IGNORED

Susanna Keller has a new boyfriend

NJMom

Sorry if this has been mentioned already...but even though her FB page appears to be gone, her Google account is still open. She had pictures posted from May 3 of pancakes, posted in the shape of "I love You" on there, and said that Jonathan made her a great breakfast. Some people seemed really worried about her since they hadn't seen or heard anything since Priscilla's wedding. It doesn't appear that she returned to her parents or their lifestyle.

So do the Kellers flat out shun her, like an Amish type thing? I thought she and Anna were really close.

I don't believe so. She was in her sister's wedding back in February, and her entire family was there, from what I remember. She went to a family reunion with her siblings back in the fall (but her parents and little brothers that live at home didn't attend) and she was living with her older married sister in Texas , most likely still is.

Good for her! Yeah, from the pics it appears that she has not moved back to the fundie lifestyle. There are pics with the new BF in which she is still wearing jeans, and one where she's in a sort dress. There's also a pic of her and her entire family including parents so hopefully they're at least on descent terms. I wish her well.

This is good news! I hope he's a nice guy, understands what she's been though, and treats her right. I wish her all the happiness in the world. She deserves it. I haven't done much research, but it sounds me that she's the exception and not the rule when it comes to young adults leaving their fundie families. From I can tell just by reading here, leaving can be just as hellish and staying.

This is good news! I hope he's a nice guy, understands what she's been though, and treats her right. I wish her all the happiness in the world. She deserves it. I haven't done much research, but it sounds me that she's the exception and not the rule when it comes to young adults leaving their fundie families. From I can tell just by reading here, leaving can be just as hellish and staying.

Agreed. She's likely still Christian, so that probably helps things.

I thought I saw that son and his wife in Priscilla's wedding video. Could be mistaken but I thought he was there.

Haven't the Kellers shunned one of the sons too?

The Parents have yes. Daniel and his wife make decisions in a way that mortally offends them, together with him apparently a lot of the time listening to her. The horror. :o

I googled and found this thread at the old board that explains a lot of it. http://freejinger.yuku.com/topic/7204/S ... 604qdnrSSo

ETA: At least some of the other kids still talk to him though, he was at the reunion as well.

I'm happy for Susanna, as long as she is happy! From the pictures, she is definitely still mainstream and has not gone back to her fundie lifestyle. I know she had a rough patch recently over her broken engagement but I'm glad someone she has a new person in her life. I wish her the best!

Archived