IGNORED

Duggars, Ray Comfort, & other wackos in San Diego 10/20/12

0 kids n not countin

For those who are or will be in San Diego on 10/20/12, perhaps you need to stop by the Calvary Chapel for the 180 Conference:

Equipping Christians to stand up for life-

In September 2011, Living Waters released its most important film to date—a documentary titled "180". The documentary marked Living Waters' first international effort to address the issue of abortion. To date, there are more than 2.5-million views of the documentary on YouTube, with 38,000 comments. Almost 700,000 copies of the DVD have been sold and given away to people around the world, with more than 200,000 distributed to students attending universities, colleges, and high schools across the United States.

The purpose of the 180 Conference is to equip Christians to stand up for life. This will be accomplished by presenting attendees with biblical teaching regarding the Christian worldview, as it pertains to the life of the unborn; as well as teaching regarding how to effectively share the gospel of Jesus Christ when engaging people in conversation about abortion.

Francine Rivers will probably be there too. I would love to go to snark on some of the shit they say. If I was a parent, I would be pissed if my kids were given a copy of 180 at school.

I have a feeling I need to arrange to be out of town that day.

Ugh, I know this church. I'd have to find a frumper and avoid a couple of people I know who go there. Also they want $49 for attending. I'll have to decide if the entertainment value exceeds the pain of listening to some of those people.

http://www.180prolife dot com/

The purpose of the 180 Conference is to equip Christians to stand up for life. This will be accomplished by presenting attendees with biblical teaching regarding the Christian worldview, as it pertains to the life of the unborn; as well as teaching regarding how to effectively share the gospel of Jesus Christ when engaging people in conversation about abortion.

Oh, is that all they wanted? I can help!

Here's what the Bible says about abortion.

Swear to God, I'd camouflage myself to look like a fundie ,then start yelling things in the middle of the service.

Also they want $49 for attending. I'll have to decide if the entertainment value exceeds the pain of listening to some of those people.

Do it!!

Let's start a contribution pot, I'll donate a buck or two!! ;)

So are they all going to tape their mouths shut and give out pictures of aborted feti? Fundies did that here for Halloween...

I live in San Diego, too! I actually gasped out loud when I read the post title. It's not every day that this kind of crazy comes to my part of the country.

It's in Chula Vista, though. Too far to drive with the gas prices being what they are, and I wouldn't be able to enjoy it the way you all can. Oh well. I'll live. :)

I see that Pam Tebow is also speaking... maybe there will be a duggar/Tebow courtship... At least Tebow has the $$ to support a duggar girl the the lifestyle to which she is accustomed.

• 2 weeks later...
Francine Rivers will probably be there too. I would love to go to snark on some of the shit they say. If I was a parent, I would be pissed if my kids were given a copy of 180 at school.

Bringing this up to note this has actually happened.

A movie comparing abortion to the Holocaust was handed out to students at Wagoner High School.

Now parents demand answers.

The movie titled "180" opens with images of Hitler and the Holocaust where 6 million Jewish people were killed in concentration camps in Nazi Germany.

After a brief discussion between the host and the interviewees, the conversation then turns to abortion and compares the two. It’s a movie with a clear pro-life message, and it found its way into classrooms and hallways of the school.

"She said that she had seen a DVD in school that basically said that if you have an abortion then you are no better than the Nazis and you will go to hell,†says concerned parent, Marty Angus.

Angus was furious after his stepdaughter came home and told him she had seen it in class.

“She said well, we went to our lockers on break and there was a note that said come pick up your free DVD,†says Angus.

We did some checking with the district, officials tell FOX23 a local family asked the principal at the school if they could give the DVD to students. The answer was yes, but only if the students got parental consent first.

Superintendent Marte Thompson told FOX23 a student aide accidentally handed out the movies before the school got the needed consent. Once they realized the graphic nature of the movie, they confiscated all the DVDs and returned them.

“When I contacted the principal about it he said he was very apologetic and very sorry that it came out like this, and this was not the way it was supposed to have been handled,†says Angus.

But for Marty, an apology is not enough.

"I thought it was graphic and a clear violation between church and state and it was just awful to be shown to a high school student,†says Angus.

There's more at the link (yes, it's a local Fox Noise station): http://www.fox23.com/news/local/story/M ... KtGsA.cspx

OK, I graduated from high school 34 years ago, but the admin didn't let us hand out stuff then...WTF was the administration thinking here?

I see that Pam Tebow is also speaking... maybe there will be a duggar/Tebow courtship... At least Tebow has the $$ to support a duggar girl the the lifestyle to which she is accustomed.

I don't know why people keep speculating about a Duggar courtship with some semi-celebrity family. There was also some speculation with the Santorums. But the Tebows and the Santorums don't do the courtship thing. The Duggars are extreme even for ultra-conservative Christians. And a family of reality tv "stars" is way too low for any of these families anyway, even if they did do the courtship thing.

Another San Diego area person here. If it weren't 50 bucks and like an hour away from me, I'd consider going for the lulz. But hey, cool that there are several San Diego FJers!

• 3 months later...

I went searching for the info about this one thinking maybe I'd go if I was bored.

It's been canceled due to lack of registrations (interest)!

Swear to God, I'd camouflage myself to look like a fundie ,then start yelling things in the middle of the service.

We could go as a couple, mother and son and then glitter bomb them all as we were being dragged out by the coppers.

I went searching for the info about this one thinking maybe I'd go if I was bored.

It's been canceled due to lack of registrations (interest)!

Great! And they are blaming it on the economy! :lol: :lol:

"180 Conference - Canceled

Due to the turbulent economic times around the country and a low initial registration response, Living Waters has made the painful decision to cancel the “180 Conference†and refocus our ministry efforts. Thank you for your understanding and for your continued passion and concern for the unborn and the unsaved. "

Great! And they are blaming it on the economy! :lol: :lol:

"180 Conference - Canceled

Due to the turbulent economic times around the country and a low initial registration response, Living Waters has made the painful decision to cancel the “180 Conference†and refocus our ministry efforts. Thank you for your understanding and for your continued passion and concern for the unborn and the unsaved. "

I'm surprised they didn't add, "Please help us stop abortion so that people don't murder future registrants for our conferences."

I don't know why people keep speculating about a Duggar courtship with some semi-celebrity family. There was also some speculation with the Santorums. But the Tebows and the Santorums don't do the courtship thing. The Duggars are extreme even for ultra-conservative Christians. And a family of reality tv "stars" is way too low for any of these families anyway, even if they did do the courtship thing.

A Duggar would never marry a Santorum. The Santorums are ebil Papists, so while politically convenient, are still being damned straight to hell.

A Duggar would never marry a Santorum. The Santorums are ebil Papists, so while politically convenient, are still being damned straight to hell.

I wouldn't be so sure. Josh, at least, managed enough cognitive dissonance to maintain that Santorum's specific religious affiliations are not a problem. He claimed on his instagram that Catholics=wrong beliefs, but Santorum's relationship with christ is his own business :?

If they found the "right" potential spouse and the Duggarling in question was on board with the relationship, I don't think JB would have a problem throwing the whole courtship thing out the window. They would find a way to spin it, just like the Bateses have now changed their tune to "dating with a purpose". I would imagine they'd still push for the whole short engagement bit, and be very hesitant about publicizing the relationship until it was all but a done deal.

Guest Anonymous

I think the objections to such a match would come from the Santorum, not Duggar, side. Santorum can't have overlooked the fact that the Duggars are vastly inferior to his family socially and educationally. DimBub and Mullet are climbers, and clumsy ones at that. I just can't see Frothy agreeing to consign one of his kids to that ot mess.

I think the objections to such a match would come from the Santorum, not Duggar, side. Santorum can't have overlooked the fact that the Duggars are vastly inferior to his family socially and educationally. DimBub and Mullet are climbers, and clumsy ones at that. I just can't see Frothy agreeing to consign one of his kids to that ot mess.

Hmmm...I never considered the Santorum side since I believe the Duggars would automatically dismiss all Catholics as suitable marriage partners. There is the class and educational status thing, but I can't imagine Rick or his daughters being too keen on the whole submission thing. I had a Catholic wedding and was ready to tell the priest that I would not promise to obey. He cut me off and laughed, saying they don't do that anymore. Submission is not part of the standard Catholic wedding ceremony. If it's there, it's because someone requested it. So while the Catholic Church is mysogynistic, I don't think even fundie Catholics are as mysogynistic as Quiverfull fundies.

Talk about damning with faint praise.

I thought the Santorums were Catholic.

Papist is a derogatory term for Catholics that some Protestants use.

I think that Frothy being such a strict Catholic would object to any mixed marriage.

Well with the San Diego 180 fail-fest cancelled, Living Waters finances taking a huge plunge (hey the sheeple are feeling the pinch too Ray), Tony Miano being laid off (I'm not sure what is more frightening; Tony Miano at LW or Tony Miano in the wild), I wonder if Ray tried to get a donation out of the Duggars this week?

Something tells me that DimBulb would give very little to LW, if anything at all.

Archived