IGNORED

Reason number 10065 why I hate the Duggars

alysee

When they built the TTH, they put in typical low-cost tub/shower combos, and each dorm room has 2 bathrooms. In the girls' room, Jill and Jana had double beds, and Jessa/Jinger/Joy had single beds. Now they have those 5 plus Hannie, Jenny, Jordyn and possibly Josie in the girls' dorm, but no additional beds, so they are doubling up somehow. They haven't bothered to share exactly how, but I would guess that Hannie shares with Jana, Jenny shares with Jill, and Jordyn is in the pack n' play.

There was mention in one episode that the little ones sleep in the double-beds, but that was when there was Hannie and Jen. Who knows where Jordyn and Josie are. Two doubles and three twins are meant to sleep seven people, not eight or nine.

Welcome to the life of the Duggar Daughters, aka J'Slaves.

Yup, older with the younger. You think Michelle and Boob want to be the ones getting up in the middle of the night to take care of the young offspring they chose to have?

That's true, and I think one other reason he has such gluttonous eating habits is that he no longer has to share food with 19 other people.

For the first time he's not having to scramble to get enough. I still can't believe two pans of tater tot casserole is all they'll make for 20 people. Combine having to share and hope for enough with not teaching self-control, and you've got a recipe for a food glutton.

The Duggar kids' lack of privacy almost bothers me more than their heavy workload does. I can't imagine sharing my entire life - including a bedroom - with a bunch of siblings! No privacy means no time alone to read, listen to music, masturbate, write, think, or just enjoy a bit of calm.

I wonder if those girls know what masturbation is, and they're not allowed to do any of those other things without doing it with each other. I don't know how they don't lose their sanity.

How exactly do they know that one of their children doesn't have a secret? What if one of the kids secretly loathes their lifestyle? If they never mentioned it to anyone else, then they have a secret that the parents will never find out. I think it's unrealistic for Michelle and Jim Bob to think that none of the children have a secret. It's unlikely that is true.

And I agree with whoever said Josh is the perfect example of what happens when you don't teach your children self-control. His eating habits are gluttonous. His online rants are in poor taste and he's obviously not thinking about any future business relationships he may have to make and maintain. He's the epitome of someone who was never taught to police themselves.

Agreed. I can just about guarantee you at least one of those girls hates it all, maybe more of them, but won't say because they're afraid that they'll be ratted out. Or maybe a couple have discussed it and just keep it a secret.

If I were in the area, I'd avoid Josh's business just based on the stupid shit he posts. I have a small business, and there's a reason I don't use my first name or publicly post my last name. If you've seen my Facebook posts, you might know, but my clients don't know my middle name, and wouldn't connect my posting to me. But Josh puts it all out there so there's no denying, and he's alienating potential business. He's already in a business with a slim profit margin - older used cars might only bring in a profit of $500 or $1,000 each after the cost of buying and fixing up. Then you've got to factor in the costs of the lot and other overhead, not to mention the inevitable buyers who don't follow through on their payments, and having to decide to repo it or if that would cost more than eating the loss. Then he's got to pay income tax on what he pays himself. Unless he's selling at least a car every other day for $1,000 over cost, then he's not likely to be doing so well, and sellers of older used cars can expect to go 4 or 5 days, sometimes more, without a sale. He really needs to shut up and use his Instagramming and whatnot to put forth a positive image meant to attract potential buyers. The gay-hating needs to stop, though showing that he's got a family can make people soften. Show the family, cut the hate-crap.

vBut I wonder how much of his gorging, spending, lazing around, watching TV, posting mindlessly, etc. is due to not having any self-motivation to do what he believes is right/quote]

I don't think Josh got fully drunk on the fundie kool aid. Add that to the fact that he never got the chance to be a normal teenager, and well, this is what you get. When the show is canceled, reality will sink in. He will realize that he has a wife and kids to support and question a lot of the things he was taught to believe. But for now he's just enjoying the TLC fame.

Agreed. I can just about guarantee you at least one of those girls hates it all, maybe more of them, but won't say because they're afraid that they'll be ratted out. Or maybe a couple have discussed it and just keep it a secret.

If I were in the area, I'd avoid Josh's business just based on the stupid shit he posts. I have a small business, and there's a reason I don't use my first name or publicly post my last name. If you've seen my Facebook posts, you might know, but my clients don't know my middle name, and wouldn't connect my posting to me. But Josh puts it all out there so there's no denying, and he's alienating potential business. He's already in a business with a slim profit margin - older used cars might only bring in a profit of $500 or $1,000 each after the cost of buying and fixing up. Then you've got to factor in the costs of the lot and other overhead, not to mention the inevitable buyers who don't follow through on their payments, and having to decide to repo it or if that would cost more than eating the loss. Then he's got to pay income tax on what he pays himself. Unless he's selling at least a car every other day for $1,000 over cost, then he's not likely to be doing so well, and sellers of older used cars can expect to go 4 or 5 days, sometimes more, without a sale. He really needs to shut up and use his Instagramming and whatnot to put forth a positive image meant to attract potential buyers. The gay-hating needs to stop, though showing that he's got a family can make people soften. Show the family, cut the hate-crap.

No, Josh refuses to finance cars, he only sells to people who pay in full.

Really? Well that's a good way to lose more sales than cars that wouldn't be paid for. I've mentioned an ex who had a car lot before, including for the first part of our relationship. He and his business partner tried the only-pay-in-full method, and after a single month went back to financing. Better to sell 15 cars a month and have people bail on paying for 3 or 4 of them after making a couple payments than to drop down to 3 or 4 sales for the whole month.

I wonder how much he's enjoying having free time that he won't have if he and Anna have half a dozen kids in the next five years. It took Boob and Michelle over a dozen years to have enough kids old enough to take over the childcare duties so they could run off and do whatever the hell they wanted. Josh would have to be willing to give up the freedom he has now to do nothing but work.

I wonder too what Anna thinks. She had it easier than the Duggar girls, but do you think she's really gung-ho about only being pregnant for the next 20 years? I get the feeling they'll have no more than five kids.

Josh is passive aggressive? There is zero toleration for overt rebellion...so.....the only way to express yourself is through what you don't do...

And....Ma and Pa Duggar are probably fearful that Josh and Anna will go the way of Anna's sister Rebekkah and ditch ATI

It just think he is a lazy ass.

It just think he is a lazy ass.

He's was a boy with younger sisters raised to take care of those with penises. In that household, he was next to god. He's a lazy, self-centered ass used to everyone else doing everything for him. I'm somewhat surprised he bathes himself.

He's was a boy with younger sisters raised to take care of those with penises. In that household, he was next to god. He's a lazy, self-centered ass used to everyone else doing everything for him. I'm somewhat surprised he bathes himself.

Are we sure he does??? :twisted:

Once Anna has popped out 5 or 6 kids--or once the show is canned, whichever comes first--Josh is going to find out real fast that you can't not offer financing at a car dealership. Idiot.

I can't believe fundie parents read their kids' prayer journals. What could/should possibly be more personal than prayer? Does "between you and God" not mean anything? If God is supposed to come first, even before other people (J-O-Y), then surely it would be acceptable, even desirable, for children to have a personal relationship with God that comes before even that with their parents. Right? Oh wait, fundies are fucking hypocrites. How could I forget.

My real fear is for the 1 or 2 or 3 of those kids who find out during adolescence that they are gay. I don't think any of us can imagine how hard life would be as a gay Duggar.

I wonder if those girls know what masturbation is, and they're not allowed to do any of those other things without doing it with each other. I don't know how they don't lose their sanity.

Bathroom time? :shifty:

I think if my parents started reading my journals, I would've learned spanish MUCH faster. That's not much good though, since they have a background in French and written words can be similar. I would've taught myself Russian or Japanese or something my parents wouldn't be able to keep up with. Fortunately my parents never read my journals (my dad tried to say he could and should, but by then I knew how to password protect my word files, so I just rolled my eyes.)

As an adult, some of my journals you WOULD have to be trilingual to understand (spanish, german.)

I work at a dealership, and we don't actually finance what we sell. We are more like agents between our customers and banks. So the customers come to our store, fill out the paperwork with one of our employees, and our employee then submits the information to the bank. If the customer is approved the bank sends us the money directly. After that, we're not involved with the lender/borrower relationship. If Josh was going to actually finance the cars he sells he would be acting like a bank and would be subject to banking rules & regulations. That stuff is a lot of work, and I don't see that happening at all.

Really, genie? He's against gay marriage. He even supported the anti-gay marriage community with a Bible quote when covering his "brilliant comment" on Obama's suppportive stance on gay marriage. He even the mocked handicapped. Fundies usually think that handicappedness (if this isn't the right word, somebody correct me, please) is a result of the parent's previous sin so the family deserves it. And you say he didn't drink the fundie kool aid? I think he's drunk from it!

I don't think Josh got fully drunk on the fundie kool aid. Add that to the fact that he never got the chance to be a normal teenager, and well, this is what you get. When the show is canceled, reality will sink in. He will realize that he has a wife and kids to support and question a lot of the things he was taught to believe. But for now he's just enjoying the TLC fame.

I'm not sure I believe that Smuggar isn't completely immersed in the Gothardite Kool-Aid. He certainly regurgitates enough of the rhetoric and impregnates his helpmeet often enough to indicate compliance with the movement.

Your comment does make me realize something about fundie families, though. Every normal family I have ever encountered in almost any culture wants better for their children. My impoverished great-grandparents worked so that my grandparents could be working class, who worked so my parents could go to college and be middle class. And my parents seem to want their children to attain even greater financial stability than they had. Parents want their children to have easier, more secure lives than they had.

Not so with fundies. The Duggars, Bates, Maxwells, etc. are keeping their children down with the SOTDRT and expectations of clown-car uteri. It's almost as if Boob, Jchelle, and other fundie parents are saying "We had to work really hard to overcome the career limitations of only having a high school diploma AND raising a fuckton of kids, and goddamnit you're going to have to do the same!" It's even worse with converted fundie parents who have and use their college degrees, but refuse to give their children the same advantage.

I'm just sickened by the fact that these parents revel in the fact that their children are facing incredibly difficult lives, thanks to their parents' decisions.

Really, genie? He's against gay marriage. He even supported the anti-gay marriage community with a Bible quote when covering his "brilliant comment" on Obama's suppportive stance on gay marriage. He even the mocked handicapped. Fundies usually think that handicappedness (if this isn't the right word, somebody correct me, please) is a result of the parent's previous sin so the family deserves it. And you say he didn't drink the fundie kool aid? I think he's drunk from it!

Josh and the rest of the Duggars aren't just drunk from all the Kool-Aid they've chugged over the years, they're doing keg stands and beer pong with the stuff.

Disability rather than handicappedness. I think Josh is fundie mean (he's mean spirited), the main problem being that he

he never got the chance to be a normal teenager
so now he's behaving like one, but within very narrow confines: watching TV, gorging on food, being irresponsible.

His business website includes financing information and estimated monthly payments for each auto, so I think he absolutely offers financing.

His business website includes financing information and estimated monthly payments for each auto, so I think he absolutely offers financing.

That was my understanding, too. Seems like we've been shown the Carlots sign that mentioned financing.

Smuggar was also shown 'teaching' some homeschoolers about how to buy a car on a fieldtrip. Seems like he mentioned a down payment or somesuch.

As to him being hardcore Gothard: I don't think so. I do think he's 100% down with the parts that suit him: the part that makes him Lord of the Manor and controller of wife and kids. Think about it: sex when he wants, whatever food he wants. Yeah, he's all about that.

He's NOT all about supporting his family with his own business. He's rarely at work. He watches TV and uses the evil internet ALL DAY LONG. He's an arrogant fuckwit, but he's not 100%Gothard since he moved outta the TTH.

Ah, okay. I must have misunderstood something we'd talked about here in the past, this was the impression I was under. Thanks for correcting me. :)

Your comment does make me realize something about fundie families, though. Every normal family I have ever encountered in almost any culture wants better for their children. My impoverished great-grandparents worked so that my grandparents could be working class, who worked so my parents could go to college and be middle class. And my parents seem to want their children to attain even greater financial stability than they had. Parents want their children to have easier, more secure lives than they had.

Not so with fundies. The Duggars, Bates, Maxwells, etc. are keeping their children down with the SOTDRT and expectations of clown-car uteri. It's almost as if Boob, Jchelle, and other fundie parents are saying "We had to work really hard to overcome the career limitations of only having a high school diploma AND raising a fuckton of kids, and goddamnit you're going to have to do the same!" It's even worse with converted fundie parents who have and use their college degrees, but refuse to give their children the same advantage.

Yes, but that is better in fundyland. Our measures of success include things like financial stability, healthy (mutually respectful) relationships, and some sort of job satisfaction. Fundies have completely different goals-trusting that God will miraculously provide is more important than aiming for financial stability (many would even argue that stability and trust are a zero-sum game), relationships are about being 'right' rather than being respectful and, when death provides the opportunity for the ultimate promotion, staying on the right side of God is the ultimate cause.

Many of those parents who are denying their kids the chances they had (like college) are genuinely thankful that the big, bad boogeyman didn't snatch them away into believing in evolution and voting Democrat and that letting their children out of their control is like playing with fire.

Archived