IGNORED

Maxwell Update- they left the compound!

Daenerys

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nathan and Christopher live very close to Steve, as in next door and across the street, I think.

Nath lives accross the street, Chris next door (in the original house). Grandpa & Gigi live only a house or two away as well. (I'm betting, when they are no longer able to live alone, the next Maxwell son will be "allowed" to buy the house and marry.)

Nath lives accross the street, Chris next door (in the original house). Grandpa & Gigi live only a house or two away as well. (I'm betting, when they are no longer able to live alone, the next Maxwell son will be "allowed" to buy the house and marry.)

Is that Joseph, the really hot one? I know it's wrong but I totally would...

Sarah probably looks forward to posting every day. I can't imagine her life is paticularly exciting and it would get her out of the monotony of Bible time, cleaning, praying, writing, praying, cleaning, walking, Bible time, bed.

...which is fine! I wish she would use that desire to post and channel it into some more interesting posts or just more posts about their day to day. Instead of one trip stretched over 3 days, she could have 3 posts with something interesting from that day, a picture of bugs on their sidewalk or anything else, plenty of blogs do that and the lure is reading the author's observations.

Oh yeah though, this is Sarah we're talking about. Still, it would be interesting if she would aim at that sort of thing. I bet she'd like it. (Perhaps that's the problem...)

Is that Joseph, the really hot one? I know it's wrong but I totally would...

John is the hot one. He's quite defrauding.

Why not just do one big post? It's not like they get paid per click.

How do we know they're not getting paid per click? Isn't this what a lot of fundy blogs are used for? Nobody wants to go to their lame-o conferences anymore, so maybe they're going to try using their blog to bring in some money now.

Considering how much anguish it caused Steve to make posters use the anti-spam/prove you're human thingy when they leave a comment (something about not wanting to support worldy companies), I doubt he'd allow pay-per-click. He might find himself being supported by a company that employs homosexuals or women. He'd rather starve and consider it martyrdom.

I wonder how many times God has actually spoken to Steve, and said "Steve? You're an ass. Stop.", and he's ignored it in favor of what HE wants God to say.

What is the animals are humping each other? :o

Other than that, the zoo seems fine - Teri probably chose it because it would be f*n for the little girls.

I love the zoo.

I don't think they get paid per click, because the only ads are for their own products.

I snerked at this though http://www.titus2.com/donations.htm "We are regularly asked about donations." Sure you are. And make sure that donation does not go through Paypal or anywhere that it can be tracked! Just send it to Steve-O and he'll remember to report it as income. :roll:

I don't think they get paid per click, because the only ads are for their own products.

I snerked at this though http://www.titus2.com/donations.htm "We are regularly asked about donations." Sure you are. And make sure that donation does not go through Paypal or anywhere that it can be tracked! Just send it to Steve-O and he'll remember to report it as income. :roll:

What are some of the "government restraints" 501 companies face that Steve talked about, anyone know? Can't discriminate on the basis of sex, race, religion is probably one, i imagine.

ETA: Loved the bolded part. Yes, I'm sure fundy families with a zillion kids are just lining up to donate to this family with 10 able bodied adults who can get out and work just fine if they wanted to.

What are some of the "government restraints" 501 companies face that Steve talked about, anyone know? Can't discriminate on the basis of sex, race, religion is probably one, i imagine.

ETA: Loved the bolded part. Yes, I'm sure fundy families with a zillion kids are just lining up to donate to this family with 10 able bodied adults who can get out and work just fine if they wanted to.

501©3 organizations can discriminate to a certain extent if they are religious in nature. I used to work for one. But there is massive paperwork, and you have to put the money toward a cause, not into your own pocket. That is why Stevie won't have anything to do with it. They are not non-profit, they are making a living from this.

What emmiedahl said, and also there are some restrictions on partisan campaigning (you can support some issue, but you can't endorse individual candidates or a party, that sort of thing). I don't imagine Steve-O Enterprises running afoul of that one though, they don't seem to do much actual partisan writing (of course, they don't take a newspaper, so...)

I can't believe they could go to the zoo where they might encounter groups of heathen public school children on field trips. The Maxwell's probably hand out tracts to the heathens.

I hope Terri was able to sneak a Pepsi when Asshat wasn't looking.

The maxwells pride themselves on living "controlled" lives. They have a long list of prohibitions and they dont do stuff alone. The zoo is one of the few fun activities that passes muster with them. Its probably the highlight of he month to do something like that. What Steve should really be doing is encouraging his sons to work there. Sure beats trying to run a construction with a nonexistent clientele. However, it may pull the children's hearts away blah blah and expose them to fun (like having friends!) and fill their heads with crazy ideas (Catholics are ok! Girls can be capable workers! College is good!).

I can't believe they could go to the zoo where they might encounter groups of heathen public school children on field trips. The Maxwell's probably hand out tracts to the heathens.

I hope Terri was able to sneak a Pepsi when Asshat wasn't looking.

If there were public school kid groups there, Sarah probably prayed for them and felt sorry for them. I remember she once mentioned driving by a public high school and she said she felt sorry for the kids there. The person I feel sorry for is her. The Maxwells' sheltering lifestyle has turned Sarah into a smug woman. If Sarah truly thinks she is better off than people who attended public schools, she is an idiot. Yes, public schools have their problems. Some public schools are crappy, while others are well run and do extremely well in educating children. A lot of public school alums are out living their own lives and they have skills to do so. Sarah would have trouble trying to make it in the real world.

I also hope Teri when bought a Pepsi from the snack shop. It seems the little girls had fun and I'm glad they did. I do wonder if the Maxwells would ever go to an amusement park.

What is it with "It was hard working out the zoo trip because of all of our schedules."??? What exactly do these people do all day?

We know the girls and women aren't allowed a job outside the home. The boys and men don't work 9-5 jobs. We're pretty sure John and Joseph aren't doing construction any longer. So why would a zoo trip be so difficult to work out?

I think the Maxwells fill their schedules with busy work to make them feel like they're actually doing something productive.

:lol: titus2.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/DSC_1973.jpg

Terri sitting under a coke branded umbrella :lol:

Guest Anonymous
What is it with "It was hard working out the zoo trip because of all of our schedules."???

Possibly they were reminded that the children they needed to take on their zoo trip have a mother who wanted them home with her on Mothers Day, when the trip was originally planned to take place .

Possibly they were reminded that the children they needed to take on their zoo trip have a mother who wanted them home with her on Mothers Day, when the trip was originally planned to take place .

And the elderly don't sing to themselves!

I also hope Teri when bought a Pepsi from the snack shop. It seems the little girls had fun and I'm glad they did. I do wonder if the Maxwells would ever go to an amusement park.

Do you think the patriarch permits his family members to carry money?

Do you think the patriarch permits his family members to carry money?

Interesting question! My bet is no.

I don't think they would ever go to an amusement park. Stevie once wrote how he loved fast roller coasters, etc. in his "old" life. I think it's something he "gave up" and thus, won't allow his family to enjoy.

Seems like their outings always involve animals of some kind.

I don't think they would ever go to an amusement park. Stevie once wrote how he loved fast roller coasters, etc. in his "old" life. I think it's something he "gave up" and thus, won't allow his family to enjoy.

Seems like their outings always involve animals of some kind.

Interesting. Yeah, I could see him thinking that he has to make the whole family give up what are his own personal temptations, considering that they never do anything alone (so there won't be any "I can't do roller coasters, but Older Brother can take you" going on).

Also don't forget they found their local county fair so "worldly" that they wouldn't let the small children go to it, to hand out tracts. I can't imagine they'd allow small kids in the amusement park, it's sort of a permanent and larger fair.

Archived