IGNORED

Preggo Lina

Beeks

Yeah, I'll remember, too, that it was something like 11-12 dollars per hour. I earned same when I worked part-time in a kiosk and we did live a couple of years with that salary (around 18 000 euros/year) when my spouse studied full-time (now it is vice versa). Food is more expensive here (and everything, really, this is said to be the most expensive country in the Europe) than it is in the US (food is 20-25 % cheaper in the US according to food price comparison charts) and what I envy most, variety of fresh vegetables, fruits and such. Envy. Much.

But food was never part of "living frugally" when it means "we have no money to buy everything". No, we did not bought fancy food such expensive cheeses and rare fruits but we never compromised with food. Of course, my parents own a small berry farm so we have free berries there and from forests as well as mushrooms. I am not vegan but I would imagine it is easier to buy vegan food in the US than it is to buy vegetarian food here. Believe me, I have been through that...When I changed to vegetarianism in the 1990s, basic vegetables like aubergines were rare and expensive and sometimes only vegetarian food available in restaurants was side salad.

It is just that I don't understand where their money goes if they don't have enough to buy it or if they have some other priorities than food and if he really works full-time. Hopefully this is just one month. I live frugally even though my spouse now earns more than I did back then. It is just something we both have learned at home. One of my guideline is that buy before you desperately need it because wanted item can be almost free now but very expensive when you really need it. I use this to food that preserves and to clothes, chemicals and such. This way I both save money and am prepared for rainy days.

I don't want this rambling to be anything like 'look how well I do, praise me'. I just hate to see when ideology and/or appearance is more important than well-being of the family. Truth is, I am not bringing any money to our household anymore than she is theirs. I am just worried that if they live extremely frugally now because they don't have enough money, what it will be later :( I have no comment on her weight, everyone is different. But I do comment that while being pregnant food is the least place to save.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A little off topic, but interesting nonetheless.

1. First, a sketchy photo of his brother that reminds me of the JD Duggar photo:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater

2. "Love"'s bio on his employer's website:

"AJ is a Judaism practicing Harley-Davidson riding eBook developer. He loves creating well designed and well scripted eBooks at work, and is excited to see the eBook world continue to grow and expand. In his spare time he likes to study Jewish literature, work out, go running with his beautiful future wife, and many similar activities. He looks forward to converting your plain old paperback into an exciting, new, colorful, awesome eBook!"

Check out his avatar that fits his TT nickname: http://ebookarchitects.com/about/index.php

1. Babies are expensive.

2. TT and Lina are self induced poor.

Both 1 & 2 make Lina a TT incompatible with parenthood. (and that's completely ignoring the dozens of other things that make them incompatible with parenthood).

"Love"'s bio on his employer's website: "AJ is a Judaism practicing Harley-Davidson riding eBook developer..."

If he keeps practicing, perhaps he'll get it right one day. I'm not holding my breath, however.

If he keeps practicing, perhaps he'll get it right one day. I'm not holding my breath, however.

I would bet the farm that AJ doesn't have a HD either. He may want one, but I seriously doubt he has one. Hell, he doesn't even have home internet. These two are up shit creek without a paddle.

I would bet the farm that AJ doesn't have a HD either. He may want one, but I seriously doubt he has one.

These two are up shit creek without a paddle.

Again, I ask what in fuck's name are they spending their money on? No 'net, no food...

Check out his avatar that fits his TT nickname: http://ebookarchitects.com/about/index.php

I'd love to hack into that website and change his bio to "Taliban Tony, eBook Architect"

aj.jpg

Taliban Tony

eBook Architect

He looks forward to converting your plain old paperback into an exciting, new, colorful, awesome eBook!
Does TT work as a wordprocessor, a typist? WTF is an eBook Architect?

Edited to state: I am not a hacker, and don't know the first thing about hacking.

Again, I ask what in fuck's name are they spending their money on? No 'net, no food...

Baby shower! Really :D veganaustin.org/topic.php?id=5117&r=35032 Wonderful priority to save money from daily food for that. Unless someone else is paying for it.

Baby shower! Really :D veganaustin.org/topic.php?id=5117&r=35032 Wonderful priority to save money from daily food for that. Unless someone else is paying for it.

Are you kidding me? A CATERED baby shower? So, she, who claims to looooooooove to cook, is having a catered baby shower when they can't even afford the food to feed their fetus? This confirms that they're choosing to not have enough food. Wow.

I can't get to that link but is she really throwing herself a shower? So tacky.

Also, what bad Internet experience is she talking about? The only one I can think of is her meeting TT. Does she just mean us snarking about her? Wah wah.

Also, what bad Internet experience is she talking about? The only one I can think of is her meeting TT. Does she just mean us snarking about her? Wah wah.

Looks like she is - I guess not many IRL friends left to do it for her. Sad.

And, Yes, I think FJ is exactly what she's talking about!

She says:

I'm having a baby shower this coming month, so I'm in need of a vegetarian/vegan catering company.

I've already e-mailed Green Island Catering Company. Are there any others? Or maybe there's some of the veg restaurants in town do catering?

Any recommendations would help!

I'll say that if you publish personal details about yourself and offend others with your posts, it is not worth of crying out. No-one is threatening her or her family nor using other information than that can be found just using google for a second. This was there, too. Available. Something she willingly shared in public. What you publish in Internet, stays there forever.

Who's she going to invite to her shower if she has no friends left?!

Who's she going to invite to her shower if she has no friends left?!

Is that what they call a "virtual" shower?

If they have an expensive apartment that has the washer and dryer in unit, and if TT is still paying on that Harley that he's riding, even if they live in an "inexpensive" area, they very well could be blowing their money on rent and motorcycle payments- When my husband and I first married, we moved into REALLY expensive apartments because the place we were before was the dump of the dumps. So, we, being young and foolish picked the nicest place we could find because we had been through hell. (Roaches, rats, gangs, appliances that didn't work that the rental co. refused to fix, shootings, a gristly stabbing murder in the next building. ) Add to that if they're paying "dues" to their fauxJew "synagogue"- that's a chunk of money too. AND she's not working. Even a 15 hour a week part time job at minimum wage would put a big dent into a grocery bill for 2 people who pretty much eat beans and rice.

They're gonna have an incredibly RUDE awakening. Especially if she's got issues breastfeeding and has to supplement.

Who the hell is throwing her a catered baby shower? Lina needs groceries, not a caterer. :roll:

I've hosted a couple of baby showers and the only work I hired out was the cakes.

Are you kidding me? A CATERED baby shower? So, she, who claims to looooooooove to cook, is having a catered baby shower when they can't even afford the food to feed their fetus? This confirms that they're choosing to not have enough food. Wow.

Typically people don't throw their own showers. I'm guessing her family are throwing it for her and offered to make it a vegan so she's doing the legwork on finding an appropriate caterer?

Or yeah maybe they are throwing their own shower. They probably need a lot of baby things.

My friend here threw her own baby shower. Of course she's french and her husband is from another country so they were just trying to do it the american way. I think it was nice, more like let's have a get together before I hibernate with the baby!

It's weird to now cook for your own shower though... maybe all of TT's family is coming and that's why? like a real wedding... lol

I don't think her diet looks bad at all! But I can't comment on the eating disorder things. It does seem to be mostly about food, and making the food for husband. But it seems pretty healthy and yummy.

Here's some suggestions for LaLina, she drops Brandy a quick PM and gets a loan of eleventy tons of wheat berries, she also PMs ZooZoo and has the ZZ send her some shortcakes. And Lina fuck the vegan BS eat some fat, your baby needs it.

Here's some suggestions for LaLina, she drops Brandy a quick PM and gets a loan of eleventy tons of wheat berries, she also PMs ZooZoo and has the ZZ send her some shortcakes. And Lina fuck the vegan BS eat some fat, your baby needs it.

So true, I eat way more than her, but I don't have a baby growing inside of me. Eat more. Make sure every snack and meal has protein, fat and carbs along with calcium, iron, b vitamines(folate, niacin and the like). Healthy body, healthy baby.

This is why I'm suspicious that her veganism is a cover for an eating disorder - veganism does not mean low fat, and most healthy (non-eating-disordered) vegans I know eat a relatively high amount of plant-based fat. I'm talking at least one avocado a day, lots of full-fat coconut milk, deep-fried things like tempura vegetables etc. Plant-based fat is cholesterol-free and helps you absorb vitamins - and is much much healthier than liver-destroying white rice :? Lina needs to get some legit nutritional advice.

For a pregnant woman LaLina's diet sucks. And if there is a shortage of food, TT should just suck it up and let his wife and child get their fill before he starts filling his face.

Lina, if you're reading here: No amount of "watching what you eat" is going to keep you looking the way you did before you got pregnant. You cannot hold onto the stage of life you were in before you got pregnant. No matter what you do, your body is going to change irrevocably. Eat for your baby. Your baby needs fat and lots of it, to grow a healthy brain. Your baby needs protein to grow a body, calcium for bones, folic acid to prevent midline defects, plenty of water for a safe cushion of amniotic fluid.

Eat tempura vegetables. Eat hush puppies, good and greasy. Eat coconut pudding. Drink almond milk. Make bean and barley soup so thick your spoon will stand up in it, fragrant with herbs, and eat it with thick slabs of toasted old-fashioned hearth bread for dipping. Snack on handfuls of cherry tomatoes and wedges of melon. Brush wedges of unpeeled potato with seasoned olive oil and bake them for eating hot with ketchup. If you find yourself overcome with longing for meat, or fish, or eggs, or cheese, eat what you crave. Trust your hunger. Trust your cravings. Eat for the baby.

If more pregnant women ate like Lina instead of using pregnancy as an excuse to gain excessive amounts of weight and eat junk, we would have a lot more healthy pregnancies in this country.

27% of US women of childbearing age are obese. Even just being overweight or gaining too much weight during pregnancy puts you at higher risk for gestational diabetes and pre-eclampsia. And around 70% of pregnant women gain more than the recommended amount. (Source: http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/05/2 ... ant-women/)

Judging from Lina's whole blog, but especially her post What Does a Pregnant Vegan eat (veggout.blogspot.com/2012/02/what-does-pregnant-vegan-eat.html), she IS consuming a well-balanced diet, even with her restrictions. No one here can ensure that she is eating exactly the right amount of food (not too much or too little), but the food she is eating is excellent: whole grains, flaxseed (Omega-3's), legumes, nutritional yeast (protein & B-12), tons of fruits and veggies, avocados (healthy fats), tofu (protein), lentils, smoothies, seaweed, peanut butter, tahini... what exactly is wrong with this?

I completely agree that there is also a risk of not gaining enough weight during pregnancy, but I don't think that what Lina has written even suggests that's what's happening with her. It seems like an effort to just find something, anything, she's doing wrong.

Archived