IGNORED

Mom, Would You Love Me if I'm Bisexual?

dairyfreelife

frontlinemoms.com/2012/05/16/mom-would-you-love-me-if-im-bisexual/

She has been deceived by the sexual predator forces of our day that mask themselves as our friends.

Enough said: :evil:

Women then has the nerve to plug her book called "Unmasking the Predator." She sounds like Zsu.

I can't tell if the logo is an adult handing off a baton to a child, or an adult smacking a child's palm with a ruler.

People like that make me sick :( Obviously the answer to that girls question whether her mom would love her if she were bisexual would be no. That girl's going to have a hard road ahead of her and I hope she's strong enough to make it. Asking such a question at 13 is already brave (because you only ask your mom somthing like that if you think she might say no.)

:shock:

that's horrifying. Poor kid. POOR KID. because obviously if the kid is asking she's probably questioning her sexuality. That's something I hear from so many people who have come out is that they ask stuff like that first, before coming out.

No one goes to their mom and says, “I just discovered I am a thief,†or “I just discovered I am an adulterer.â€

Even if they did, that's no reason for their mom to stop loving them. You don't have approve of someone's life and/or choices to love them.

If my daughter ever asked me that I would,

1. Say, "Yes, of course."

and

2. Try as hard as humanly possible to identify and rectify the reason why she would ever doubt enough to ask in the first place.

and

2. Try as hard as humanly possible to identify and rectify the reason why she would ever doubt enough to ask in the first place.

THIS.

I can't tell if the logo is an adult handing off a baton to a child, or an adult smacking a child's palm with a ruler.

I vote for hand smacking.

What, exactly, constitutes NON-faulty logic in this woman's reckoning? Because I don't see how the logic of "Jesus loved the world, etc. etc. etc." forces a conclusion of "So if my daughter asked me if I'd love her if she were bi, I'd say no".

(Heck, doesn't Jesus love us even if we ARE thieves and adulterers?)

Any mother who wouldn't love their child if they were GLBTQ isn't much a mother, in my opinion.

I kind of hope my daughter is lesbian. Just because, law of averages, seems like about 75% of the lesbians I meet are really nice folks, whereas about 75% of the men I know I would not want anywhere near my daughter.

Part II:

frontlinemoms.com/2012/05/21/mom-would-you-love-me-if-im-bisexual-part-2/

When our kids or anyone else throws out a question of “love,†we must be wise as parents to unpack it. Taken at face value it is either childish or manipulative with power to hit on a politically correct button that we as mature adults need to recognize. But folks, we cannot give into this immature reasoning any more than we can give into the glass-breaking child who needs to know we love him enough to make him pay for his damages!

For years, my daughter accused me of not “loving her†when I would not let her run into sexual ruin. The sexual abuse in Kalyn’s life was not “loveâ€â€”though she thought it was at the time! And if I had accepted all the ways she wanted to express her “new identity,†she would not be where she is today—happily married to a Godly man and raising their own little girl to serve Jesus.

I had to say “No!†to the perversions coming against her while radically loving her with the love of the Father. Now she thanks us for our “NOs.â€

:( I'm not sure what happened to Kalyn, but it sounds really bad. I'm glad she's doing better. I hope her husband is a kind and wonderful man.

ETA: Forgot link

I am pretty sure that I am bi, but I still managed to become a helpmeet and a mama. She doesn't need to confiscate the purity ring just yet. :lol:

Not reading the article... if it's what I think it is, sounds like a mother REFUSED to let her daughter be a bi. Not okay. Not what I Wanna read today.

To answer the question, first our kiddo would have to approach us with either Daddy or Papa... no mom here. But if my child, son or daughter, asked me if I would love them if they were bi... my response "Well, I love your daddy and he's bi... so of course I would love you if you were bi"... but in our household, hopefully that won't come up as a question... all things considered.

and

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

When I came out to my mom, she just looked at me and smiled,then asked "so what?"

I cried so hard, I thought she was going to disown me. I love my mama!

Not reading the article... if it's what I think it is, sounds like a mother REFUSED to let her daughter be a bi. Not okay.

Yeah, that's how I read it, too. It seems fairly common among fundies (and non-religion homophobes, for that matter) to try to "force" thir child to be straight and push them into opposite-sex relationships and even marriage. The parents then get to pat themselves on the back and feel all self-righteous about having controlled their child's sexuality, the child gets stuck living a lie for as long as possible trying to please their spouse as well as their parents, and it usually blows up eventually when the bi or gay person comes out and everyone ends up hurt and blaming them, even though the parents orchestrated the whole situation.

It's wrong in a multitude of ways, but it's the kind of bullshit that happens when you have people running around claiming that a person choses their sexuality and can change it because of social pressure.

Sorry for bouncing this.

My mother (christian, but at the time also unmedicated and mentally ill) did tell me once that the only thing that would make her hate us was if my sister or I became lesbians.

Later, once medicated, and after meeting some of my many gay friends (and loving them) and after my cousin came out only to be "disowned" by most of my family, she changed her tune and told us she would always love us, but might feel disappointed.

I did fear that I might end up gay and would pray that I could grow up straight. I had my first orgasm from another girl (I was 11) and feared I might become a horrible person for it. Now, while I orgasm (and that's about it) from men, I still have this fear that I might a lesbian. I am very open about my support for the LGBT community but to this day, I try my best to ignore any attraction to women (and there are plenty with me).

I do not know if I am gay, because I often enjoy penis, but I do not care for any of the penises I enage with.

Sorry for bouncing this.

My mother (christian, but at the time also unmedicated and mentally ill) did tell me once that the only thing that would make her hate us was if my sister or I became lesbians.

Later, once medicated, and after meeting some of my many gay friends (and loving them) and after my cousin came out only to be "disowned" by most of my family, she changed her tune and told us she would always love us, but might feel disappointed.

I did fear that I might end up gay and would pray that I could grow up straight. I had my first orgasm from another girl (I was 11) and feared I might become a horrible person for it. Now, while I orgasm (and that's about it) from men, I still have this fear that I might a lesbian. I am very open about my support for the LGBT community but to this day, I try my best to ignore any attraction to women (and there are plenty with me).

I do not know if I am gay, because I often enjoy penis, but I do not care for any of the penises I enage with.

Perhaps you're bisexual. I understand the feeling in a way. While I know I'm not a lesbian, I think if I had been, my father would not be accepting at all. :?

Part II:

frontlinemoms.com/2012/05/21/mom-would-you-love-me-if-im-bisexual-part-2/

:( I'm not sure what happened to Kalyn, but it sounds really bad. I'm glad she's doing better. I hope her husband is a kind and wonderful man.

ETA: Forgot link

Calling it "radically loving" someone sounds like someone trying to justify emotional abuse as some unusual kind of love.

watching Sister Wives tonight tonight a question and answer show.. a question was asked what they would do if one of the kids came out gay.

My beautiful little person is transgender (or at least currently qualifying as GID). For me- you feel so many things, but I can't imagine how you could not still adore your child entirely. I was nervous about making the right choices and saying the right things, I was terrified for her safety, unsure who needed to know- do you tell the babysitter you're interviewing-, completely thrown, a little sad to let go of the adult daughter who would never exist. But in the end my baby is perfect.

I want to know what the sister wives said :) response? (We're only internet tv which I only mind when I miss TLC and Bravo)

they said that with the amount od children the have the chances are prety high at least one or 2 would come out. The wifes said and Cody that they wouls love the child exacrtly the same. they might be a litle sad not due to the son or daughter but because of then world treats them.

Archived