IGNORED

"...So their marriage bed would indeed be sacred."

RR88

Yeah, that made me none-too-happy about the prospect of getting later paps, even though I've since become more, well, active in that area. Ah well. I'd rather have a bad experience with a doctor than a bad experience on my wedding night so I suppose it was a fair enough trade.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The wink at the end of "getting to know each other better" was damn creepy

OKAY WE GET IT THEY CAN HAVE SEX NOW

And let's be honest here - the first couple times a girl has sex -- it's a completely 'meh' experience. It hurts, can be uncomfortable, and lasts about thirty seconds if the guy is a virgin. It takes a while. And with an inexperienced fundie hubby, I'm willing to bet she's going to spend her life orgasm-less. Which is how I assume most fundie women live.

Yeah I remember from the previous board there was a young married woman on a fundie message board that was complaining she wasn't enjoying sex with her husband (reading between the lines it seemed like the couple didn't understand how foreplay works or how many women need extra stimulation) and a bunch of fundies jumped on her for daring to complain or admit that two virgin's first attempts at having sex aren't always rainbows and unicorns.. Some accused her of having repressed sexual abuse memories or something equally crazy.)

I have no problem with people who wait till marriage to do things, but I think it's a little much when it is announced that, "J and J have never done that...they've never even kissed....they're going to kiss now!" It's like...why don't you just....not announce it if it's going to be your first kiss? I feel like that's not something that needs to be announced in the ceremony, and maybe a little bit TMI. It was also painful to watch, as it was obvious that SHE wanted to kiss...and he didn't... (Not that he didn't want to kiss her, but that he didn't want to do it in front of all those people.)

Personally, I have zero desire for romance... and not much of a desire for sex, either. But if on the off chance I DO get married, my parents had better not be making announcements about how "pure" we are. I just think it's no one else's business.

Does Lori's daughter know that her mom wrote about the state of her vagina?

lorialexander.blogspot.com/2011/02/wedding-was-perfect.html

Always makes me wonder why, for the love of all that is pure and holy in the universe WHY do they worry about this?

Also, do they look at "heathen" marriages and think about how skanky and dirty our marriage beds are?

The wink at the end of "getting to know each other better" was damn creepy

OKAY WE GET IT THEY CAN HAVE SEX NOW

Kind of reminds of the scene from the original American Pie movie, where Tara Reid's character and her boyfriend have sex after prom. Stifler's little brother is hiding in the room and jumps out "You guys are going to fuck! Fuckers, fuckers..."

Always makes me wonder why, for the love of all that is pure and holy in the universe WHY do they worry about this?

Also, do they look at "heathen" marriages and think about how skanky and dirty our marriage beds are?

I don't know if anyone thinks that they are dirty and skanky (they probably do but I haven't heard/read it anywhere) but I have heard fundies say that marriages that don't start completely pure are doomed to misery and probably divorce. Based on no actual evidence, of course.

Just a minor thing, but why was it so weird that they had their first dance to a Sinatra song? I think that's pretty common.

"Time for the couple's first dance...the DJ started playing a Frank Sinatra song...huh? To all of our surprise they did this fabulous dance together that obviously Alyssa had choreographed and was a delight to watch. Jon did fantastic! "

Archived