IGNORED

Maxwell Cat Cruelty!

Guest purposing

Guest Anonymous

OK, I seem to have it in for them tonight.

This is what they did back in 2006, all in aid of drawing an illustration for one of Sarah's yawnsome books......

http://www.titus2.com/blog/index.php/20 ... or-spring/

Behind-the-scenes look at a photo session for Spring….

Today, a neighbor’s cat is acquired (with permission ), so our Golden Retriever, Honey, can tree it so we can photograph the scene for our artist to sketch an illustration for Spring with the Moodys….

Cat is encouraged to run up the tree. (As a side note, we put the cat near the tree and THEN let Honey out. Of course, the cat ran up the tree, as Honey excitedly ran toward the tree!)

Honey is encouraged to jump up and look at the cat. Hmmm… Cat climbed higher than we wanted! If you notice, the cat is way up in the fork of the tree.

They deliberately scared a cat to run up a tree because their illustrator lacked the imagination to draw somthing from her imagination. WTF? I hope the Moody's don't need diagrams war or famine (or dying OAP home residents :shock: ) for the Winter Days project....

The Maxwell Translator just blew a fuse. All it manage to get out before the screen went blank was WTF?

That's horrible! If someone did that to any one of my cats, I would not be amused.

:evil:

Wow, their illustrator must be pretty crappy if he/she can't imagine a cat in a tree. I have to wonder if this was an outdoor cat that was used to climbing trees.

Cat issues aside, Sarah looks genuinely happy in one of those pictures, it's nice to see!

The did it TWICE!

Okay, another try. We opted for a shorter tree this time. Honey had been put away and then brought back again as John put the cat on the tree and channeled it the direction he wanted

I have no words.

My dog recently got scratched on the eyeball by a cat.

I recently got scratched on the eyeball by a cat.

We have a new kitten, she likes to attack our faces while we sleep. This is what happens when I open my eyes at the wrong time.

I guess googling a picture "cat chashed up tree by dog" and trying to draw that would have been too hard? Or how about Christopher taking a picture of this fuckery and be done with it!

I would be happy to let Sarah use my dogs for the picture "Steve chashed up tree by catahoula's" we can even try a couple times and give him different trees, my dogs won't mind. (did I mention catahoula's CAN climb trees? "))

I recently got scratched on the eyeball by a cat.

We have a new kitten, she likes to attack our faces while we sleep. This is what happens when I open my eyes at the wrong time.

Oooouuuuuuuch!

Wow, their illustrator must be pretty crappy if he/she can't imagine a cat in a tree. I have to wonder if this was an outdoor cat that was used to climbing trees.

Cat issues aside, Sarah looks genuinely happy in one of those pictures, it's nice to see!

Well, sure, she does. She was 25, surely she'd be married & enjoying life with her own husband *any *day *now...

I guess googling a picture "cat chashed up tree by dog" and trying to draw that would have been too hard? Or how about Christopher taking a picture of this fuckery and be done with it!

I would be happy to let Sarah use my dogs for the picture "Steve chashed up tree by catahoula's" we can even try a couple times and give him different trees, my dogs won't mind. (did I mention catahoula's CAN climb trees? "))

I vote for that!

These people are weird (on top of being cruel). I mean how hillbilly do you have to be to recreate an imaginary scene described in a book so that it can be illustrated?

Pray for some brains next time!

How could someone not imagine a cat chased up a tree? That shows a distinct lack of any imagination, probably beaten out of them as children. My cat hooks his paw into my bottom lip to wake me up and that feels weird and furry and then if I feign continued sleep he paws me in the fact with his clawed paw since declawing is cruel they both have their claws so the one who suffers is me. I do trim their claws but a paw in the face will bring you face to face in a way I would prefer to avoid.

You know, they're lucky that cat didn't turn into a hissing ball of fury when they kept bringing it up and down that tree. One of my cats is the sweetest thing, until you try to handle him when he doesn't want to be handled. He had a vet visit recently, and it was like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, the hissing, screaming banshee he turned into in the exam room. I'm surprised my vet managed to not get bit.

You know, they're lucky that cat didn't turn into a hissing ball of fury when they kept bringing it up and down that tree. One of my cats is the sweetest thing, until you try to handle him when he doesn't want to be handled. He had a vet visit recently, and it was like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, the hissing, screaming banshee he turned into in the exam room. I'm surprised my vet managed to not get bit.

HAHAHAHAH!

Our new kitten did that on her most recent vet visit. The vet actually asked us if we ever hold her to get her used to it. She made us look like such bad pet parents!! We hold her all the time but on this visit she was just determined not to be held. Luckely, she weights 3 lbs so it's easy to get control of her. Our 16lb guy, not so much!!

Oooouuuuuuuch!

It happened in the middle of the night, and I was still able to wear contacts today so hopefully no permanent damage. Ugh, I was SO angry, it was a real test of my patience to pick her up, firmly tell her "no" and then place her on the ground. This is how we are trying to "train" her not to attack us in our sleep. I have the feeling she will grow out of it before our "training" works. It's funny now that our older formerly the "crazy" one is now the "good cat". kittens *sigh*

Isn't having a dog a distraction from living an ascetic life? I mean, you might even have fun with a dog! (Oh no, I used the f-word!)

Sigh. This reminds me of the time when I was 5 and had just recently gotten my first cat and my cousin visited. My uncle taught him that cats always land on their feet, so my cousin spent the entire weekend throwing my cat around. I was so upset.

My dog recently got scratched on the eyeball by a cat.

Oh, that's sad. Someone was just telling me a couple of days ago that can happen. I hope your dog recovers soon.

I and my cat would be beyond pissed. My cat even as fat, lazy and just plain mean would scratch the living hell out of Steve long before Steve was even able to touch him. My girl cat would cower in tree afraid of the dog, robins, clouds and tree bark and would never be seen again. She would be hence know as Tree Cat.

Tree Cat;

I'm writting a book about a MAN being chased up a tree. Can I use Steve for a model? Course, I'd probably forget to get him down.... ;)

Ugggh. Our 11 year old 20 pounder would just claw to pieces anyone who dared come close. He's close to being on his last legs (He's been sick with a respiratory problem the past 3 months), but still can make it known he is displeased. He hasn't been "treed" in awhile (our rottie wants to play with him, and he does not want to oblige, and a chase ensues, where the cat ends up perched on top of a shelf, counter, table, etc) and I doubt he wants to be again, with his illness (due to no apparent recovery, the vet suspects it is a tumor, and we love him to death but can't afford chemo or any special treatments let alone diagnosis itself).

That poor cat!!! and poor neighbor, too- I dunno if they knew what they were doing with the cat- if someone was going to do that, I wouldn't let them borrow our dogs or cat ( no need for the dogs to get a new habit, they already have some bad enough ones, haha).

The Maxwells have a dog?! I'm shocked. It seems like it might be too much *fun* and therefore be evil. Or was this before they went full-blown crazy?

The kids had asked for a dog and Steve said no, but that they were welcome to pray about it if they wanted. So they did, and then Jesus changed Steve's mind and told him that it would be okay for them to get a dog. Then the Holy Spirit used the dog to convict Steve of the fact that he was being an selfish jerk to his wife, and that he should start treating her at least as patiently and affectionately as he treated the dog: titus2.com/corners/10-00-d.htm. This was back in 1998, though, so I'm sure if the same situation cropped up now no way would they have a dog. Playing with it and walking it have too much dangerous potential for fun.

One time my indoor cat got lose and climbed up about 30-40 feet up in a tree. He was meowing pitifully but we didn't have a ladder to get him down so he eventually was able to work his way back down, he nearly jumped on top of two un-suspecting pedestrians.

Bet she got to scrub bed pans at the nursing home for a month for that happiness.

Archived