IGNORED

Eat your hearts out quiverfullers

SpeakNow

I wish TLC would do a series about this kind of family. I think it's fantastic that they made such an effort to keep bio siblings together in an adoption, which is really hard to do. I remember TLC did do a one-time special about a different family that adopted many children, either on Kids by the Dozen or some independent thing right before that. And they seemed a lot more deserving of a series than the Duggars but I guess then TLC couldn't push their Evangelical Christian agenda.

It's hard to tell much from such a short clip, but it seems like these kids are absolutely not raising their siblings the way the Duggars are. I do have some concerns about having such a large number and giving them all individual attention, but at least they are trying to do it themselves which is more than the QF parents can say.

Are these adoptions legal? I didn't hear Jesus mentioned.

Seriously, what a wonderful thing - real family, and Christian, values in action.

Hmm, if they'd adopted two unrelated and then taken on their siblings it would have made more sense, but to keep adding after they already had 6 because "what's the difference"? It seemed a little weird. But I guess if there are kids out there who need homes...

They do seem to spend lots of time with them - and the parents were cooking and nail cutting, not the older siblings! I really hope it works out well and the kids all stay close to the parents and each other as they grow up. The kids were well-behaved but they didn't look very happy to be on television.

What was happening in the video - why did the father stop talking in the middle and say "sorry" and look uncomfortable? Did they have people telling them what to do in earpieces?

Children are like flowers, those you didn't grow in your own garden should be loved and cherished just the same.

I wish TLC would do a series about this kind of family. I think it's fantastic that they made such an effort to keep bio siblings together in an adoption, which is really hard to do. I remember TLC did do a one-time special about a different family that adopted many children, either on Kids by the Dozen or some independent thing right before that. And they seemed a lot more deserving of a series than the Duggars but I guess then TLC couldn't push their Evangelical Christian agenda.

It's hard to tell much from such a short clip, but it seems like these kids are absolutely not raising their siblings the way the Duggars are. I do have some concerns about having such a large number and giving them all individual attention, but at least they are trying to do it themselves which is more than the QF parents can say.

This. The kids also seem to have their individuality, which is nice to see.

Oh I just love them! I forgot about them, read an article years ago but I forgot their names.

I look at this family and it makes me so happy they have those opportunities now. My parents, even though they were appointed legal guardians of me, had to fight tooth and nail to adopt me and even to take initial custody, a battle they'd never have had to fight were they a straight couple. They wanted to adopt again when I was young but were prevented (not formally, but functionally and structurally) from doing so.

I'm in my early 30's and only this year got the siblings I so wanted, and my parents got the 2nd child they always wanted plus a 3rd, which they never even dared to dream of. :)

One is a month older than my oldest, the other is a couple months older than my second oldest. Both from foster care.

Reading stories like this and looking back on my own family, formed a decade or so too early, makes me realize and be thankful for how far we've come, even though we still have so far to go.

What's your biggest challenge? "Scheduling" - scheduling all the kids' activities. Take that Duggars! Kids can have outside activities even if you have a slew of them. And this pair doesn't have adult children who could take the younger ones in the car to batting cage or whatever if required.

Love this family.

An54BZGC4mQ

I'd rather have children in their care than one of these 'so called' christians.

In the Netherlands, we have a gay couple like them as well.

Many foster and adopted children. One of the children was abused and neglected and they wanted to adopt him. The child's family agreed untill they found out, the parents were two gay men and they objected.

Fortunately the judge decided they were allowed to adopt. The boy is fine now, a happy child!

dHi3jpyb_SI

Both of those families are incredible, thanks for sharing! I hadn't seen them before. What incredibly loving parents who are so invested in the care of their children! I'm in awe. This is a completely different world from QF forced obedience, conformism, and ignorance...

Always nice to see good stories too :)

It looks like the Netherlands family clip is part of a whole documentary? I'll have to watch it later when I have more time...

Now THAT's love.

Definitively, REAL GENUINE love and REAL GENUINE smiles too!

Love this family :dance:

Archived