Peas n carrots

I'm actually looking forward to the movie. My mom and I generally disliked each other growing up, but we did share two things - watching Seinfeld and Dark Shadows reruns together.

The original was so terrible, yet the storylines were always engaging. We even enjoyed the early 90's revival with Ben Cross (which only lasted one season).

I love Tim Burton and Johnny Depp movies, so I'm looking forward to seeing their spin on Dark Shadows! I rarely go out to see movies but I'm making a point to see this one tonight!

There is an echo in here...really no other Dark Shadows fans? :-(

I've watched a good chunk of the original show and I did like the 1991 revival. As for the movie, I've read some bad reviews and based on the trailer, it seems they went the comedy route. I might see it this weekend or sometime during the week.

I liked it as well. I do however think it could have been better. Depp was perfect for the part of Barnabas.

I really liked it until the last 30 minutes, which I thought were kind of boring. I think the problem was there were too many competing storylines...if it were up to me I would have canned Dr. Hoffman. There just wasn't enough time to give the storyline justice, and it felt like Tim Burton only kept the part in so is wife would have a role.

But I did think Johnny Depp nailed Barnabas too.

The only part that was totally weird for me was when the girl turned into a werewolf.

I understand why she did but it didn't really seem to have anything to do with the story.

Archived