IGNORED

Triumph Bradrick on taking pigs to the slaughterhouse

WonderingInWA

Yep. If you think that's bad, his brother is named Knox Defender. I'm not kidding.

And they round out the threesome with Loyal Cromwell, right? Plus baby sister Geneva Convention Constance, who actually got off pretty lucky there.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My favorite Bradrick moment is Kelly modestly rolling under the fence in her skirt so as not to risk defrauding anyone by climbing over it.

Second favorite is FJ's collective WTFing at the nazi-esque Bradrick.org logo and the speed at which Petey yanked the whole thing down, fleeing our scorn.

Third favorite is Dougie and Petey's epic starcrossed bromance.

Ohhh, but there was a honeymoon photo of Brassdick and Kelly at some historic bed and breakfast that shows them standing on the front steps leading up to the porch. She's standing there all demurely in her denim skirt (having been deflowered probably just a couple nights before) and he's standing next to her in jeans and really big cowboy boots. BUT, his one leg is on the same step she is, and his other is stepped up behind her, clearly trying to convey his manlihood. Hard to explain -- I'll see if I can find it and post it. It's a classic.

ETA: Dang, it had been on Nathaniel Darnell's old blog "persevero.something" but it looks like he migrated his blog and is now into filmmaking at perseverofilms.com. Bummer! He, BTW, is as gay as they get -- he was in Brassdick's VF Intern class and went on to get a law degree and interestingly enough, isn't married! He's got to be 30-something now, I would guess. Gaydar, anyone?

Which resulted in one of the best bromance pictures to ever grace the interwebs - (This is where I was going to link the pic of Doug and Peter sitting WAY too close together, but it looks like AthenaC deleted all of the images she posted in the LOLDoug threads because she went crazy when she left us. If anyone else can find it, please post!)

ETA - Found one, because watchdog is awesome - DougieAllosaur.jpg

That picture. I can't even. :laughing-rolling:

And they round out the threesome with Loyal Cromwell, right? Plus baby sister Geneva Convention Constance, who actually got off pretty lucky there.

At least the girl legitimate names, though a name that may or may not mean "magic sighs", according to my name book, doesn't seem entirely appropriate.

I've poked around a bit on this guy and my opinion thusfar was "what a massive douchecanoe." Looks like doing more research won't change that opinion much.

Plus baby sister Geneva Convention Constance...
LOL! :lol: I KNEW it was reminding me of something...

And yeah, Loyal Cromwell. That whole family is into the WTF? when it comes to names.

Kelly and Peter's wedding was how I found Vision Forum. I was googling around the idea of courtship and found this "idyllic" "perfect" wedding where the first kiss happened at the altar, and just could NOT look away. Big ol' rock peeled up with all kinds of fascinating things under it...

That picture. I can't even. :laughing-rolling:

Seriously. And "allosaur" is just the piece that puts it right over the top into complete awesome land. :lol:

Was LOL Doug taken down when the creators were told to "cease and desist" at the yuko site? I miss LOL Dougie.

Was LOL Doug taken down when the creators were told to "cease and desist" at the yuko site? I miss LOL Dougie.

LOLDoug was brought over here:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=24

It's just missing some pics.

My dad lived on the farm when he was a kid (nearly 80 years old now). When I was growing up, he didn't talk about it, but now that he's elderly, he sometimes tells us about it. Oh, you know, things like GELDING PIGS. Yeah it made me :o and :shock: but you know, it was dinner. And pork was the main meat on the farm, because the chickens were for eggs and the cows were for milk.

FJ was told to "cease and desist" by Dougie & Co.? :o Isn't that pretty much proof that they follow around here?

Why do fundies take such delight in killing their animals? My family has killed chickens and I grew up with rural family members. None of them expressed any pleasure in killing animals. Even my brother who hunts doesn't get so excited about actually killing the deer.

I grew up watching chickens dance when their heads were cut off. To a kid, that's funny. However, when I got to be 5 or so, it wasn't so funny anymore. I started going on hunting trips earlier than I can remember. When it came to other animals, it wasn't, "Yay! We're going to kill something!" it was, "Yay! Fresh venison/bacon/WTFever". I think them getting excited over the killing of an animal instead of the meat it means is skewed.

I think if you're going to be raised on a farm then you should know how it works. I don't necessarily have an issue with his being taken along.

What I have an issue with is the fact that that poor child is much, much too young to be in a booster seat instead of a 5 point harness car seat. The seat belt doesn't even come close to fitting him properly. If they were in a car accident with that little boy restrained like it is highly unlikely he would survive.

What never ceases to amaze me about this crowd who say children are a heritage of the Lord is how few of them truly protect their kids when it comes to child passenger safety. The Duggars are one of the absolute worst offenders of this. I've seen it also on several different blogs. But this little boy Triumph is not restrained properly and it's very, very dangerous.

Why do fundies take such delight in killing their animals? .

Maybe it's because killing animals is direct, physical evidence that they're Exercising Their Dominion™. They're not in control of much else in their sorry lives (not that they'd ever admit it), but this, this is something that they can point to and claim control.

I think if you're going to be raised on a farm then you should know how it works. I don't necessarily have an issue with his being taken along.

What I have an issue with is the fact that that poor child is much, much too young to be in a booster seat instead of a 5 point harness car seat. The seat belt doesn't even come close to fitting him properly. If they were in a car accident with that little boy restrained like it is highly unlikely he would survive.

What never ceases to amaze me about this crowd who say children are a heritage of the Lord is how few of them truly protect their kids when it comes to child passenger safety. The Duggars are one of the absolute worst offenders of this. I've seen it also on several different blogs. But this little boy Triumph is not restrained properly and it's very, very dangerous.

Car seats are a racket. Car crashes are the #1 killer of children older than one month. Car seats don't actually do anything to lower that statistic. If you want to keep your child safe, keep him or her out of automobiles. If this is a topic you care about I highly reccomend spending a half hour listening to this:

http://www.strongtowns.org/strong-towns-podcast/2011/4/21/car-seat-nation.html

And then go out and do something to change the amount of time little ones spend in the car.

Why do fundies take such delight in killing their animals? My family has killed chickens and I grew up with rural family members. None of them expressed any pleasure in killing animals. Even my brother who hunts doesn't get so excited about actually killing the deer.

At the end of the video the little boy looks troubled. Poor kid.

There are a lot of people who raise their own meat because they want to ensure that the animals are treated humanely even if they are used for food. Being humane to their livestock doesn't seem to be the Bradrick's main goal.

Once I was at my brother's house while he was helping a couple of older gentlemen butcher a deer. The two men started discussing the circle of life and that no one should take more then they need. They even discussed how buzzards were part of that circle. Despite the fact that the older men were hunters, there was a respect for nature and life that I don't find among the fundies.

Exactly Debrand. I am a farmer. I mainly raise dairy goats but we raise 5 or 6 hogs a year. It is the ONLY way to know that the meat on your table is humanely raised. I am no fan of Petey Boy, but what he's doing here (as grotesquely as he is going about it) has true merit. His pig will see way less suffering than the ones in the grocery store. Anyone that thinks the slaughtering process is somehow less humane than the way American hogs are raised by Smithfield and Wal-Mart has some learnin to do. The only part of the conventionally raised hog's life that is actually govt. mandated to not be cruel and unusual is his death.

And buzzards are some of the most important members of our (all of us) communities. They keep us from getting all kinds of diseases, those were some smart old men.

And finally, I know plenty of fundy farmers. And they are way less humane towards their stock than the hippie types. Do your business with the hippies. Rant off.

Car seats are a racket. Car crashes are the #1 killer of children older than one month. Car seats don't actually do anything to lower that statistic. If you want to keep your child safe, keep him or her out of automobiles.

Yeah...because the CDC, National Safety Council, the American Academy of Pediatrics, every hospital in the country and a bazillion other child welfare organizations are all involved in a giant conspiracy to make us buy stuff we don't need :roll: Meanwhile, statistical research suggests that child safety seats reduce fatal injury by 71% in infants under age 1, and 54% in children age 1 to 4.

Plus I'm sure parents love nothing more than wasting money on gas driving their infants around in the car when they don't need to be there.

Yeah...because the CDC, National Safety Council, the American Academy of Pediatrics, every hospital in the country and a bazillion other child welfare organizations are all involved in a giant conspiracy to make us buy stuff we don't need :roll: Meanwhile, statistical research suggests that child safety seats reduce fatal injury by 71% in infants under age 1, and 54% in children age 1 to 4.

Plus I'm sure parents love nothing more than wasting money on gas driving their infants around in the car when they don't need to be there.

Diving in with sarcasm is always so friendly. Thanks!

If you think there aren't companies out there spending millions of dollars on every conceivable angle, lobbying to get "the CDC, National Safety Council, the American Academy of Pediatrics, every hospital in the country and a bazillion other child welfare organizations" to shill for them, I've got a bridge to sell you. Every damn business in this country is trying to get you to spend money on shit you don't need.

Meanwhile, statistical research suggests that child safety seats reduce fatal injury by 71% in infants under age 1, and 54% in children age 1 to 4.

That statistic compares kids in a car seat to kids that are totally unrestrained. When you look at kids in car seats Vs. kids with a seat belt, there is no difference. Check it:

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/07/10/magazine/10FREAK.html?_r=2&ex=1189915200&en=641c83d4b0668293&ei=5070

Want to keep your kid safe? Get him or her out of the car. It's as simple as that. So why hasn't "the CDC, National Safety Council, the American Academy of Pediatrics, every hospital in the country and a bazillion other child welfare organizations" EVER once put together a campaign to push this agenda? Why? Even as much as your confirmation bias is screaming at you to deny it, you know this is a good question. Why do we live in a nation that forces people to put the most important people in their lives in harms way for hours on end, every single day? Why do the organizations we count on to help guide us safely through life never mention that the safest thing is to cut down travel miles? Why instead do they push a "fix" that the data doesn't show makes any difference?

Diving in with sarcasm is always so friendly. Thanks!

If you think there aren't companies out there spending millions of dollars on every conceivable angle, lobbying to get "the CDC, National Safety Council, the American Academy of Pediatrics, every hospital in the country and a bazillion other child welfare organizations" to shill for them, I've got a bridge to sell you. Every damn business in this country is trying to get you to spend money on shit you don't need.

That statistic compares kids in a car seat to kids that are totally unrestrained. When you look at kids in car seats Vs. kids with a seat belt, there is no difference. Check it:

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/07/10/magazine/10FREAK.html?_r=2&ex=1189915200&en=641c83d4b0668293&ei=5070

Want to keep your kid safe? Get him or her out of the car. It's as simple as that. So why hasn't "the CDC, National Safety Council, the American Academy of Pediatrics, every hospital in the country and a bazillion other child welfare organizations" EVER once put together a campaign to push this agenda? Why? Even as much as your confirmation bias is screaming at you to deny it, you know this is a good question. Why do we live in a nation that forces people to put the most important people in their lives in harms way for hours on end, every single day? Why do the organizations we count on to help guide us safely through life never mention that the safest thing is to cut down travel miles? Why instead do they push a "fix" that the data doesn't show makes any difference?

So what, I should just buckle my 1-year-old into a regular seat belt when we need to go to the doctors office?

So what, I should just buckle my 1-year-old into a regular seat belt when we need to go to the doctors office?

"Get kids out of the car" only works when there is a viable alternative to cars. Most American cities aren't set up where you can walk to place to place (where I live the weather makes it physically unsafe for young children to do that 4 or 5 months out of the year anyway,) and we have fuck all for a good bus or rail transit system.

Nope, you should WEAR him while you ride your bike to the Dr, DUH!

I've never ever heard anything like this. I can't imagine someone honestly thinking that car seats are a racket. It's one thing to say that they feel the guidelines are too strict or something, but that they're basically useless altogether? :think:

Archived