IGNORED

Have we discussed A Writing Maiden before?

dairyfreelife

I came across this young woman who called herself Cari.

awritingmaiden.blogspot.com

It is restricting to always be trying to act less than feminine. It hinders our natural desires to be motherly and nurturing to our families.

If you go around, falling in love with boys, you are allowing yourself to fall in love with another young lady's man.

This one made me laugh:

The way we treat our siblings will be the way we treat our spouse and children.

When a man apologized for using curse words around her, she tries to wonder why. I think her "he didn't mean to offend me and was apologizing for that" is most likely, but she has other theories including:

I do also wonder if it had anything to do with the book I was reading, "Joyfully at Home" by Jasmine Bauchum,

I'm sure that was it.

Not to mention how fearful she is that she might accidentally be exposed to something that is bad and/or inappropriate...

Many snickers at "As for me and my blog, we will serve the Lord".

talking to me over and over again about courtship and marriage, even if I keep bringing up the same thing

I wonder if she may have her doubts?

Thanks for sharing :)

When I was about 19, I was on a bus in Chicago sitting next to a very drunk sailor. On his finger was a big, gaudy silver ring. Curious, I asked him about the ring

Sailor: funny, goddamn story about how I got this ring

Me: okay. how'd you get it

Sailor: I got this fucking ring...oh no, I'm not supposed to cuss in front of a lady

Me:don't worry about it. How'd you get the ring

Sailor: The story is fucking hilarious. See I have this fucking friend. Oh damn it, I did it again. I'm not supposed to cuss in front of a lady

Me: I don't mind.

Sailor: You wanted to know the mother fucking story and I'll tell you. Holy fuck, I did it again

Me: Really cursing doesn't bother me.

Sailor: no, you asked about the goddamn story and I should be able to tell it without fucking it up. Not supposed to fucking cuss in front of a lady and god damn it, you're a lady. Oh fuck

Luckily for me, he passed out a few minutes later. Maybe if I had been holding the book by Jasmine Bauchum, it would have helped the sailor get through the fucking story. :lol:

edited for riffles

I love this . . .

Please Notice

Please do not click on "Next Blog" on the navbar above as it can lead to blogs that are inappropriate, unprofitable and not God-honoring. Thank you.

Thank goodness she warned me!

I love this . . .

Please Notice

Please do not click on "Next Blog" on the navbar above as it can lead to blogs that are inappropriate, unprofitable and not God-honoring. Thank you.

"unprofitable"? :?

I love this . . .

Please Notice

Lol I did just that and was taken to the blog of an erotic romance writer and I have to say I enjoyed that blog a whole lot more :D

http://awritingmaiden.blogspot.com/2011 ... t-and.html

Quote: However, I was of course, during my 'school years', getting exposure to others (yes, including peers), esp. at church. Any other peers, like those I saw at the store, were not necessarily people I need to have rubbing off on me.

What a lovely, Christian attitude.

Dear Mommy? How old is this chick?

She was 17 as of 8/2010, so she's either 19 or almost 19.

Yeah, so if she's never set foot inside a public school, how does she know all this stuff about public schools? Oh YEAH, she doesn't. She also doesn't know a damn thing about science, I'm sure, since she has been taught only from a Biblical standpoint, which is true, because her parents said so. And the Bible said so. Nevermind those silly scientists with their worthless degrees.

WTF. The stupid. IT BURNS.

Anyone else check out her creative writing? THIS WORK IS COPYWRITED. Yeah, kid, don't worry. How many times can she say "Dr. Nautica" in one paragraph?

Yeah and her writing sucks like a $2 whore.

Anyone else check out her creative writing? THIS WORK IS COPYWRITED. Yeah, kid, don't worry. How many times can she say "Dr. Nautica" in one paragraph?

The second part was better than the first, but I only saw her say Dr. Nautica twice in a paragraph at most and most of those weren't necessary and should have been replaced with the pronoun he. Once upon a time and then a biography. That's not necessary. What's important about Dr. Nautica and his current life. His parents and birthdate are unimportant unless they truly matter to the story. I wonder how many books she's read. For some reason, I really doubt she's read well read and that likely contributes to her awkward writing style.

Yeah and her writing sucks like a $2 whore.

Thanks for the hours old coffee up my nose.

I must be broken. For all the motherly and nurturing qualities I posses, I find it exceptionally easy to act less than feminine. In fact, I can act down right masculine by their standards without even realizing it sometimes.

Also, I highly doubt my brothers stand behind their spouses and put their hair out one by one the way they did to me...

She must have some writing ability, she won the NaNoWriMo competition two different years. I hope to enter this year, I have no expectation of winning.

Edited to add: She likes #2 Ticonderoga pencils. A girl after my own heart! Yes, I love #2 Ticonderoga pencils, it kills me to have to use anything else. I know, very weird. I also use only black inked pens, preferably with pigma ink.

She must have some writing ability, she won the NaNoWriMo competition two different years. I hope to enter this year, I have no expectation of winning.

Edited to add: She likes #2 Ticonderoga pencils. A girl after my own heart! Yes, I love #2 Ticonderoga pencils, it kills me to have to use anything else. I know, very weird. I also use only black inked pens, preferably with pigma ink.

To "win" NaNoWriMo, you only need to write 50,000 words. Any 50,000 words. I could write "I hate everyone around me" 10,000 times and win.

To "win" NaNoWriMo, you only need to write 50,000 words. Any 50,000 words. I could write "I hate everyone around me" 10,000 times and win.

Damn, are you joking me? I thought winning it meant something more. :evil: Well, I'm still doing it in November. Thanks for bursting my bubble. ;)

Damn, are you joking me? I thought winning it meant something more. :evil: Well, I'm still doing it in November. Thanks for bursting my bubble. ;)

I didn't mean to crush your writing dreams! NaNoWriMo is tough. It's hard to write 1,677 words per day for an entire month; my creativity doesn't flow that quickly.

No, according to the rules you can't do that. :geek:

No, but "winning" NaNo doesn't have anything to do with the quality of your work being judged. It's more like "completing" or "surviving" - I always want to do it but November is a hard month for that. And then it's Yuletide!

I didn't mean to crush your writing dreams! NaNoWriMo is tough. It's hard to write 1,677 words per day for an entire month; my creativity doesn't flow that quickly.

It's designed to get people writing. A lot of times authors have a problem finishing what they start because they get stuck on "this isn't good/I need to edit to move forward." NaNoWriMo encourages people to move past that hurdle and write without worrying about the quality of their initial writing.

No, but "winning" NaNo doesn't have anything to do with the quality of your work being judged. It's more like "completing" or "surviving" - I always want to do it but November is a hard month for that. And then it's Yuletide!

I wondered about November too. Thanksgiving, holiday shopping, hunting season all compete with writing time. I would think Feb or March would be better months. I'm going to try it this year and since the quality doesn't matter it will just be for the challenge. I read it has to be a novel, I have an idea for a story about the time period in which my great grandparents lived. I've also thought about my paternal grandmother's experience of losing several children to diseases that today are preventable. Either novel would have to be fictitious since all I have are names with dobs and dods.

Archived