IGNORED

Triumph Bradrick on taking pigs to the slaughterhouse

WonderingInWA

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, it's a little weird in our society, but somebody has to slaughter the pigs so we can have bacon. Who is this guy, anyway?

Well, it's a little weird in our society, but somebody has to slaughter the pigs so we can have bacon. Who is this guy, anyway?

What I find disconcerting about this isn't that he's doing it, it's that he's *excited* to be doing it. Looking forward to taking the life of another living thing horrifies me.

Why do fundies take such delight in killing their animals? My family has killed chickens and I grew up with rural family members. None of them expressed any pleasure in killing animals. Even my brother who hunts doesn't get so excited about actually killing the deer.

At the end of the video the little boy looks troubled. Poor kid.

There are a lot of people who raise their own meat because they want to ensure that the animals are treated humanely even if they are used for food. Being humane to their livestock doesn't seem to be the Bradrick's main goal.

Once I was at my brother's house while he was helping a couple of older gentlemen butcher a deer. The two men started discussing the circle of life and that no one should take more then they need. They even discussed how buzzards were part of that circle. Despite the fact that the older men were hunters, there was a respect for nature and life that I don't find among the fundies.

Oh, Conuly, you have such a journey of discovery ahead of you! Just go to bradrick.org and/or google Peter Bradrick Doug Phillips, set your cup of coffee well away from the laptop, and learn, learn, learn.

ETA, having watched the video: All first-time parents make mistakes. Triumph, as the first-born of dimbulbs Peter and Kelly Bradrick, is going to endure way more than his share. That's prologue to saying: It's entirely anachronistic to be talking to a well scrubbed kid in a pristine car and government-approved carseat about EATING something he's been feeding EVERY DAY (emphases Peter's, not mine).

Peter & Kelly dig the olden days of choppin' wood and haulin' water. If they really want to man-up their 5-year-old by EATING something he's FED EVERY DAY they need to have him on a buckboard wagon, his most recent bath a week-old memory, and Momma pregnant, barefoot, and carrying boiling water from stove to bathtub.....oh, wait, they've at least got one of those things right.

The rest of it just is so, so forced.

Kelly had her pick of dominiondumb men and chose Peter. She's stupid and I feel very angry that she and he are breeding like rabbits while one of my kids is childless. OK, I'm off-topic and it's time for me to stop.

I must be a bad person, because as a child, I was quite excited when we took the animals in for processing. It meant steaks and other assorted good food.

I must be a bad person, because as a child, I was quite excited when we took the animals in for processing. It meant steaks and other assorted good food.

I don't think that getting excited about the prospect of food is bad but getting happy about the squealing pigs seems unusual to me.

When we killed a few chickens, my children wanted to watch. They weren't taking joy in the animals' deaths but they were curious about the process. I think that being curious about death is probably normal. However, Peter seems to be encouraging his son to get excited about the pigs' slaughter. That seems off to me.

I don't eat a lot of meat now because I can't guarantee that the animals were treated humanely.

It would be easier if we just didn't have bacon

Makes me so sad :cry:

I'd like to see Bradrick take Triumph in and make him watch the factory slaughter process of the pigs he so lovingly fed for 6 months. That ought to give him the idea of the full process. And why, if Bradrick is such a manly man, is he not doing the slaughtering himself? That's what REAL men do. Oh, wait, that's right, he's too busy working his ridiculous company of fearless men.

Why do fundies take such delight in killing their animals? My family has killed chickens and I grew up with rural family members. None of them expressed any pleasure in killing animals. Even my brother who hunts doesn't get so excited about actually killing the deer.

Because everything is part of this supposed "culture war" with them, and they're probably trying to brag about how their kids aren't some sort of Gaia-worshipping vegetarian hippie bleeding heart kids, they know what it is to Take Dominion Over The Earth.

And I hope I'm not going out too far on a limb here (I'll be glad to read those links when I have a few free hours to kill!) but I'm guessing for this kid it also means a day out. He looks pretty little.

I felt the same way.. :roll:

I'm at work so I can't check anything. Is this child's name Triumph seriously? A La, Triumph the comic dog?

Hell I was excited as an adult to go to a swine slaughter facility it was one of the best/most exciting learning opportunities to ever witness. I hope I die as humanely as the pigs did.

I'm at work so I can't check anything. Is this child's name Triumph seriously? A La, Triumph the comic dog?

His name is Triumph Perseverance. Their other children also have very strong (ie: ridiculous) names.

Yep. If you think that's bad, his brother is named Knox Defender. I'm not kidding.

Hell I was excited as an adult to go to a swine slaughter facility it was one of the best/most exciting learning opportunities to ever witness. I hope I die as humanely as the pigs did.

From what I've seen (not live, mind you), some of the animals get "missed" by the stun techniques and there's just nothing humane about that. Plus, how can you know how it feels to be a pig headed to slaughter. I would think the noise alone would be frightening enough.

From what I've seen (not live, mind you), some of the animals get "missed" by the stun techniques and there's just nothing humane about that. Plus, how can you know how it feels to be a pig headed to slaughter. I would think the noise alone would be frightening enough.

As far as I know pigs aren't stunned. I was at one of the biggest slaughter facilities in the US and I know they weren't stunned and it wasn't noisy either. A group of pigs like 6 or so are put into a little room that is dropped down for like 2 mins where they are gassed and that's how they die. The whole thing seemed 100 percent humane to me and I'm a huge animal welfare advocate and I had no issues with the slaughter technique they used.

I'm still in shock. My son doesn't have a standard name (Gunner), and I catch hell for it. If I had named him something along the lines of these people my mother would have had me committed....

Peter just had a live streaming test on his Youtube channel with Scott and David Brown. Something about praying with other ministers.

*edited because it ended*

Oh, Conuly, you have such a journey of discovery ahead of you! Just go to bradrick.org and/or google Peter Bradrick Doug Phillips, set your cup of coffee well away from the laptop, and learn, learn, learn.

Conuly's not the only one with this journey ahead of her. I had no clue who these people are until now, so I did what you said, MamaJunebug, and googled. I've only just begun to read up on them, and already I'm mind-boggled and gobsmacked. :shock: The children's names alone are the most smug and insufferably, sanctimoniously, holier-than-thou that I've ever heard of in my life. :doh:

*Edited because I really do know the difference between an l and an i. Honest.

Guest Anonymous

Conuly's not the only one with this journey ahead of her. I had no clue who these people are until now, so I did what you said, MamaJunebug, and googled. I've only just begun to read up on them, and already I'm mind-boggled and gobsmacked. :shock: The children's names alone are the most smug and insufferably, sanctimonlously, holier-than-thou that I've ever heard of in my life. :doh:

My favorite Bradrick moment is Kelly modestly rolling under the fence in her skirt so as not to risk defrauding anyone by climbing over it.

Second favorite is FJ's collective WTFing at the nazi-esque Bradrick.org logo and the speed at which Petey yanked the whole thing down, fleeing our scorn.

Third favorite is Dougie and Petey's epic starcrossed bromance.

My favorite Bradrick moment is Kelly modestly rolling under the fence in her skirt so as not to risk defrauding anyone by climbing over it.

Second favorite is FJ's collective WTFing at the nazi-esque Bradrick.org logo and the speed at which Petey yanked the whole thing down, fleeing our scorn.

Third favorite is Dougie and Petey's epic starcrossed bromance.

Which resulted in one of the best bromance pictures to ever grace the interwebs - (This is where I was going to link the pic of Doug and Peter sitting WAY too close together, but it looks like AthenaC deleted all of the images she posted in the LOLDoug threads because she went crazy when she left us. If anyone else can find it, please post!)

ETA - Found one, because watchdog is awesome - DougieAllosaur.jpg

Archived