IGNORED

Maxwell's Mothers Day post:

Justme

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Poor Sarah's empty womb, heck -- I bet she'd dissolve to be able to bear-hug a man who's neither a Maxwell nor an octogenarian! Forget being 30 and a virgin ... AFAWK, She's never held hands, sat close to a man, laid her head on a male's shoulder, kissed even on the cheek.

You hear about late bloomers, but gadz!, I don't know how she's stood the lack of ANY sort of affectionate, non-familial touch! Especially seeing her Non-reversal brothers getting the whole megillah...

Gah, Steve is a wanker. I made a rather polite post on there asking about grandparents. This was Steve-O's reply:

We include Teri’s parents on Mother’s day.

Yeah Steve, what about YOUR mother? She might be in a nursing home but I'm sure she love a visit from her son. Even if she is too far gone to notice, YOU STILL VISIT YOUR MUM.

He disgusts me.

Gah, Steve is a wanker. I made a rather polite post on there asking about grandparents. This was Steve-O's reply:

Yeah Steve, what about YOUR mother? She might be in a nursing home but I'm sure she love a visit from her son. Even if she is too far gone to notice, YOU STILL VISIT YOUR MUM.

He disgusts me.

Include "parents" on Mother's Day? Odd. Will Father's Day be all for Steve, with T's parents included?

Wonder what Steve believes will happen to his own mom's soul after death? Does he pray for her even though her memory essentially is erased by that foul condition?

I think he posted once that his mom no longer recognizes him. Still, as someone posted above, You See Your Parents Anyway -- because if nothing else it is good for *your *own soul/spirit.

My guess: Steve & Teri co-rule, and back each other up in their familial micromanagement or neglect. That's probably not a new idea around here, but it's only just occurred to my pea brain.

Sarah is gonna snap one day and beat the shit out of all of them with a muffin tin.

Congratulations! You win this morning's 'I was reading FJ on the smartphone because I woke up before the alarm went off [thank you, cat who attacked the window trying to get to the pigeons beyond] and I laughed out loud which caused my husband to ask sleepily what was so funny' award.

So does Teri get a backrub on Mothers day?? And yes Steve should go see his mom..or at least acknowledge her for giving birth to him, raising him after his dad left...(oh right its her fault he left :roll: )

what a Tool!

OK, own up, who is 'Marge'? Sister of 'Patti and Selma' and frequenter of 'Moe's'?

I woke hubby up laughing when I saw that response!

OK, own up, who is 'Marge'? Sister of 'Patti and Selma' and frequenter of 'Moe's'?

Sweet Baby Jesus, I just read it, too. OMG- Marge, you are awesome! Are you from Springfield? Is Homer your hubby?

:lol: I swear I peed a drop. :oops:

Guest Anonymous

Own up, john hugh... :D

Own up, john hugh... :D

The only thing that would make that post perfect is to find a few chipmucks to feed! :lol:

Sarah is gonna snap one day and beat the shit out of all of them with a muffin tin.

I am still laughing my a$$ off about this, a full day later.

THANK YOU for this!

I am still laughing my a$$ off about this, a full day later.

THANK YOU for this!

TY Rosie, lots of times my dry humor doesn't translate well :D

Did you see this?

Sola says:

May 13, 2012 at 5:40 pm

We celebrate Mother’s Day in March here in the UK, though I agree that mothers are truly a blessing. As a mother myself my children always do their best to make Mother’s day (every day in fact!) a special time for me.

The hardest part of Mother’s day for me is now my dearest Grandmother is not longer with us. Over the last few years Grandparents day has been pushed commercially here in the UK, though I always included my Grandmother on Mother’s day – after all she was a Mother, she was a GrandMother! I dearly loved her and miss her every single day.

Do you celebrate Grandparents Day in the US? Or do you include your Grandparents on Mother’s day?

>>>>>>>>>>>>

We include Teri’s parents on Mother’s day.

(emphasis mine)

Wow. Now that's cold.

I can't believe I'm defending Stevie-boy, but I do kind of understand the issue with including his mother in their Mothers Day celebrations. I think she is in the same place (possibly worse) than my dad was before he died with Alzheimers. Honestly, my dad swore up and down that he NEVER had children, that he had never married. This is tough stuff to deal with, especially for my mom, who spent a lot of hours in tears over it. And the day my dad looked at me and asked why I was visiting and did I have folks who lived in the area (yeah, REAL close), it felt exactly like the earth shifted on its access. I don't think you ever truly get over that kind of thing. I think you can cope, but people who say it doesn't bother them are probably fooling themselves.

There is no right or wrong thing to do in these cases, and I don't think it's really fair for others to judge. Each family handles these situations as well as they can. Maybe the Maxwells could do better, but I suspect it's just too, too painful. Steve's probably aching a bit about it...or maybe not. But I'm not going to judge.

I can't believe I'm defending Stevie-boy, but I do kind of understand the issue with including his mother in their Mothers Day celebrations. I think she is in the same place (possibly worse) than my dad was before he died with Alzheimers. Honestly, my dad swore up and down that he NEVER had children, that he had never married. This is tough stuff to deal with, especially for my mom, who spent a lot of hours in tears over it. And the day my dad looked at me and asked why I was visiting and did I have folks who lived in the area (yeah, REAL close), it felt exactly like the earth shifted on its access. I don't think you ever truly get over that kind of thing. I think you can cope, but people who say it doesn't bother them are probably fooling themselves.

There is no right or wrong thing to do in these cases, and I don't think it's really fair for others to judge. Each family handles these situations as well as they can. Maybe the Maxwells could do better, but I suspect it's just too, too painful. Steve's probably aching a bit about it...or maybe not. But I'm not going to judge.

Steve has mentioned his mother's nursing home is near one of his sisters, at sister's request. So while I agree it is very painful, apparently his sister manages to deal with it. I doubt any family member of any patient with Alzheimers would say it doesn't bother them.

I think the post that bothered me was when Sarah bragged that her family had just been to the grandmother's nursing home...eight months earlier. Seriously? This is a family where no one works a nine to five job. They honestly couldn't make a three hour trip more than 2 x a year?

This is a man who passes judgement on others for; watching t.v., playing sports, having business lunches with the members of the opposite gender, going to school outside the home, and on, and, on, and on.

So, uh, yeah, I think I will sit in judgement of him.

"What some may call Mothering Sunday"

lmao, I love you Marge! Whoever you are!

The weird thing about the grandparents mention, to me, is just that he's answering a question about if they include thoughts of their grandmothers, or honoring them just by themselves at home even if they're not there, on Mother's Day or if they have a separate day (FWIW, in Japan there's a holiday for honoring old people in mid-September, most grandparents get special recognition then). Even if he doesn't VISIT his mother for the various reasons mentioned (and I can kinda understand, yeah) you'd think he'd at least be thinking OF her on the day, sharing stories with the kids or whatever. Not "oh we remember my wife's parents, yeah."

All that said, of course Steve has posted previously about having trouble with his parents (when they were young and still mentally untroubled), his parents divorced and he has very much not forgiven them. It's a theme in his writing, he's not going to break up his family (due to straying with women??? but that part is just my guess) like his father did, throwing away a good marriage, etc etc etc.

So... dunno.

This is so sad... It can't be coincidence that all these fundie boys get wives the minute they set eyes on one, but the girls...

God helps those who help themselves, Sarah. Just like the story of the drowning man...

Well, I'm going to judge. My father had Alzheimer's for the last twenty years of his life--thankfully a slow progression--but in his last few years, he did not generally know who I was when I visited, which I did about four times a year (I live >1500 miles away, so going to see him was no small effort or expense). My sister, who lived near him, was at the nursing home every night to get Dad ready for bed. My visits to Dad were (1) for those brief moments of recognition, (2) out of love and respect for who he was--I remembered who he had been even if he didn't, and (3) to give my sister a little break. Steve could go once a month, show respect to his father, model good behavior to his children--how exactly does he expect them to treat him if he ends up old and forgetful? right now he's teaching them to stash him away and forget about him--and give his sister a break.

Oh dear. I just went and actually read "Marge"'s comment. I'm not a huge fan of fake comments tbh, but the line

She loved the day and cannot wait to see me next year.
...touché. And
Mother’s are a blessed blessing.
*handslap* Shame on you, Marge!

Archived