IGNORED

Anna & Chris's baby may be coming soon.

Justme

I'm going to assume that her contractions weren't particularly painful ones. I know with my son I had tons of times where I would start having contractions that never reached the really painful point then stop after a short while. However if she is trying to encourage labor getting up and walking around would have been better then bible study.

You can pray the baby out, dontcha know :D

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wonder if they are homebirthing on the compound with Terri, Chris, and Dad in attendance? Ewwww......

Yes, walking would have been better than reading.

Wonder if they are homebirthing on the compound with Terri, Chris, and Dad in attendance? Ewwww......

Yes, walking would have been better than reading.

For some reason, I'm guessing they aren't the homebirthing type. I don't think any of the Maxwell children were born at home, were they? And of course Melanie's high risk pregnancies were very medical so those don't really count. But Stevie should know and enforce that no fundie Christian worth his weight in sin should be born in a hospital.

Hands up if you'd like to be at your inlaws whilst having contractions with your first baby.

Anyone?

Not as if they have any other options ... that we know of, anyway.

Hands up if you'd like to be at your inlaws whilst having contractions with your first baby.

Anyone?

Yeah... NOPE! I didn't even tell my mom I was having contractions and would soon be going into labor. It was like 8.30 at night and I said "Nope, nothin' yet!" Two hours later my water broke. 9 hours later the babe was born. I knew if SHE knew she'd be calling every 15 minutes during my labor saying "How close are you? Is the baby here? What's going on? "

Seriously, I LOVE my in-laws - more than I like most of my real family, actually - but that was such an intimate time for husband and I, waiting to see if contractions were becoming regular, getting ready for the big moment. I would HATE to be surrounded by a bunch of people, with random family members holding onto my belly like it's theirs. I get that they're all about family, but jeez, can't some special moments be "couple's alone time?"

You can pray the baby out, dontcha know :D

If the baby has any sense, that might make him/her try to stay in.

Anyone?

I'd rather be in a midnight fire at sea.

I get that they're all about family, but jeez, can't some special moments be "couple's alone time?"

This makes me have some _very_ horrible ideas of their wedding night... :shock:

This makes me have some _very_ horrible ideas of their wedding night... :shock:

Oh, I'm pretty convinced they didn't consummate their marriage on their wedding night. Can you imagine the guilt Christopher had to deal with about getting up the morning of his wedding knowing sex was wrong and then saying a few vows and listening to a speech about death and then later on being able to think sex was okay? Uhhhh, talk about a mind-fuck.

They look happy now, so they've probably figured out the intimacy end of things, but it did take her almost a year to get pregnant. Do the math there.

I'd rather be in a midnight fire at sea.

Amen. I didn't want my family (especially my crazy in laws) within a 25 mile radius when I had my babies.

Oh, I'm pretty convinced they didn't consummate their marriage on their wedding night. Can you imagine the guilt Christopher had to deal with about getting up the morning of his wedding knowing sex was wrong and then saying a few vows and listening to a speech about death and then later on being able to think sex was okay? Uhhhh, talk about a mind-fuck.

They look happy now, so they've probably figured out the intimacy end of things, but it did take her almost a year to get pregnant. Do the math there.

I hope you're right. They had lots of time to get to know each other (it looked like they did not know each other AT ALL before the wedding) and have a few steps between having the first hug/kiss and going all the way. Of course, it would be advisable to know the person you are marrying BEFORE the wedding but we know how it is with fundies... I think it would be good for all the young fundie couples to spend some "just the two of us" time with their spouses, getting to know each other properly and maybe establish some own habits and traditions before the quiver starts to fill up at the rate of one arrow per year. Nathan & Melanie probably have some pretty solid relationship as well since they spent quite a few years together before getting pregnant.

I've always wondered about the S'Mortons (and now B&D Lane) and their wedding night/honeymoon babies. Do these couples _really_ know each other?? "Hi, I'm Michael Junior and this is the woman who lives with me, takes care of my kids and regularly has some sweet fellowship with me. And that's all I need to know."

WHen you see Christopher and Anna together, they look really happy.

Not the pretend happy smile that the oldest daughter has to give.

Dear Sarah Maxwell,

For the love of God, please learn how to keep the tense in your blog posts consistent and have subject/verb agreement. Jesus, Mary and Joseph your writing makes me want to stab my eyes out with dull sticks. Please relay a message to your Mom that her futile attempt at teaching you English was an epic fail. Please go pray to Jesus and ask him to make you a better writer. While you are praying, please note my corrections to your post.

Regards,

Diva

Anna Marie’s due date is this Saturday! Contractions are kicking in and become becoming more consistent. Last night, when she and Christopher were over, contractions were coming at a steady clip for awhile. Anticipation and excitement is are really building as we realize Baby baby (not a proper noun, no need for captial B) will be making his/her appearance hopefully soon.

Anna Marie’s due date is this Saturday! Contractions are kicking in and become becoming more consistent. Last night, when she and Christopher were over, contractions were coming at a steady clip for awhile. Anticipation and excitement is are really building as we realize Baby baby (not a proper noun, no need for captial B) will hopefully be making his/her appearance hopefully soon.

Sorry I had to fix the end of the last sentence as well. I've spent the last four days marking English essay tests and word order issues are giving me headaches.

Anna Marie’s due date is this Saturday! Contractions are kicking in and become becoming more consistent. Last night, when she and Christopher were over, contractions were coming at a steady clip for awhile. Anticipation and excitement is are really building as we realize Baby , and hope that baby (not a proper noun, no need for captial B) will hopefully be making his/her appearance hopefully soon.

Sorry I had to fix the end of the last sentence as well. I've spent the last four days marking English essay tests and word order issues are giving me headaches.

Sorry, had to fix it again. In that last version, "hopefully" used as an adverb does not modify anything.

Anyone?

My friend had an awful labour with her daughter but what made it worse was her husband's mother constantly popping her head round the door to see if he wanted a cup of tea or a bacon sandwich.

Sorry, had to fix it again. In that last version, "hopefully" used as an adverb does not modify anything.

Oh yes, that is much better. My brain is incredibly mushy from reading really bad essays for four days

Who wants to start placing bets on some names?

Over at Nathan and Melanie's house we have Abigail Hope and Bethany Faith, there was poor Susannah Joy (RIP) - So I think the name Grace (someone mentioned Grace up the thread) will be held for them in case it's another girl-how can we not have Joy, Hope, Faith and Grace? All they then need is a leaf from the Jeub's book and use Love.

Chris and Anna, if it's a girl, I certainly hope we don't have any repeats (enough with adding Marie to everything and changing siblings names-isn't Anna Maries little sister also called Sarah, so the Maxwells was changed to Gracie?) . I think they will follow Fundie tradition though, so if it's a girl, I bet it she will be a Rebekah, Priscilla, Lydia, Hannah is too similar but that doesn't stop anyone, Leah? (perhaps Leah is too worldly and cool but I think it's biblical).

For boys, there are far too many Johns. I bet a Matthew, Mark or Luke. Either that or they go the "hardcore" fundy route and dig out the "Iah" names like Josiah, Isaiah, Jedidiah, Jerimiah, (although I think they know the Duggars so maybe not).

Threw in a comma after 'hope' and decided it should be 'the baby', not just 'baby'.

Who wants to start placing bets on some names?

Over at Nathan and Melanie's house we have Abigail Hope and Bethany Faith, there was poor Susannah Joy (RIP) - So I think the name Grace (someone mentioned Grace up the thread) will be held for them in case it's another girl-how can we not have Joy, Hope, Faith and Grace? All they then need is a leaf from the Jeub's book and use Love.

Chris and Anna, if it's a girl, I certainly hope we don't have any repeats (enough with adding Marie to everything and changing siblings names-isn't Anna Maries little sister also called Sarah, so the Maxwells was changed to Gracie?) . I think they will follow Fundie tradition though, so if it's a girl, I bet it she will be a Rebekah, Priscilla, Lydia, Hannah is too similar but that doesn't stop anyone, Leah? (perhaps Leah is too worldly and cool but I think it's biblical).

For boys, there are far too many Johns. I bet a Matthew, Mark or Luke. Either that or they go the "hardcore" fundy route and dig out the "Iah" names like Josiah, Isaiah, Jedidiah, Jerimiah, (although I think they know the Duggars so maybe not).

I wouldn't call those hardcore fundie names, their popular biblical names(so is Leah). I think they'll use biblical names just like Nathan and Melanie. I'll guess Lydia or Daniel.

I wouldn't call those hardcore fundie names, their popular biblical names(so is Leah). I think they'll use biblical names just like Nathan and Melanie. I'll guess Lydia or Daniel.

My vote is either Lydia or Jonathan (which I know isn't biblical, but it just seems to fit their faces, if that makes any sense). Lydia Grace (if they are allowed to use that middle name) or Jonathan Christopher.

Threw in a comma after 'hope' and decided it should be 'the baby', not just 'baby'.

*thumbs up* (in that fundie way)

I best Christopher does the same thing Nathan did to choose the names of his girls and opened his Bible, and whatever woman he was called by god to read about, well that was the name of his new daughter. He then told Melanie what the name would be and she, of course, agreed.

My vote is either Lydia or Jonathan (which I know isn't biblical, but it just seems to fit their faces, if that makes any sense). Lydia Grace (if they are allowed to use that middle name) or Jonathan Christopher.

Jonathan is biblical

Archived