IGNORED

The Avengers

Seven Severn

Whoa. Terrific movie. BF and I saw it last Friday morning. We splurged and went the 3D route and it was very cool. If you haven't seen it yet, make sure you stay until the last credit has rolled. And I mean the last credit (it takes a while). We're going to see it again tomorrow afternoon. It's a very, very fun movie.

I went last Sunday and also saw it in 3D. It was awesome! Unfortunately, we had to leave as soon as the credits rolled because our friend had to use the bathroom and had been waiting the whole movie! Can you spoiler for me what happened at the end?

I was waiting for someone to make this topic. I'm a massive comic book nerd and I've been eagerly awaiting (as in, watching all the trailer over and over again) this movie from about a month before it opened. I've already seen it twice and may see it a third time (I haven't seen it in 3D yet)

I loved it. Lots and lots of fun. RDJ as Tony Stark will always make my day.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally saw Avengers, without seeing any of the previous movies. Thought it was great (Jose Whedon is awesome!!). But can someone tell me

who was the red guy at the end, after the credits?

?? We did get Captain America from Redbox on the way home - is that related to my question? Gotta see later if the library has the other movies - they aren't included in Amazon Prime's free movies.

Finally saw Avengers, without seeing any of the previous movies. Thought it was great (Jose Whedon is awesome!!). But can someone tell me

who was the red guy at the end, after the credits?

?? We did get Captain America from Redbox on the way home - is that related to my question? Gotta see later if the library has the other movies - they aren't included in Amazon Prime's free movies.

According to my husband, it's

Thanos and apparently he's usually purple/blue, obsessed with nihilism and eventually falls in love with Mistress Death

According to my husband, it's

Spoiler:

Thanos and apparently he's usually purple/blue, obsessed with nihilism and eventually falls in love with Mistress Death

Okay, so it's not what I was thinking.

We thought the big "reveal" at the end was the Red Nazi Guy from Captain America (Hugo Weaving/Elrond).

So, was

Thanos

in any of the earlier movies? I've seen one of the Hulk movies, way back when, but other than that we jumped in on the deep end. I got the impression we were supposed to recognize the post-credits surprise, but without seeing the movies or reading the comics (but we watch Big Bang Theory LOL) I was clueless.

As you can probably see from my new icon, I loved the movie (especially Loki, but I also love Bruce Banner). :P

I've seen it twice so far, and I have plans to see it again soon, since my dad wants to see it too and he hates going to movies alone.

Also, it cracked me up when I realized this, but,

the security guard guy who finds Bruce Banner in the abandoned warehouse when he changes back from the Hulk is the same guy that plays the Prophet Roman Grant in Big Love. I don't know why, but that is hilarious, and now I can't stop thinking about an Incredible Hulk/Big Love crossover- "HULK SMASH POLYGAMY!

I went to a midnight showing with a bunch of friends. LOVED it!! I want to see it again.

As you can probably see from my new icon, I loved the movie (especially Loki, but I also love Bruce Banner). :P

I've seen it twice so far, and I have plans to see it again soon, since my dad wants to see it too and he hates going to movies alone.

Also, it cracked me up when I realized this, but,

the security guard guy who finds Bruce Banner in the abandoned warehouse when he changes back from the Hulk is the same guy that plays the Prophet Roman Grant in Big Love. I don't know why, but that is hilarious, and now I can't stop thinking about an Incredible Hulk/Big Love crossover- "HULK SMASH POLYGAMY!

Loved Tom Hiddleston as Loki! This is a movie I'll definitely be purchasing when it comes out.

It's definitely on the list of movies my fiance' and I both want to see. After all, we enjoyed Captain America.

So, was

Thanos

in any of the earlier movies?

As far I know, know, Spoiler Person hasn't appeared in any of the other movies, just the comics.

As far I know, know, Spoiler Person hasn't appeared in any of the other movies, just the comics.

Okay, thanks! I wondered if it would make more sense after watching the other movies, but apparently not. I admit, I watch a lot of superhero movies (mostly X-men & Avengers so far), but the closest I get to comics is old issues of Archie Digest that I get at the library sales for a nickel. :) And the Big Bang Theory. I am reading a Green Lantern graphic novel right now, but it's also a little confusing without all the backstory. Good for fluffy summer reading though.

Archived