IGNORED

Taryn (KJ) Said...

Boogalou

Phew. Next to Taryn's rants The label on my Dr. Bronner's bottle reads positively rational. Love the necktie=upside-down obelisk, the fact that she's against bike helmets because she didn't wear one when she was a kid (Taryn, you didn't have internet when you were a kid either), her use of wingnutdaily.com as a source of factual information on President Obama. . .and this one still has me baffled:

"We also say the word "okay" too much and there's a history behind that-form the sign with your hand-what 3 numbers do you see."

the crazy, it burnz.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The other day I received a call from our local high school that there was going to be a heroin forum because there was such a bad heroin problem at the local high school and other schools on Long Island. It is a problem all over the nation. My 17-year-old son homeschools.

Oh my god she lives in my town.

Oh my god she lives in my town.

YOU ARE SO LUCKY!! You should set up a "King James every shape is an evil occult symbol" party serving mashed potatos so you could meet her. Then pull out some scripture (KJ) that would somehow convince her to blog.

YOU ARE SO LUCKY!! You should set up a "King James every shape is an evil occult symbol" party serving mashed potatos so you could meet her. Then pull out some scripture (KJ) that would somehow convince her to blog.

A couple of long island high schools had those forums, but they were at different times, and judging by the date its almost definitely my district. Let me clarify my town has an area of less than one square mile, I graduated in a class of about a hundred students, and it is almost ENTIRELY Italian and Portugese. Staunchly Roman Catholic. I knew one kid who was lutheran, that's about it. Scratching my head over here.

, the fact that she's against bike helmets because she didn't wear one when she was a kid

But then in another comment she talks about wanting to get rid of her sofa because her grand-daughter fell off of it. And she wants to build a house with only curves, no sharp corners.

But then in another comment she talks about wanting to get rid of her sofa because her grand-daughter fell off of it. And she wants to build a house with only curves, no sharp corners.

This is what really struck me, especially since she had just gotten done ranting about her son putting safety things in the kitchen.

She makes no sense and seems full of contradictions, but I find her...endearing?

Phew. Next to Taryn's rants The label on my Dr. Bronner's bottle reads positively rational.

HAAAA. WORD! i love the dr. bronners labels.

A couple of long island high schools had those forums, but they were at different times, and judging by the date its almost definitely my district. Let me clarify my town has an area of less than one square mile, I graduated in a class of about a hundred students, and it is almost ENTIRELY Italian and Portugese. Staunchly Roman Catholic. I knew one kid who was lutheran, that's about it. Scratching my head over here.

This is what you need to do. Put on a paisley skirt and a pair of hexagon earnings. Then walk though your town and start giving everyone the OK sign. Whoever clutches their pearls is Taryn. I would love to know what she is like in person.

• 1 year later...

How have I been around so long and not heard about Taryn? She is a gold mine of snark!

My eyes hurt so much after doing all that I needed a break. There is far too much crazy there to take all in one sitting. And now she comments on Kelly's blog, oh dear. I need another break before I tackle that one.

But here are my conclusions:

1. Taryn is a surprisingly good speller and there are shockingly few errors in her comments. This rather surpirsed me.

2. Taryn is employed by several conservative Christian companies and authors to discuss their books/materials at every possible chance she gets. In order to collect her money she must list the book, the company who puts it out and the price. This is the only logical reason why 50% of her comments are about random books.

3. Taryn sits at home in a large library surrounded by books. At a moments notice she is able to directly quote from any book and include assompanying page numbers.

4. Every once in a while Taryn says something normal and it is not easy to tell it is her.

5. As time passes Taryn comments on more posts and more often on each one. At first she would leave one comment then wait a few posts then leave another one. Now she comments several times on most posts.

6. Taryn enjoys commenting several times IN A ROW on things.

7. Taryn is crazy.

8. Bunnies are evil.

Oh CURIOUS...

I've seen y'all mention Taryn before but never cared to go look too deeply at ZsuZsu's blog to seek out her comments. Oh my goodness, this whole thing made my heart sing. For real, my face just did [link=http://i.imgur.com/7crSw.gif]this[/link] the further and further into her comments I read. That is just... batshit beautiful.

Boogalou, thanks for taking one for Team FJ and compiling this treasure trove of Tarynism.

Shouldn't there be a Taryn summary in Who's Who? Not that it's actually possible to summarize her, but she's certainly a fundie (or something) legend.

Boogalou, thanks for taking one for Team FJ and compiling this treasure trove of Tarynism.

Shouldn't there be a Taryn summary in Who's Who? Not that it's actually possible to summarize her, but she's certainly a fundie (or something) legend.

I might be able to be convinced to write something up for Taryn for the SOTDRT. However, I would insist on being able to do it in in full on Taryn-speak.

By the way, for those interested in the sharpie comment:

Cathy- I wonder how you feel about evolution. Pastor Dave Meyer never would have called anything a “magic showâ€.†Magician(s)†is not a good word in the King James Bible- the Bible we prefer. I even took a permanent marker and crossed out the word-magic- on a Magic Chef kitchen appliance that was in our house when we moved here and plan on replacing anyway. We are Creationists and hope to visit the Ceation Museum in Kentucky soon. Magicians is in the same catagory as astrologers in the KJV Bible. Magic and astrology are in the same catagory.

Dying to know what is so horrible about the ok symbol.

I like how she outholies Zsu, that hexagon using, martial art practicing, holiday celebrating devil. Those comments are golden.

Dying to know what is so horrible about the ok symbol.

I like how she outholies Zsu, that hexagon using, martial art practicing, holiday celebrating devil. Those comments are golden.

Someone has an avatar showing how it can look like a 6 (and three of them make the number of the beast (KJV) ). I think it's boogaloo.

I might be able to be convinced to write something up for Taryn for the SOTDRT. However, I would insist on being able to do it in in full on Taryn-speak.

Naturally, it would have to be written in Taryn. Do it, we beg you!

Doesn't believe in power point protectors, drawer locks, rear facing car seats, bicycle helmets, seat belts or airbags.

Thinks couches should be removed in case toddlers fall off them.

Ooookay.

Archived