IGNORED

Kansas, You Suck.

muffynbear

http://www.aclu.org/blog/reproductive-f ... -deny-sick

This bill would also require public hospitals to turn away a woman who desperately needs an abortion to prevent serious harm to her health. The extremists pushing this bill would have a hospital tell a very sick woman that she should come back when her pregnancy is about to kill her, even if that risks her future fertility or causes organ failure.

And there's a provision that targets workers at women's health centers that provide abortion care. The bill could prohibit those workers from volunteering at their kids' school. We've seen a lot of bizarre provisions about women's health care, but this is one of the strangest. Imagine the nurse who helps care for women at the local clinic. When she wants to accompany her son on a class field trip will she be told to stay home unless she quits her job?

My mom's from Oklahoma and we're a very proud people in OK. We have a joke:

Why is Oklahoma so windy?

Because Texas Sucks and Kansas Blows

Guess it ain't just a joke anymore.

I abhor violence, but I have to say, I'm having some pretty wicked fantasies right now. This is the first time I've seen this particular provision in that bill and the whole thing is beyond words. I think I might actually need to throw up.

What the fucking fuck?

Oh, but they're just so pro-life, amirite? They care about life so much that they're willing to let people die for it! Wait, what?

This is why I will never concede the term "pro-life" to people who are against abortion. My pro-choice self has saved more lives than any of them.

This bill would also require public hospitals to turn away a woman who desperately needs an abortion to prevent serious harm to her health. The extremists pushing this bill would have a hospital tell a very sick woman that she should come back when her pregnancy is about to kill her, even if that risks her future fertility or causes organ failure.

That's just nuts.

Some conditions, you KNOW, 100%, that the fetus is NOT GOING TO SURVIVE. Sure, right now it's doing fine, but due to conditions, it's KNOWN there are NO chances for it to live. AT ALL. The fatal wound has happened already, we're just playing out the script.

But we're supposed to wait until the actual moment of crisis? Of course, I suppose those fundies are thinking that at any moment their god (the same god who they think made the doomed pregnancy, I suppose???) COULD potentially step in, so the woman should wait and pray? That's effed UP.

It's like the sinking of the Titanic - shortly after the thing was punctured, those in the know, including the captain and chief engineer, KNEW, 100%, stuff was doomed, the boat would sink. But people on board didn't see things leaning crazily yet, everything seemed to be normal so far, they were living in a bubble of ignorance for that last hour and a half, but they were already doomed. They should have abandoned ship earlier, y'know?

Archived