IGNORED

Steven Loomis joined Bradrick

WonderingInWA

Ohhhhhh, ugh. And I had so much hope that the the Loomis' would steer clear of this fake alarmist group of men called Bradrick. But there was a post from Steven on Petey's BRADRICK wall saying "Just joined!". Petey answered back: "Congratulations, Steven. Thanks for joining. Now to rally the men of your community!".

Um, Congratulations? Really? How is joining a group like that an accomplishment worth congratulating? Sigh.

I really don't get how this Bradrick thing is supposed to work. I mean, if all the burly, courageous men :roll: were in the same community, I guess it would be feasible for them to band together in the event of some kind of disaster. However, if they are spread all over the country, what are they hoping to accomplish? If, for example Mrs Jimmy Jones in Alaska feels scared because she thinks there's a burglar in the house, how is Bradrick going to help? Don't these people have 911?

Also, I watched the Bradrick promotional video and was hugely irritated by Petey's poor grammar (around the 2:40 mark of the video on the webpage)

We're committed to protect our homes. We're committed to join forces...
I guess SOTDRT doesn't teach gerunds.

Gross.

Is anyone other than VF royalty and hangers-on going to join this mess? I figured "featured member" Aaron Crawford was the only member, but I guess there are at least two now.

Imagine Dougie as an emergency responder. He'd have to get all fancied up in his Bradrick people-rescuing costume first. The world could be ending, and he'd still be tying the strings of his superhero cape in a bow.

Gross.

Is anyone other than VF royalty and hangers-on going to join this mess? I figured "featured member" Aaron Crawford was the only member, but I guess there are at least two now.

Imagine Dougie as an emergency responder. He'd have to get all fancied up in his Bradrick people-rescuing costume first. The world could be ending, and he'd still be tying the strings of his superhero cape in a bow.

Well, maybe Michael Pearl will join. He could beat the intruders into submission with plumbing line and train them not to pull that kind of s$%t again.

Well, maybe Michael Pearl will join. He could beat the intruders into submission with plumbing line and train them not to pull that kind of s$%t again.

Well, and Steven Loomis could play one of his rewritten hymns and maybe build a server closet in some of the remaining structures after the disaster. I'm sad to see Steven getting sucked in to the Bradrick gig. I had hoped he was smarter than that. I like Rebecca and would hate to see her any more fundamentalized that she already is.

This whole Bradrick Crisis Network or whatever is such BS. If Peter or some of his toadies want to be "real" men, why don't they get out there and take the courses to be first responders - EMT, paramedic, whatever. I don't understand how being an EMT or paramedic can go against your Christian faith. Just the opposite - you could be OUT THERE, EVERY DAY, helping people and being a manly man, responding to emergencies and such. Those people are the real heroes, not these wannabes that hang around Bradrick and talk big but have probably never done anything useful in the real world.

However, if they are spread all over the country, what are they hoping to accomplish? If, for example Mrs Jimmy Jones in Alaska feels scared because she thinks there's a burglar in the house, how is Bradrick going to help? Don't these people have 911?

THIS times 1000. Maybe they could support/join their local first responders as brave strong christian men, instead of sitting on their asses talking about how they'd save you in the even of a tornado.

This whole Bradrick thing makes me cringe. There is no way these guys are actually taking the time to be educated in disaster preparedness. They might get a class with a *GASP!!* female instructor. I think in a real disaster situation, Bradrick and his minions might get in the way of actual emergency response teams, and cause much more harm than good.

Little boys and their daydream games....

This whole Bradrick Crisis Network or whatever is such BS. If Peter or some of his toadies want to be "real" men, why don't they get out there and take the courses to be first responders - EMT, paramedic, whatever. I don't understand how being an EMT or paramedic can go against your Christian faith. Just the opposite - you could be OUT THERE, EVERY DAY, helping people and being a manly man, responding to emergencies and such. Those people are the real heroes, not these wannabes that hang around Bradrick and talk big but have probably never done anything useful in the real world.

Yeah, but they might have to be partnered with women on a shift.

Archived