IGNORED

Maxwell's Mothers Day post:

Justme

Lovefest for Teri, of course. Shout out's to Anna, Mel and a few "what some would call a friend" women who've lost child(ren). Nothing for Grandma Gigi or Steve's Mother. :naughty: Without those two strong women, this cult clan would not exist......

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love how you can't type their blog address without first typing the word 'tit'. Quite an accurate description of Steve, really...

Also, this just in: Sarah is GAGGING to have a baby, the whole post reeks of desperation...

Yes, shame on Sarah for not mentioning either of her grandmothers in this post.

And also for writing "sister-in-laws" rather than "sisters-in-law".

(snip)

Also, this just in: Sarah is GAGGING to have a baby, the whole post reeks of desperation...

That's what I thought. And it reads as if she's describing the life she imagined for herself, rather than praising her mother. And then she finishes with:

My heart aches for the wives who have never been able to bear a child and who desire for their empty arms to be filled. May you be like Hannah, who cried out to the Lord. “For this child I prayed; and the Lord hath given me my petition which I asked of him.†1 Samuel 1:27

Sounds quite desperate and sad to me.

Did you forget your Mom and Dad's Moms? They played a pretty important part in your folks growing up. Your dad going to the far east always knew his mom was there for him and when your mom went to college her mom was only a phone call away.

Do you think Steve will allow this past his censorship?

Even on Mother's Day there has to be a mention of death! Nothing about grandmothers, but always time for death.

Do you think Steve will allow this past his censorship?

No I don't think it will make it past Steve, but good job working in how each parent got to lead his and her own life.

I do think Sarah will add tributes to both grandmas very shortly at Steve's request.

Is Terri shopping for 3 households because Melanie and Anna are too far along to do their own shopping?

Is Terri shopping for 3 households because Melanie and Anna are too far along to do their own shopping?

I think she does the shopping for grandpa and gigi. Given the post about cleaning Melanie and Nathan's house, I would guess they are the third family. Of course this begs the question as to why Nathan can't do the shopping for his own family. Leave and cleave my ass.

I thought Mary shopped for Melanie when she went over to clean on Fridays (I know way too much).

I wonder if she's shopping for Grandpa/Gigi and maybe the other Grandma who is still around, or is that the relative who is out of state? If so, then I guess it's for Melanie and I guess in addition to cleaning, Mary has to make a few casseroles to get Nathan through the week. I know turning on an oven at 350, putting in a quantity of food and making sure it comes out an hour later is really tough work, for women only. Bedridden Mel probably has to do that, plus cook the sides. Who does the dishes (or puts them in the dishwasher)? Abby? I imagine putting stuff in a machine, adding detergent and hitting a button would make Nathan's head explode. And as for emptying it! God forbid.

Anywhoo, depressing as usual. Interesting she Steve used the example of Hannah; is Steve trying to imply that he's the prophet who will be instrumental in selecting new leaders? Don't forget, that line ended pretty badly with all the debauchery of wise ole Solomon.

I think she does the shopping for grandpa and gigi. Given the post about cleaning Melanie and Nathan's house, I would guess they are the third family. Of course this begs the question as to why Nathan can't do the shopping for his own family. Leave and cleave my ass.

Cause he's to busy playing Spiderman swinging from ropes in the tree's with his brothers. :snooty:

Sarah's heart aches for the wives who have never had kids. I have been reading between Maxwell lines long enough to know that she is aching because her own childless existence. She isn't even a childless wife. She's got nothing. She is as far from what she wants as she's ever been and no season with the Moodys will sooth that.

It was such a typical Maxwell diatribe. God is great, but we're better. God blessed us and we are even more blessed because we have mom and dad.

If Sarah is so desperate to have babies, then why doesn't she get up off her pathetic backside and go out and make it happen? You can't sit at home pining away for a man and expect him to be dropped on your doorstep. You need to go out and meet people. Jeez! It's not rocket science.

If Sarah is so desperate to have babies, then why doesn't she get up off her pathetic backside and go out and make it happen? You can't sit at home pining away for a man and expect him to be dropped on your doorstep. You need to go out and meet people. Jeez! It's not rocket science.

She's steeped in a household where you don't ever ask for anything, you don't even ask your human relatives directly if you can return to camp to check out the chipmunks again - no, you pray to God for it, and hope it happens (meaning: you hope Daddy overhears). And Daddy probably isn't too interested in her leaving just yet.

It's twisted.

Of course, if she really wants to break free, she is going to have to strike out on her own. But she's definitely got some mental baggage to chuck overboard first.

I would hope she'd start small, try some sort of volunteer gig or similar in their town. Leavenworth Kansas is not exactly bereft of "nice Christian" types. But the Maxwells are just SO damn out there in their restrictiveness, any touch of the outside seems to be anathema. But, if she's going to start, probably that would be the way to start. Surely there's a soup drive or something...

I thought Mary shopped for Melanie when she went over to clean on Fridays (I know way too much).

I wonder if she's shopping for Grandpa/Gigi and maybe the other Grandma who is still around, or is that the relative who is out of state? If so, then I guess it's for Melanie and I guess in addition to cleaning, Mary has to make a few casseroles to get Nathan through the week. I know turning on an oven at 350, putting in a quantity of food and making sure it comes out an hour later is really tough work, for women only. Bedridden Mel probably has to do that, plus cook the sides. Who does the dishes (or puts them in the dishwasher)? Abby? I imagine putting stuff in a machine, adding detergent and hitting a button would make Nathan's head explode. And as for emptying it! God forbid.

Anywhoo, depressing as usual. Interesting she Steve used the example of Hannah; is Steve trying to imply that he's the prophet who will be instrumental in selecting new leaders? Don't forget, that line ended pretty badly with all the debauchery of wise ole Solomon.

IIRC, Steve's mom has Alzeheimer's and lives in a nursing home.

After reading that post, I do feel sorry for Sarah to a certain extent. She is doing nothing to help herself.

Sarah sounds so depressed in the last sentence where she is talking about married women who have not had children. I feel that she is making the married women a thin veil for her own womb that is begging to hold a baby.

Surely there is a man out there for her somewhere. Rachel Wissmann is 30 and she met a man last fall, the courted, they are now engaged and will be married in June. I don't know how Rachel found this godly man, but perhaps Sarah can meet one too this summer and be married by the holidays.

Because Sarah has been brainwashed since childhood to believe that questioning Steve God will land her in eternal damnation. And even if she did manage to get past that mental baggage, she has no knowledge or resources to help her out in the big bad world. Why does anyone put up with abuse? The worst part of abuse isn't the bruises (you can abuse someone without laying a finger on them), but the emotional and mental fuckery that controls a person and keeps them there.

IIRC, Steve's mom has Alzeheimer's and lives in a nursing home.

Mary is only 15. I doubt she'd be allowed to grocery shop. She may tag along with Teri. Most supermarkets play ebil elevator music. I don't think Stevie would want her anywhere they play ebil music.

It looks like a couple of comments called them out for not mentioning the Grandmas. Hey Steve, how about a visit to your mom? It's been months and months since you've gone, hasn't it?

This is hypothetical because I know the answer, but honestly you'd think sarah could look around and see that it's impossible for the immediate Steve Maxwell family to ne the only people in the universe who are doing it right.

Archived