IGNORED

God made a sunset for Miss Raquel

formergothardite

Silly girl! Of course the sunset was not for her - it was actually designed especially for me by God. Oh and by the way God also told me that gravity was specifically created to help keep MY feet on the ground. However because I am just so sweet and special I will allow you all to enjoy my sunsets, my earth and my own personal universe. You're welcome.

I agree if she was Catholic she would saying that stuff. We would also get posts about her making "cool rosaries" and going to Catholic youth rally.

Nah. No way could she ever be Catholic. Remember, this is the chick who loves "Ave Maria" but wishes it weren't about Mary. :roll:

Reminds me, I haven't written my LJ post about the movie and my daughter's entry into the world of fandom...

I was sometimes confused as to whether he was a good guy or not. (about Nick Fury)

Yes, because heaven forbid there be dilemmas about people doing what they think is for the best. I would sum him up as "badass but shady", or as he says - they made him desperate, and might not be glad they did.

Okay, I will be honest here. I was a little worried that they were gonna try making Black Widow pull off a sexy look and attitude. I was just waiting for a bad scene to come on with her and one of the guys.

I was SOOO happy to report that there wasn't anything 'bad' with her.

I'm sure Raquel's "bro" was so worried about that too... although I'm not sure why she thinks Black Widow wasn't pulling off a sexy attitude.

only caught two bad words (I'm not one to really notice them all that much :/).

There is one part that Captain America says something that...well...I won't say what, but something good and funny. And...anyway, he's just the best. ::clears throat::

What does she consider a bad word? Because I can't remember any at all.

I'm going to guess she's referring to the Captain's comment on Thor here.

Does anybody think she could possibly have a mental disorder? Like, for real? I'm not an expert but her narcissism level and hearing voices don't sound normal...

No, I don't think she has a mental disorder. She is simply a sheltered teen who has no experience of real life and who is misunderstanding her own importance in the world. She's also immature.

She'll grow up one day, probably when she gets slapped in the face by the wake up call.

No, I don't think she has a mental disorder. She is simply a sheltered teen who has no experience of real life and who is misunderstanding her own importance in the world. She's also immature.

She'll grow up one day, probably when she gets slapped in the face by the wake up call.

This.

On her FB page someone told her she could be "God's movie critic."

On her FB page someone told her she could be "God's movie critic."

:laughing-rollingyellow: I really hope God has better taste than that.

Nah. No way could she every be Catholic. Remember, this is the chick who loves "Ave Maria" but wishes it weren't about Mary. :roll:

Read this and lost it at my desk...nearly snorted yogurt. On the actual topic, I hope my children aren't self-centered snot bags when they're her age. But then, I'm putting them in a secular, independent private school. They might actually become serial killers or something similar.

I just read her review of the Avengers. It was almost endearing. She's so obviously homeschooled - she evaluates every character based on whether they're good or bad. Not well written or well acted, but morally good or bad. She even has trouble dealing with how she liked Hiddleston in War Horse, and now he's a Bad Guy so she has to dislike him again.

Yeah, but her "good guy" or "bad guy" judgments are themselves really shallow.

And I still can't get over how she thought Effie in the Hunger Games was a "good guy." :doh:

Read this and lost it at my desk...nearly snorted yogurt. On the actual topic, I hope my children aren't self-centered snot bags when they're her age. But then, I'm putting them in a secular, independent private school. They might actually become serial killers or something similar.

I have to stop reading FJ at work. People think I'm crazy when I start spewing food at the computer screen because I'm laughing so hard.

Right now she is wanting some new questions to ask all the guys she knows. Any Free Jingerians have any good suggestions?

Yeah, but her "good guy" or "bad guy" judgments are themselves really shallow.

And I still can't get over how she thought Effie in the Hunger Games was a "good guy." :doh:

Well, like you said she has shallow "good guy"/"bad guy" judgements, and IMO Effie doesn't fall neatly into either category. I've only read the first Hunger Games book so far (why are there so many people on the waitlist at the library? Why?!), but my impression is that people like Effie aren't inherently *bad* people. I read her endorsement of the Hunger Games as a commentary on how people's morals and values are sculpted by the society in which they live. IRL, she'd probably be one of those vapid people for whom Big Brother is the highlight of the week, but generally harmless. IOW, she's a morally grey character, but comprehending such a character is something that seems to be beyond Miss Raquel's grasp, so she's got to stick them into either "good" or "bad". Because she likes Effie, Effie must be "good".

I'm also amused that MR seems to be one of those "they changed it now it sucks" fans. The film is *very* loyal to the book (probably because the author, Suzanne Collins, was a co-writer and co-producer), but she still complains about two separate scenes that are different from the book. I'm pretty sure the change in one scene is entirely for practicality purposes: the scene works just as well as part of a major storyline rather than adding in a new character for two tiny scenes. Sure, it was poignant as it stood in the book, but I get why they wouldn't want to cast someone for such a tiny role when they don't have to.

Right now she is wanting some new questions to ask all the guys she knows. Any Free Jingerians have any good suggestions?

"Are you a good guy or a bad guy?"

I left a comment with the dictionary definition of hue.

Nothing else except spell check is your friend.

I notice she--quelle surprise!--deleted it.

[grammar nerd] "Hew" is a real word, but it doesn't mean what she thinks it means. [/grammar nerd}

*skulks off*

Archived