IGNORED

Brad Voeller, ATI Family Scandal?

Witsec1

LibbyAnne at Love, Joy, Feminism has a post on Jasmin Baucham's endorsement of CollegePlus. in the comments, someone mentions Brad Voeller, the founder of CP:

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/lovejoyfem ... ment-12868

Brad Voeller is of ATI circles (big scandal with his family, very sad) and is the one who mainly founded it. i was quite interested in their South Korean ministry for a while and wanted my family to go back into missions with that organization, especially since i understood to a significant degree what the Voeller children had gone through.

Anyone know more about this? I only found one result for his name on FJ, and it doesn't mention anything about a family scandal.

How many epic family meltdowns has ATI caused?

n/m, I found the info - the scandal was around Voeller's dad, who was head of the ATI homeschooling curriculum. He left his wife and 7 kids for his young secretary. Sin in the camp stuff, not anything specifically due to Gothard weirdness.

n/m, I found the info - the scandal was around Voeller's dad, who was head of the ATI homeschooling curriculum. He left his wife and 7 kids for his young secretary. Sin in the camp stuff, not anything specifically due to Gothard weirdness.

Flora -- I'm not sure I quite agree that this is not related to Gothard weirdness. Granted, too many men leave wife and family for another woman, whether ATI or not. However, what we don't know is the extent to which Voeller's dad toed the ATI line until one day he just couldn't take it anymore. Of course, he may have simply been a horny old goat...which also sounds like true Gothardism :mrgreen:

Flora -- I'm not sure I quite agree that this is not related to Gothard weirdness. Granted, too many men leave wife and family for another woman, whether ATI or not. However, what we don't know is the extent to which Voeller's dad toed the ATI line until one day he just couldn't take it anymore. Of course, he may have simply been a horny old goat...which also sounds like true Gothardism :mrgreen:

No kidding - he might have thought it was unfair that Goatherd was the only one who got to paw the young female interns and staff. Then one day a game of footsie went a little too far....

OT: Does anyone know how College Minus alligned itself with Thomas Edison? Why wouldn't CP want to send its "students" to a Christian college?

Archived