IGNORED

Is Uriah okay?

Seven Severn

Once again Uriah has gone silent on Twitter. Does John have him up on blocks? Should we be worried?

The Maxwells had such a quiet spring as far as traveling, Uriah hardly got used. I hope he's not blaming the babies-to-be and is jealous.

I really missed those "Satan is sabotaging our trip and has caused Uriah to (insert bus problem here)." Maybe we'll get some of these in the fall.

They've been pimping their fall trip for several weeks now. They've still only a handfull of engagements booked..... :think:

Once again Uriah has gone silent on Twitter. Does John have him up on blocks? Should we be worried?

Perhaps John has been fondling Uriah's differential?

Uriah doesn't get as much action as he used to, he's probably gotten a bit rusty ;) I could just see one of the Maxwell boys sabotagging Uriah to give himself something to do. What else can they do all day? I'd be bored.

Let me get this straight: they call their bus Uriah? Is this pronounced the same way as urea?

ETA: I've found Uriah on facebook. I have no idea what I'm looking at, but it's hilarious.

Let me get this straight: they call their bus Uriah? Is this pronounced the same way as urea?

ETA: I've found Uriah on facebook. I have no idea what I'm looking at, but it's hilarious.

Yes, the bus is named Uriah. I always assumed it rhymed with "Jeremiah" and all those names. He was a soldier in King David's army who was an incredibly loyal fighter, so that is why they named their ever fighting, tirelessly working, bus after him. A soldier for God!

King David also slept around with the loyal Uriah's wife. Not to mention sent him to the front lines to be killed. I was always amazed that the Maxwell's named their bus after a Hittite cuckcold. :P

Uriah still posts on facebook. ;)

I'm not on Facebook :( Twitter is all I have Uriah-wise.

Am I the only one who honestly does not think it is that strange to name a vehicle?

Uriah is feeling left out with the new babies on the way.

Am I the only one who honestly does not think it is that strange to name a vehicle?

I think it's the choice of name ;)

I had a mate who named her car Henrietta. She got funny looks too.

Ah, this is the Maxwells we're talking about.

Ah, this is the Maxwells we're talking about.

Given it's them, naming their bus is practically whimsical and free spirited.

Guest Anonymous

This.

I preferred it before they explained the meaning and we all thought it was Uriah the Heap, because of the continual breakdowns... :p

This.

I preferred it before they explained the meaning and we all thought it was Uriah the Heap, because of the continual breakdowns... :p

:bow-blue:

I had a mate who named her car Henrietta. She got funny looks too.

My first car was a Corolla with no traction, so I called it the Hockey Puck of Doom. My second car was a Buick Skylark with the "k" missing from "Buick", so I called it K-less. My current car is Supercar.

My family always names their cars. But we are strange so :mrgreen:

The classic Uriah post for me was:

"Do they serve Pepsi at fundie wedding receptions? Teri wants to know."

My mom had a 48 Chevy coupe when I was a kid, we called it Elsie.

My first brand new car was a 1974 AMC Gremlin that I named George.

We've named most of our cars. They are you know, part of the family.

We had a mini we called Minnie, and a VW caravette which we therefore called Max.

I have friends who argued over whether cars were male or female, so they named their (now no longer with us) car Jeffrey Anne :D

Archived