IGNORED

My strange addiction

BlondeAgent007

Im suprised some of these people are still alive and havent melted their insides or anything

Not just their insides, I'm amazed the woman who huffed gasoline managed not to set herself on fire from the fumes.

I watched one episode where a woman was obsessed with getting bigger and bigger breast implants. She was up to something like an L cup? It looked like two basketballs shoved under her shirt. I think the other half of that episode was a 20-something girl who kept eating Scotch tape.

The people who eat the odd things (foam, cig ashes, comet, etc) suffer from a condition known as Pica. Its a condition where you are compelled for whatever reason to eat non edible things. Pregnant women will often suffer from it during their pregnancy, but then it fades after they deliver. Some people have it pretty much permanently, while some have issues with it when they are dealing with an emotional or stressful situation. I have never struggled with it enough for it to be considered an issue (I dont eat my bra!!) but I do have strange urges to at least taste non food items much in the way a small child might when its still developing its sensory skills. It tends to show up when Im having issues with my anxiety or am in a manic mood. I can suppress them for the most part, but the curiosity of the issue made me want to research it.

For the most part it is considered a way of the body trying to gain nutrients such as iron or other minerals, like the way animals lick rocks for salt. I do have anemic tendencies, so I think this may be my main reason although it is also tied to some mental disorders (I am bipolar).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pica_(disorder)

• 4 months later...

anyone see the episode with the coffee enema couple? They were convinced that there was nothing wrong with coffee enemas, even though they were inserting 32 ounces 4 times a day. "Drinking caffiene damages your body, but putting it through the colon REJUVINATES your organs." Right, crazy train. They fight over who gets the first coffee enema of the day. They spend 5 hours a day preparing and giving themselves enemas. It was extremely bizarre.

I watched quite a few of those. I remember one with a young lady who carried teddy bears around like they were babies, cuddling them and pushing them in prams etc. I felt really sad for her because she clearly desperately wanted a child.

Then there was an episode with a woman who had to sleep with a hair dryer on. I can understand that, I'm extremely sensitive to sound and even went through periods of sleeping with a fan on. But a hair dryer...that seems much more dangerous. Especially when she said she had been burnt before. She was one of the ones that managed to break her addiction I believe.

ooh and the girls addicted to sun beds...there's been more than one of those, right? She was having two a day, and had to go to five different tanning salons because they'll only let you have a certain amount a week? How she didn't have skin cancer is a mystery to me.

I watched the woman obsessed with death one last night, which was so incredibly creepy with her rehearsing and planning her funeral (she was only about 50 as well and healthy, so not like shes going to die any time soon).

There was also one with a woman addicted to taking laxatives (I feel sorry for her asshole), and a woman who ate pottery (I feel even sorrier for her asshole)

I thought the one I saw a while ago with the woman addicted to collecting dead animals reminded me a bit of the Naked Roast Sitter.

There was also one with a woman addicted to taking laxatives (I feel sorry for her asshole), and a woman who ate pottery (I feel even sorrier for her asshole)

I thought the one I saw a while ago with the woman addicted to collecting dead animals reminded me a bit of the Naked Roast Sitter.

:laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling:

The adult baby, Riley, had some real issues. Among them, the 24 hr diaper thing was weird. I can still hear her talking about how she loves the feeling of a warm, wet diaper. Dressing up like a baby, playing with toys, okay, sure, whatever you like. Enjoying peeing in a diaper screams wrong to me. It's like totally against human and animal nature to enjoy soiling yourself.

She also seemed like she was just TOTALLY confused. She was a MtF transgender, who also likes to be a baby? I feel like both of these things together make the whole situation even weirder. (I DON'T think trans people are weird, just combined with the baby thing makes it hella weird).

I've met Riley when she was doing some freelance videography at an event I worked, and I can attest that she is a well adjusted and perfectly personable lady. If her brain quirked on something as a kid and made her feel that way, that's just how she is. Brains are tricky beasts like that, and it's not like she's hurting anyone.

I will admit to worrying about, well, any of the ones addicted to eating/drinking dangerous things. Riley's only getting adverse effects in the finances (talk about an expensive hobby, especially when you realize it probably wasn't a conscious choice). The Comet/gasoline/dryer sheet eater, they're risking their health/life.

I'm sure all of these people are nice people. They've just usually had something terrible happen to them and this has been a coping mechanism.

That being said, I'm currently watching the episode where the lady stings herself with bees.

Archived