IGNORED

My strange addiction

BlondeAgent007

Has anyone else caught this show? Some are almost funny, some sound really dangerous, and some are just downright gross. I just tried to watch one on a woman who drank all of the urine she's produced for four years. It was so disgusting I had to turn it off, it was making me sick. Most are available on youtube. I would like to know what other people's favorite episodes are.

Ones I have seen include: a lady eating toilet paper, a lady eating nail polish, a lady eating cornstarch and a lady blowdrying herself to sleep. That show is a boatload of crazy. Though, I always feel refreshingly normal by comparison.

I have seen a few episodes and the least crazy one I've seen so far was a woman who was treating her teddy bears as children. That woman's behavior was very bizarre and a lot of it had to do with the fact that she couldn't have kids. I found her to be less crazy because she wasn't harming herself physically. The people who are addicted to eating toliet paper, nail polish, plastics and sniffing gas freaked me out more for some reason.

The couch cushion lady blew my mind. She had eaten the equivalent of 11 couches when they began filming. I can't remember if it was the same episode or an update, but she eventually moved on to eating the cups out of her bras. The image of someone snacking on their own bra got me to laugh out loud.

I thought the girl addicted to being a "furry" (Dressing up in mascot-like costumes) was interesting. She seemed to have confidence issues, and was able to play a character when she was all dressed up. This reminds me a bit of teddybear woman.

The girl who ate chalk was all sorts of weird. Truly, she would try anything that smelled good to her. She ate a lot of things, some of which I remember was chalk, dirt, laundry detergent, and the slime from the side of her pool. She had actually never read the back of the detergent bottle and had no idea drinking it could kill her. She said to the camera crew, "oh, now I feel a little bit silly..." Um, yeah.

How about the one with the girl who drank gasoline? *SHUDDERS* I honestly don't know how that hadn't killed her long before TLC tracked her down! Or the one who was basically huffing PineSol. I don't like the smell of that stuff, so I just found that one gross! And the extremes she was going to to smell it (Soaking surgical masks in it, vaporizing it with the shower & bathroom sink, etc.)...Just weird. :P

One episode had a guy who liked to dress and be treated like a toddler. He even went to a seamstress to have a custom onsie made. Egads!

THe blow drying lady was weird to me. I'd worry about burning down my house or at least setting the mattress on fire.

Also, the lady who ate potting soil/dirt. Her boyfriend was worried that they would get fired from managing an apartment complex.

One episode had a guy who liked to dress and be treated like a toddler. He even went to a seamstress to have a custom onsie made. Egads!

YES! Her name is Riley and she lives in one of the towns near me. She actually wear diapers 24/7, says she loves the feeling of a warm diaper.

It was a really interesting episode, here's a link to the episode on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SN_PNlXY67U

The episode with the woman huffing gasoline and the man having sex with his car weirded me out.

THe blow drying lady was weird to me. I'd worry about burning down my house or at least setting the mattress on fire.

Also, the lady who ate potting soil/dirt. Her boyfriend was worried that they would get fired from managing an apartment complex.

That's probably the least strange one to me. (safety issues aside.) I can't fall asleep without a fan on, she probably just needs the white noise.

The episode with the woman huffing gasoline and the man having sex with his car weirded me out.

:scared-eek:

The bleach lady... and the one who ate her dead husband's ashes.... O_O

Oh I forgot about the woman with her husband's ashes! That one made me really sad.

I second the man in an 'emotional, and intimate' relationship with his car as a highlight (lowlight?) of the episodes, together with the urine drinker *uuugggghhhh*.

It was good to see the addicted-to-tanning girl completely turn around when they revisited her on a catch-up show. She gave up tanning and looked back at her photos of herself super-tanned and understood that it looked ridiculous.

Also the sex doll guy was creepy.

The urine drinker didn't just drink it... she put it in her baths, used it as a toothpaste, an eyewash, and a skin moisturizer. She really believed it was making her strong enough to fight her cancer without medicine. I felt really sorry for her but I had to turn it off because it was making me sick, watching her slug urine like beer.

• 4 months later...

I used to marathon this show on youtube. While most made me really sad,I think a lot of it was fake. Or greatly exaggerated at least. Especially the visits to the doctor. I felt the same way about the other show. Strange Eater,I think it was called. TLC is so exploitive that they take real issues,and greatly exaggerate them. Its like the reality shows that provide cast members with alcohol when they're trying to recover,a la Dr Drew's rehab shows.

I've seen a bunch of episodes on Youtube. Most weird me out, but some make me gag (like the drinking urine lady) Some, like the guy obsessed with "real dolls" or the person who likes to dress like a baby, actually seem fairly normal. At least, compared to the others.

I usually watch this show when they are put on as a marathons. I remember the teenage girl who ate plastic stuff like CD cases. Was the woman who ate her husband's ashes also the same woman who was addicting collecting death related stuff?

I've only watched a handful of these episodes, but the one I remember the most was a lady who used to eat Ajax (Comet?). I can't remember how long she'd been doing that, but I'm surprised that: 1) it hadn't killed her or made her extremely sick, and 2) her family knew nothing about her habit!! I wonder if people are really good at hiding these weird addictions, or if their family/friends are just in denial about it.

I've seen a bunch of episodes on Youtube. Most weird me out, but some make me gag (like the drinking urine lady) Some, like the guy obsessed with "real dolls" or the person who likes to dress like a baby, actually seem fairly normal. At least, compared to the others.

The adult baby, Riley, had some real issues. Among them, the 24 hr diaper thing was weird. I can still hear her talking about how she loves the feeling of a warm, wet diaper. Dressing up like a baby, playing with toys, okay, sure, whatever you like. Enjoying peeing in a diaper screams wrong to me. It's like totally against human and animal nature to enjoy soiling yourself.

She also seemed like she was just TOTALLY confused. She was a MtF transgender, who also likes to be a baby? I feel like both of these things together make the whole situation even weirder. (I DON'T think trans people are weird, just combined with the baby thing makes it hella weird).

I've only watched a handful of these episodes, but the one I remember the most was a lady who used to eat Ajax (Comet?). I can't remember how long she'd been doing that, but I'm surprised that: 1) it hadn't killed her or made her extremely sick, and 2) her family knew nothing about her habit!! I wonder if people are really good at hiding these weird addictions, or if their family/friends are just in denial about it.

Not yet, but she virtually wore away all her top natural teeth and most of her bottom ones. The lack of consequences to her insides may not be apparent, but it still shows physically. She had no teeth. She didn't look healthy either.

• 2 weeks later...

I used to post on a forum with "Davecat" (the Realdoll guy) years ago. He's actually very sweet, and had a pretty decent sense of humor about it all. I wish him the best.

`I honestly didn't find Davecat to be all that weird. I mean, I do think its kind of strange, but he seemed surprisingly normal. I think its the way in which he presents it. He isn't ashamed at all. Everyone he knows is aware of his dolls, and he is good at explaining himself.

I'll sometimes watch the show if it's on.

I remember that one. I felt bad for her and at the same time wondered how she could still be alive after eating that much Comet considering how abrasive it is.

Archived