IGNORED

God made a sunset for Miss Raquel

formergothardite

Miss Raquel, my most favorite shallow, self-absorbed fundie blogger made a deep post. Or at least she tried to make a deep post, but it is hard since she is so focused on herself.

Apparently she has been feeling down because her friend died. The same friend whose death inspired her to write all about herself and the ways she hoped to die. Some other things happened, and due to the fact that the entire world revolves around her, she felt like she was holding all the weight on her shoulders.

She went for a walk(with her horse who she ignored and left alone to most likely eat poison plants)climbed a hill, got to some blackberry bushes and then climbed a hunting stand.

Suddenly, she felt like she couldn't breath. Personally, if I suddenly couldn't breathe I would be worried, but I'm also not God's special snowflake.

She couldn't breath because she felt like she heard God's voice telling her that the sunset was just for her.

And then she goes into what sounds like a really bad novel:

My eyes welled up with unbidden tears and my breath started coming in short gasps.

And then I think God manifested a poem and some other stuff to her?

Maybe God had manifested it to me during one of my quiet times with Him.

Just for you, I painted that sky.

Just for you, I spoke.

The colors came together in a magnificent hew

Just for you, they glowed.

All I can think is that one day she is do going to look back and be humiliated at what she wrote. Or at least I hope so.

http://god-sdaughter.blogspot.com/

Half the time I have to tell myself her whole blog is just a brilliant parody....otherwise I'd be too tempted to hunt her down and smack some sense into her.

So the other 7 billion ppl would have had no sunset that night if it weren't for Miss Raquel? (or maybe it would have been an ugly one.) Bless her heart.

Orange, pink, red, so bright

Beauty that comes before the night

The sky is like an endless prism

All for me in my narcissism!

also? it's HUE.

:lol: At least she didn't write "glew".

also? it's HUE.

God does not make mistakes! If he manifested it as hew, then it is hew!!!!

What I think really happened: Raquel was chatting with the Anonymous Antagonist and being her normal, whiny, self-abosorbed self. He told her taking a walk would make her feel better because he was trying to think of a way to get out of the conversation.

She lets her horse out, he runs away from her, she sulks, stomps up a hill, gets tangled in some blackberry bushes, realizes she can't find her horse, climbs the tree stand to find him, sees the sunset and makes all the other stuff up. She feels better because she is just sure everyone is going to think she is just so in touch with God.

Eventually the horse comes home.

That post was pretty annoying like most of her posts. I've always been annoyed with her blog title as God's Daughter. I remember several years ago, a Christian friend of mine used to tell me how she get annoyed with people in her college campus ministry group referring to themselves as the King's daughters and sons. It just rubbed her the wrong way.

I saw Miss Raquel's post on babysitting. I wonder if it is a paying gig. Maybe she is saving up to buy Alfonzo that expensive camera lens.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Is Miss Rachel a friend of Lady Lydia?

I guess we can be grateful that Miss Raquel isn't Catholic, otherwise we'd be suffering posts on her stigmata and apparitions of the Blessed Virgin Mary.

Why is it so hard to believe that God made the sunset for everyone to enjoy?

Oh, wait. I forgot. God has Favorites.

Oh wow, God gave her a horse AND made her a sunset? All she's missing is a Christmas ham!

I'm so pleased god made a special sunset just for her but allowed an untold number of children to die through starvation and disease at the same time. Perhaps he was too busy making that sunset for Raquel to notice.

I guess we can be grateful that Miss Raquel isn't Catholic, otherwise we'd be suffering posts on her stigmata and apparitions of the Blessed Virgin Mary.

I agree if she was Catholic she would saying that stuff. We would also get posts about her making "cool rosaries" and going to Catholic youth rally.

You know, for someone who claims to be all about God, Raquel is one of the most solipsistic little navel-gazers I have ever encountered.

I read that and was like, I hope God can spell better than that.

Excellent poem. You need to comment and say God told you that poem was just for her :D

Just for you, I painted that sky.

Just for you, I spoke.

The colors came together in a magnificent hew

Just for you, they glowed.

Doesn't even come close to Psalms, Proverbs, or hell, Lord Byron. I guess as God became less of a jerkass after the Old Testament, he also became a shitty poet.

I read that and was like, I hope God can spell better than that.

Excellent poem. You need to comment and say God told you that poem was just for her :D

Haha. Thanks, I don't have an account to post with and her comments are moderated. If someone has a fake account and would like to post, be my guest. There's always the chance she doesn't know what narcissism means.

ETA: I iz a Frumper Lover. Oh, happy day! :banana-stoner: :banana-tux: :banana-wrench: :banana-guitar: :banana-rainbow:

I second the idea that her blog is surely some type of inspired parody!

I think it's too awful to be fake...and that post about her friend dying was really, really awful!

I left a comment with the dictionary definition of hue.

Nothing else except spell check is your friend.

One of the comments on there:

This is just perfect, Raquel. I feel like God has used the death of Josh to touch a lot of people. I know it has affected me in a lot of ways. And even the little things too. The little things that just make your day - God is sending them TO make your day. Just for you.

It must be such a comfort to know that god felt Josh had to die so that Raquel could have her sunset.

it's Christians like this that give the somewhat more normal (mainstream, not fundie or fundie-lite) a bad name. Not that we don't sometimes do it to ourselves. but really. hew?!?! it's almost like the girl fancies herself some Anne of Green Gables. she probably goes around her day composing these rousing blog posts in her head, sort of narration on her exciting existence.

I just read her review of the Avengers. It was almost endearing. She's so obviously homeschooled - she evaluates every character based on whether they're good or bad. Not well written or well acted, but morally good or bad. She even has trouble dealing with how she liked Hiddleston in War Horse, and now he's a Bad Guy so she has to dislike him again.

I just read her review of the Avengers. It was almost endearing. She's so obviously homeschooled - she evaluates every character based on whether they're good or bad. Not well written or well acted, but morally good or bad. She even has trouble dealing with how she liked Hiddleston in War Horse, and now he's a Bad Guy so she has to dislike him again.

I read that review last night. I showed it to my boyfriend and he laughed. Lately, we have been laughing at her reviews for different reasons. Miss Raquel is weird when it comes to reviewing movies. Her evaluation of the characters isn't needed at times. I also have laughed at some of her past reviews in which she tries to relate or says a character is like her. I know other people who are like her, they tend to only care if characters are good or bad. The writing and the acting doesn't matter to them. MR's review of The Hunger Games was a bit weird because she view Effie as a whimsical cutsie type character. Miss Raquel is somewhat limited in the movies that she is allowed. I can't see her liking or even understanding a movie like Watchmen in which the superheroes who are morally grey at times.

Archived