IGNORED

Morning with Glenys: Behind Every Good Man...

dairyfreelife

Umbrella Lady Glenys has a new post about how every good man has a good woman. I think she misses the idea behind that phrase. I always understood it to mean that no successful man could be where he is without a woman's help proving how important women are. Not that I like that the phrase, but Glenys interrupts it very differently, which means divorce happens because a man has to cook dinner for himself and child and iron his own shirts.

Let us take care to be good wives to our husbands, and remember that we need to respect them as well as love them. Their life is to a great degree in our hands. Let's make sure it is a good life as we stand behind our man!

morningcuppas.blogspot.com.au/2012/05/behind-every-good-man.html

The story she posted was interesting;

I have recently seen this in the life of a family members' boss. He has been struggling at work and losing his temper with his staff. He has become disliked as not only is he rude to the employees, but he lacks authority and will not use it when needed. He is markedly disrespected... but from behind closed doors, of course.

This boss has recently opened up a little to my family member who has often worked back to balance the till and other things of the day that must be done before the doors can be closed...

Apparently, he is having problems both in his marriage and at home. He recently bought his wife a new car and she has been gallivanting around in it visiting friends and leaving the home in a shambles. After a long day at work, he has had to come home to cook the dinner for him and his child.

Once he found his dinner cooked but left on the bench a congealed mess. It was inedible. When he asked his wife why she couldn't cook him his dinner, she replied that he wasn't a child- he could surely cook a meal for himself. Over the course of the last few months, her disrespect of him has grown and he now is made to iron his own shirt and do other chores... whilst she either visits women friends or watches TV.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

First of all, I find it hard to believe everything was fine with this marriage until he bought her a car. Did she have no transportation before this? (Hmmm, maybe that's part of the problem.).

Second of all, I have learned that no matter how much you like and respect someone, even a dear friend, when you hear their story, you are only hearing their story. Rarely do people just start acting out against their partner for no reason except they got a new car to go to friend's houses with. There's almost always two sides. I'd love to hear the wife's side.

Third of all, this guy is ready to divorce his wife because she no longer cooks and irons for him??? Again, this could be a big part of their problem. And this Christian blogger doesn't think that's wrong???? Is divorcing your wife for not being your maid biblical? I didn't know.

Forth of all, it really is always the woman's fault to these people, isn't it?

First of all, I find it hard to believe everything was fine with this marriage until he bought her a car. Did she have no transportation before this? (Hmmm, maybe that's part of the problem.)
Using this as a jumping off point. It really does highlight everything that's wrong with the fundy mindset. It never once occurs to the man to ask his wife about the sudden change in behaviors? He never thinks "I wonder if I'm doing anything that's making her miserable"? Just as it takes two people to make a marriage work, it (usually) takes two people to destroy it as well. So what is he doing wrong?

They never, ever ask that.

Archived