IGNORED

"Girls" on HBO

chiccy

Are any FJ'ers watching this show? It's being touted as sort of a more modern, more realistic, more youthful, more intelligent version of Sex and the City. The other day I heard an interview with Lena Dunham, the creator and one of the stars of the series, and was very impressed by how intelligent, confident, and articulate she was. Critics of the show are saying it focuses on privileged white girls, and that seems pretty true. Nonetheless, I think it's one of the better shows around.

Thoughts on "Girls"?

Love it. I've seen every episode. It's the funniest, most relateable show I've seen in a while. The women in Sex and the City were already affluent and established but these girls are broke and awkward and trying to figure out their lives. I'm around the same age, just finished by BA and after watching the pilot thought, "Hell, I thought I was the only one who finds my twenties to be an awkward letdown. Guess not.". Half the time I cringe at Hannah. Adam's an asshole and I hope she realizes she's worth enough to dump him one day soon. But yeah, love it.

• 1 year later...

Girls has become one of my favorite current TV shows. I recently spent a week or so watching all of the episodes and now I'm caught up to the current season. I like that the characters' personalities are very nuanced. There's a number of characters that I initially liked but have grown to despise (Marnie!) and vice-versa (Shosh). While I can't relate to the characters' situations entirely, I definitely can relate to certain aspects of it.

• 2 weeks later...

I've watched all three seasons...I actually have a love/hate relationship with it. It's a trainwreck but I can't stop watching? Idk, I don't find the characters either relatable or likable. But I want to see is Hannah does in the end, end up with Adam.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived