duggars are a bit cautious when communicating with fans.

Some people are naive, and others maybe don't care. It's pretty easy to trace names/emails, and sometimes even screen names to addresses and phone numbers these days if you really want to, so people might figure it's not a huge deal if it's public info already. Realistically though, you're more at risk from the local crazies who already know you than the far-away internet crazies.

Not saying it's a bright move at all, but I had my name, address, phone numbers, place of work, pics of our vehicles, family member's name, and tons of a personal info posted only by somebody trying to get people to target me and my family for violence or harassment. It stayed up for at least 3 years and I never had any problems from it. OTOH, a guy my husband knew went nuts and tried to kill me.

They have nothing to worry about it. They are Jesus' speshul snowflakes, and no harm will ever come to them. :rolleyes

The Duggars had their phone number listed on their website...I'm curious if it was their actual phone number connected to their house, or more like a business message phone. Either way, I'm sure the had many crazies calling them.

BTW- I don't think Josh and Anna don't respond to their fans because they are being cautious, I think it's because they really and truly don't give two F's about their "fans".

The Duggars old number is no longer listed. Now its a fax line listed (or the Duggars have dialup lol). Before however, it did go to the house... that same number now goes to Jim Bob's cell phone... or he's just arrogant enough that he can be the only one whos name is on the family voicemail.

@mariolatry, I honestly couldn't tell for a minute or two if your icon was an exaggerated picture of Smuggar or if that is what he really looks like now...

Put down the chickenetti soaked fork, Smugs.

The Duggars old number is no longer listed. Now its a fax line listed (or the Duggars have dialup lol). Before however, it did go to the house... that same number now goes to Jim Bob's cell phone... or he's just arrogant enough that he can be the only one whos name is on the family voicemail.

WTF? You send people into turmoils because they care about your supposed situation and now you are posting on threads ignoring their concerns? Go fuck yourself FMJ.

@mariolatry, I honestly couldn't tell for a minute or two if your icon was an exaggerated picture of Smuggar or if that is what he really looks like now...

Thank you, that makes me happy. :dance:

Archived