IGNORED

Michelle's Mothers Day

Visionoyahweh

http://parentables.howstuffworks.com/fa ... entos.html

He explains it that it's like a mom going through the valley of the shadow of death giving birth, and so he always tells them, "You be grateful to Mom and tell her 'thank you,' and don't ever take for granted that you're alive." Jim Bob also tells his Mom that he owes her his life, and that he wouldn't be if it weren't for her.

And of course the only thing they can say about Michelle's abilities as a mother is that she's given birth. Giving birth does not make someone a mother. If giving birth to them is all she's ever done for her kids, she's not even close to a good mother. Had they never been born they wouldn't know the difference. The J'Slaves are the ones who deserve thanks this Mother's Day.

Michelle needs to hear from my mother, who is in her mid-80s and has always been a wonderful parent.

When we wish her a happy Mother's Day, she laughs and says something along the lines of one (or all) of the following:

"You make every day Mother's Day for me, and I think every day should be daughter's/son's day, as well."

"Why do people make such a fuss over mothers? People become parents because they want to. You didn't ask to be born, and don't owe me a thing."

"I think it's just a way for card and flower sellers to make money."

I remind her of all of the work, worry and expense involved in raising us, but she still insists that having children is essentially a self-centered act, so her children owe her nothing.

BTW, her children do plenty to make her life easy and happy, but it's not because someone made us feel guilty because she "risked her life giving birth" -- it's because we love her and she richly deserves it.

Michelle needs to hear from my mother, who is in her mid-80s and has always been a wonderful parent.

When we wish her a happy Mother's Day, she laughs and says something along the lines of one (or all) of the following:

"You make every day Mother's Day for me, and I think every day should be daughter's/son's day, as well."

"Why do people make such a fuss over mothers? People become parents because they want to. You didn't ask to be born, and don't owe me a thing."

I remind her of all of the work, worry and expense involved in raising us, but she still insists that having children is essentially a self-centered act, so her children owe her nothing.

BTW, her children do plenty to make her life easy and happy, but it's not because someone made us feel guilty because she "risked her life giving birth" -- it's because we love her and she richly deserves it.

thoughtful, your mother seems like a lovely person, and someone who understands the real role mothers do day in day out, and it's very refreshing to hear someone say the things you have about their parent! You are lucky to have her :)

I just wish Michelle Duggar realised the real meaning of the word 'mother', but I can't see that happening anytime soon. Having children is both a priviledge and social responsibility for ensuring your children are loved, educated and brought up to realise their own self worth as they become adults.

Every Mothers Day I give my DD a gift, its simple there would be no Mothers Day for me without her in my life.

thoughtful, your mother seems like a lovely person, and someone who understands the real role mothers do day in day out, and it's very refreshing to hear someone say the things you have about their parent! You are lucky to have her :)

I just wish Michelle Duggar realised the real meaning of the word 'mother', but I can't see that happening anytime soon. Having children is both a priviledge and social responsibility for ensuring your children are loved, educated and brought up to realise their own self worth as they become adults.

My words are not adequate to describe how great my Mom is, and what good friends we are. I got very, very lucky.

And, with you, I doubt Michelle will ever understand what motherhood could be, at its best.

I always loved Mother's day because it was a day that meant focusing on being a family. No sports games to run to, no scouting events, no running off to play at friends houses. A day to spend as a family just enjoying each other, maybe doing something fun like a picnic or a trip to the zoo or maybe doing garden work together. I doubt Michelle sees it as a day to focus on family but more like another day that focuses on her and her magic uterus.

Michelle and her kind do their best to keep gay people and single people from being able to adopt and give children a loving home. But, then they also wouldn't touch an orphan with a ten foot pole, let alone give that child a home.

What kind of mother is that? I can't understand how anyone who calls themselves a loving mother who values life and considers children blessings could callously work to enact laws that would keep countless numbers of children languishing in foster homes and institutions rather than safely ensconced in a loving home where they could celebrate mothers or fathers day or both with a family instead of just watching their classmates celebrate it and wonder whether they will ever have a parent to give a card to.

(sorry for the Faulkneresque sentence!)

I wonder if any of the younger kids acciently give their a buddy a mothers day card.

Some of the younger ones might get confused and think one of the older girls is

Mommie cause they always take care of them.I know Jennifer used to hang on

One of the older girls all the time.

Michelle and her kind do their best to keep gay people and single people from being able to adopt and give children a loving home. But, then they also wouldn't touch an orphan with a ten foot pole, let alone give that child a home.

What kind of mother is that? I can't understand how anyone who calls themselves a loving mother who values life and considers children blessings could callously work to enact laws that would keep countless numbers of children languishing in foster homes and institutions rather than safely ensconced in a loving home where they could celebrate mothers or fathers day or both with a family instead of just watching their classmates celebrate it and wonder whether they will ever have a parent to give a card to.

(sorry for the Faulkneresque sentence!)

Hey, well her own children are pretty much languishing in an institution :(

I wonder if any of the younger kids acciently give their a buddy a mothers day card.

Some of the younger ones might get confused and think one of the older girls is

Mommie cause they always take care of them.I know Jennifer used to hang on

One of the older girls all the time.

In a strange way, it's kind of like the little kids are being raised by four same sex parents. They are cared for solely by their four older sisters. It's a bit ironic when you consider how much fundies hate the concept of same sex parenting.

I know that real same sex parenting doesn't actually look like the sister moms but it does put their theory of children needing both male and female influences into a weird perspective.

Soooo even the way they celebrate mother's day is a thinly veiled political statement.

THIS. Having a baby is something you do for yourself, not for the baby. It can't be healthy to constantly remind kids how close they came to never having existed.

You know, I will say that while I agree with the sentiments expressed here, there are women who did give their lives for the life of their child...they truly did walk through the valley of the shadow of death and didn't come out on the other side.

Archived