IGNORED

Preggo Lina

Beeks

Is anybody shocked that Lina couldn't resist posting a pregnant pic? Sorry if this has been covered - in on my phone.

In other news, apparently they can't afford to buy food. Awesome environment for kids, Lina!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have to say, one of my favorite things about being a housewife is the amount of time I have to come up with delicious and varied meals

And the handwashing of Lovie's underwear, that is also a plus! Sometimes I light a soy-cinnamon candle while I wash; it makes the room smell so deliciously fragrant. I would post a picture but I have had a bad online experience.

Yes she couldn't resist. I do have to say, though, to her credit, she takes some lovely food photos.

I wonder how the discussion about the photo went...

L: "Love? I'd like to post a photo of baby-love on my vegan blog for my loyal fans who are just dying to see that a vegan pregnancy can work!"

TT: "You remembered how to spell? I thought I helped you get the victory over that."

Wait till you have the kid love, then you won't have time for anything except changing shitty nappies and cleaning up spew. Kids are amazing but fuck they're hard work and I'm glad I went into parenthood with a decent man at my side and several years of growing up under my belt.

Good luck.

I don't think her diet sounds bad, as long as she's eating enough of it, and many people have less-than-full pantries at the end of the month.

I bet Jocelyn Dixon is very frustrated at her FakeJew protégé being married with a baby on the way when she had two failed courtships behind her.

It's not actually a picture of Life Inside, since the picture is being taken from the Outside.

Also, her diet sounds like what my husband ate before he met me (and still does when I'm not around), except that she has vegetables in her pasta and coconut with the dahl.

Umh...living very frugally right now so she hasn't been inspired to share meal photos yet "my favorite things about being a housewife is the amount of time I have to come up with delicious and varied meals". In other words, they don't have enough money to buy enough food but earning some money as a woman is feminist humbug?

For me my priority is that my family is fine. I know how often anti-feminists love to say that this 'fine' means extra car, brand clothes, jewels and whatnot. For me fine is that we have a decent place to live, enough food at the table and in the pantry/freezer. And sure as hell I will go to work if needed (at the moment I am an ebil university student, we don't have a car). At the moment I don't even take my student allowance because I want save those months later. Yet I feel like Croesus compared to this couple. I think they could do better if they wouldn't view formal education like something dog threw up on the carpet. He would more likely to earn better even if he had just an occupational degree.

If they don't have enough money for food now when there is only two of them, what will it be when their family size grows?

There is a time and place for tight ideology and for a common sense...When children come in the picture, it is not just you anymore.

Edit: damn you prepositions, my arch enemy!

The veganism in this case is really just a poorly masked eating disorder. The husband is an enabler at the very least.

The veganism in this case is really just a poorly masked eating disorder. The husband is an enabler at the very least.

I concur. Something about "manag[ing] to gain 15 to 17 pounds", as mentioned on April 27, seems a little too precise and a little too OMGI'mfuckinggainingweight,butit'sonlyalittleweight,right?

I concur. Something about "manag[ing] to gain 15 to 17 pounds", as mentioned on April 27, seems a little too precise and a little too OMGI'mfuckinggainingweight,butit'sonlyalittleweight,right?

ugh, no not really. Everyone here has been obsessed that she manages to put on weight. When she started the pregnancy she did not put on any weight and I'm sure it's an accomplishement to have been able to put that much weight. Honestly it's damn if she does damn if she does not. If she had not mentionned her weight people would have been saying she is hiding the fact that she does not put anything on, and if she does, then you are thinking it's too important for her. It's an important part of pregnancy, particularly if you put too much or too little early on.

Veganism is a way for many persons with eating disorders to deal with them, yes they're still sick, but does not mean they are underfeeding themselves. It means they've managed to put a control on their eating on a healthy condition, conditions of calories are gone, but she can safely give herself boundaries.

I can't decide if I think she has an actual problem with food, but she's definitely weird about it and pregnancy can magnify that. I managed to go through both pregnancies without broadcasting my weight gain (or in the second, without even knowing it). BUT I think I'm in the minority there. Weight gain is just another part of pregnancy and many women like to talk about it.

What worries me more is that they can barely afford food for the two of them. What if, for whatever reason, she can't breastfeed? How will they buy formula, especially vegan formula? What is she going to once blessings #2, 3, 4, etc come along? I know lots of people are stretched nowadays but most people don't buy into the nutty religious idea that they have to start popping out kids at 20 and not stop till they physically can't carry a child anymore. I'm worried. I really doubt TT has the earning potential to take care of a large family, and Lina is way too pretty to work. :roll:

Wouldn't it be fun if TT came back to defend his manly ability to provide? :D

ugh, no not really. Everyone here has been obsessed that she manages to put on weight. When she started the pregnancy she did not put on any weight and I'm sure it's an accomplishement to have been able to put that much weight. Honestly it's damn if she does damn if she does not. If she had not mentionned her weight people would have been saying she is hiding the fact that she does not put anything on, and if she does, then you are thinking it's too important for her. It's an important part of pregnancy, particularly if you put too much or too little early on.

Veganism is a way for many persons with eating disorders to deal with them, yes they're still sick, but does not mean they are underfeeding themselves. It means they've managed to put a control on their eating on a healthy condition, conditions of calories are gone, but she can safely give herself boundaries.

Ugh, yes, really. People who have recovered from eating disorders can spot others with them from a mile away and Lina has mentioned in the past that she has "issues" with food. Those don't magically go away, especially when you're suddenly alone half of the day when your husband is at work. I have a feeling they don't have enough food and that she likes it that way, because then no one can say anything. Also, with how absolutely tiny she was pre-pregnancy, I would think that she would need to gain much more than the average person would (for example, I'm at the low end of healthy and my doctor had told me to expect to gain about 35 pounds during pregnancy).

Ugh, yes, really. People who have recovered from eating disorders can spot others with them from a mile away and Lina has mentioned in the past that she has "issues" with food. Those don't magically go away, especially when you're suddenly alone half of the day when your husband is at work. I have a feeling they don't have enough food and that she likes it that way, because then no one can say anything. Also, with how absolutely tiny she was pre-pregnancy, I would think that she would need to gain much more than the average person would (for example, I'm at the low end of healthy and my doctor had told me to expect to gain about 35 pounds during pregnancy).

If your pre-pregnancy weight was in the healthy range for your height (a BMI of 18.5 to 24.9), you should gain between 25 and 35 pounds, gaining 1 to 5 pounds in the first trimester and about 1 pound per week for the rest of your pregnancy for the optimal growth of your baby.

If you were underweight for your height at conception (a BMI below 18.5), you should gain 28 to 40 pounds.

If you were overweight for your height (a BMI of 25 to 29.9), you should gain 15 to 25 pounds. If you were obese (a BMI of 30 or higher), you should gain between 11 and 20 pounds.

If you're having twins, you should gain 37 to 54 pounds if you started at a healthy weight, 31 to 50 pounds if you were overweight, and 25 to 42 pounds if you were obese.

Here's what I found and posted on another thread, she still has about 9 weeks, so if she gains a pound a week she'll be in the 25 pound range. I don't know her BMI either so how much she should gain is speculation.

It,s not like she is like those crazies who don't get check ups, she has check ups and obviously had an echo since they know it's a boy. And those are encouraged weights, I have a friend who just did not gain the advised weight because she just does not put on weight that easily (and I saw her at one month after her baby and she had no belly. like none. O_o). Lina seems to have a decent size belly for 31 weeks too...

I agree though that it is troubling and should worry her that at less than a year within marriage they run out of money, and only eat lentils and rice...

I wonder what TT thinks about asking parents for money. I know if my kid was in that situation, I'd buy her groceries to help her out. Not a good long term solution like leave this asshole, but seriously...

How are they gonna afford anything?

And do you think they are QF?

I don't think they've really comprehended the expenses associated with a baby yet. I bet you anything that they've done the fundie thing and rationalized that, "Oh, well, it won't need food for a bit because of breast feeding, and we'll use cloth diapers so we won't have to pay for disposables, we'll raise the kid vegan, so we don't have to buy milk or meat, plus we'll get the earned income tax credit, so we'll come out ahead!" It sounds all fine and dandy to them now, but when they have the next kid in a year (I have a feeling that they're QF), then another a year after, etc., they'll be screwed. But, then they'll home school and make all of the kids' clothes, so they'll save even -more- money! And make the kids sleep on Costco shelving, provided by Y-sh--/J-s-s, of course.

Maybe they bought the clothes diapers this month and that's why they're out of money... And I mean it's not like she was buying fancy food before...

I don't even understand how they're as broke as they are or where their money is going, honestly. I think I remember hearing that TT makes $50k a year (could be wrong and confusing him with someone else, though; I fail at FJ's search function) and I know they live in an area with a decently low cost of living. Our single income household within commuting distance to Manhattan makes about that, plus we live in a nice apartment, eat out in NYC at least once a month, have health insurance/a car/all of that good stuff, and we're paying off Mr. Burps' student loans. When Mr. Burps was in grad school, we lived on $20,000 per year in Washington DC without receiving any public assistance, which was no small feat--but we still weren't struggling to the point that we couldn't afford freakin' RICE.

As I said before, I just don't get what they're doing wrong and part of me is convinced that they're choosing, either consciously or subconsciously, to not be able to afford food. Why anyone would do that, I don't know. Then again, Lina and TT make a lot of decisions that make me wonder, "Who -does- that?"

I don't recall the 50K I mean does he even have a diploma? I thought he was working in a small fake jew business...? Seems like pregnancy is the worst time to try it out without money - food diversity is even more important then! (and it'S the base of veganism too).

I don't think they've really comprehended the expenses associated with a baby yet. I bet you anything that they've done the fundie thing and rationalized that, "Oh, well, it won't need food for a bit because of breast feeding, and we'll use cloth diapers so we won't have to pay for disposables, we'll raise the kid vegan, so we don't have to buy milk or meat, plus we'll get the earned income tax credit, so we'll come out ahead!" It sounds all fine and dandy to them now, but when they have the next kid in a year (I have a feeling that they're QF), then another a year after, etc., they'll be screwed. But, then they'll home school and make all of the kids' clothes, so they'll save even -more- money! And make the kids sleep on Costco shelving, provided by Y-sh--/J-s-s, of course.

I thought it was $12 an hour, which would make it something just under $24,900 a year before taxes (that's what I made at my last job). We had a combined income of about that much when we first got married and its the exact same reason we put off having kids for AGES.

I can't search for anything with "job" or "work" because the search function says they're too common (and when I try "Lina +work" [+ supposedly indicates words that must be found] or whatever, it just searches for "Lina", and tells me that it ignores "work"), so I'm having a hard time finding anything regarding TT's job. I'll keep looking and report back if/when I find anything.

Also, ilovetchotchkes, you could be right. Like I said, I may well be confusing him with someone else!

I think the Jeubs have made a point of mentioning that Chris makes about 50K a year. Which obviously doesn't go far with 14 kids in the house. The may have mentioned the same for TT as well, but that would actually be a very good starting salary for a young man with limited education and experience.

I found what I was looking for. It's $30,000 per year (with the initial pay being $12 per hour). Still don't get how they're so poor they can't buy rice, though.

Pay: $12 per hour (full-time) during 3-month probation, $30,000 annual salary afterward

Benefits: Health insurance stipend, paid holidays, 2 weeks vacation (all kick in after probation)

I found what I was looking for. It's $30,000 per year (with the initial pay being $12 per hour). Still don't get how they're so poor they can't buy rice, though.

Fundies can "afford" babies because not a lot of them have toys, they don't do organized sports or anything outside their church and home, they use old and used clothing, and they don't care if they are sleeping on good mattresses or care about their bodies so nutrition and clothing(like non-used shoes) are a luxury they don't have.

The first couple kids cost money but after that, it's only minimal food and clothing costs when things wear out....I wouldn't want it for my own child but I am not a fundie.

Archived