IGNORED

Jesse Maxwell's graduation photos are up!!

0 kids n not countin

Typical Maxwell evening. Bible time. Reciting verses. More bible time. Stop and smile big for the camera. Oh, look, the kids are cute. More bible time. Tell mom & dad how awesome they are; can't forget to worship the real idols in the family. Practical gifts. Use grand-dad as a prop to tell your story.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it would be depressing to graduate all alone. It just seems so lonely not to have friends to share the day with.

I think it would be depressing to graduate all alone. It just seems so lonely not to have friends to share the day with.

Agree.

The thing is the Maxwells offspring, especially the Reversal Gang, have never had friends. They don't know what they're missing, probably even fightened of forming friendships. I often wonder how many extreme fundy families like the Maxwells are out there. We only know of the Maxwells because of their blogs. What about the non-blogging fundies? It is nice the siblings enjoy each others' company ( I really hope they do, for their sake) but how do they manage to go through life without forming friendships? How did Chris and Anna begin their marriage without being friends? I believe Nate and Mel met at church when the Maxwells were allowed some outside friendships of very like-minded people.

That's what I get for not enlarging the pics. I just figured "to the left" meant the woman DIRECTLY to Anna's left, who was Melanie. The woman to HER left was Mrs. L, I guess. Don't see the tat.

I can't sleep, so I had to have a little fun..... PS the font in the speech bubble is named "This boring party".... not even joking.

I can't sleep, so I had to have a little fun..... PS the font in the speech bubble is named "This boring party".... not even joking.

Bwah ha ha! I'm surprised she wasn't required to wear thick socks to cover that thing up before entering the compound. And really, her dress is WAY too defrauding even without the tatt. You can almost see her knees. She's clearly the neighborhood hussy.

Bwah ha ha! I'm surprised she wasn't required to wear thick socks to cover that thing up before entering the compound. And really, her dress is WAY too defrauding even without the tatt. You can almost see her knees. She's clearly the neighborhood hussy.

Most def! Since she is wearing all black and has a tat, I bet she is the one the Maxwell's are trying to save from hell and damnation!

The whole thing is just... just... WEIRD!

A kid graduates from school. You have dinner, pray, then pray FOR them. One by one family members recite bible verses... it seems more like sending someone far away for a long time rather than a celebration of an achievment.

The whole thing is just... just... WEIRD!

A kid graduates from school. You have dinner, pray, then pray FOR them. One by one family members recite bible verses... it seems more like sending someone far away for a long time rather than a celebration of an achievment.

Yeah. But THEN, after all that, he's not even going anywhere!

According to a reply Steve made to a commenter on the blog about Jesse's graduation, Jesse future plans at the family IT business for the immediate, however Jesse would like to do missions. What this tells me is that Jesse may escape the family compound. Of course Steve added to this that they would have to wait to see what God does to lead to missions.

Jesse is an adult. If he wants to be a missionary he can go be one without Steve being part of the decision making process.

The thing is the Maxwells offspring, especially the Reversal Gang, have never had friends. They don't know what they're missing, probably even fightened of forming friendships. I often wonder how many extreme fundy families like the Maxwells are out there. We only know of the Maxwells because of their blogs. What about the non-blogging fundies? It is nice the siblings enjoy each others' company ( I really hope they do, for their sake) but how do they manage to go through life without forming friendships? How did Chris and Anna begin their marriage without being friends? I believe Nate and Mel met at church when the Maxwells were allowed some outside friendships of very like-minded people.

I think the Maxwells are one of the few really extreme fundie families out there. Some of the hardcore fundies are bit lax on some things. The Duggars at least allow their kids to hang around the kids of other fundie families. There have been pictures of older Duggar girls having lunch or dinner with girls from other fundie families. I think the J'Slaves have more friends and probably know what is like to have fun with friends more than the Maxwell girls do. I have observed other fundie families who only let their kids hang around with kids of other fundie families. These families are very much in control of who their kids can be friends with, but someone like Steve would never be satisfied with people who have may less extreme beliefs than him or different opinions on a few things. There are some fundie lite types who do hang around the more hardcore types.

I agree, the Reversal gang has never had friends and they really don't know any better. I think Sarah has basically been brainwashed into thinking that friendships are wrong. I sometimes get a smug vibe from Sarah. I bet if she was put into a room with fundie lite types or mainstream Christians, she would look down on them for different reasons. If Sarah was to escape from Steve, she would have a hard time making friends out in the world.

I think the Maxwells are one of the few really extreme fundie families out there. Some of the hardcore fundies are bit lax on some things. The Duggars at least allow their kids to hang around the kids of other fundie families. There have been pictures of older Duggar girls having lunch or dinner with girls from other fundie families. I think the J'Slaves have more friends and probably know what is like to have fun with friends more than the Maxwell girls do. I have observed other fundie families who only let their kids hang around with kids of other fundie families. These families are very much in control of who their kids can be friends with, but someone like Steve would never be satisfied with people who have may less extreme beliefs than him or different opinions on a few things. There are some fundie lite types who do hang around the more hardcore types.

I agree, the Reversal gang has never had friends and they really don't know any better. I think Sarah has basically been brainwashed into thinking that friendships are wrong. I sometimes get a smug vibe from Sarah. I bet if she was put into a room with fundie lite types or mainstream Christians, she would look down on them for different reasons. If Sarah was to escape from Steve, she would have a hard time making friends out in the world.

While I feel sorry for Sarah that she's been so isolated, I also feel like she's come of age and likely have some tendency of being "bossy", in order to carry on her father's legacy.

According to a reply Steve made to a commenter on the blog about Jesse's graduation, Jesse future plans at the family IT business for the immediate, however Jesse would like to do missions. What this tells me is that Jesse may escape the family compound. Of course Steve added to this that they would have to wait to see what God does to lead to missions.

Jesse is an adult. If he wants to be a missionary he can go be one without Steve being part of the decision making process.

Free Jesse!!!

Free Jesse!!!

I hope he does become a missionary, anything has to be better than staying at home with Steve...

Agreed! Really, why have none of them been missionaries? I'd love to hear Stevie's opinion about mission work. If he's so much out to change the world with his dog and pony shows in his trojan horse (Uriah), why hasn't he chosen mission work for his children? He's such an asshat.

I could see Steve having a negative view on mission work. He would come up with excuses about why he feels it is wrong. I have known few people who have done mission work and they are mainstream Christian/fundie lite types who Steve would view as too worldly. There are some hardcore fundies who do mission work, but I can see Steve having issues with them because they may not be as extreme as him. I do hope Jesse becomes a missionary, but I don't see it happening.

The weird thing is that in the "Hearts" book Steve (and Teri, presumably) remark about how their isolationist education has provided the real skills the kids need, and lists among them the ability to confidently speak the word, etc. Just reading it you'd think that "pastor" would be one possible occupation the kids could do.

Surely if they headed their OWN churches, alone, with only followers other than them, it might be okay? Goodness knows they shouldn't follow another pastor...

As for Sarah - in that same book she mentions that she went to a sleepover as a young child (before the family went full isolationist) and had some experience that she very much regretted (though she assures the reader that it was nothing really untoward or anything secular people would find a problem) and she's thankful that the reversal kids never had to have such experiences and have their precious spirits harmed or whatever.

It seems they're quite proud of their "innocence" and terrified of losing it. You can read similar paranoia on imamother frequently, moms terrified that some classmate of their kids will mention Barney or whatever it is and all the careful isolation from the secular world will ruined, and their kid will always have this one non-religious memory...

The weird thing is that in the "Hearts" book Steve (and Teri, presumably) remark about how their isolationist education has provided the real skills the kids need, and lists among them the ability to confidently speak the word, etc. Just reading it you'd think that "pastor" would be one possible occupation the kids could do.

Surely if they headed their OWN churches, alone, with only followers other than them, it might be okay? Goodness knows they shouldn't follow another pastor...

As for Sarah - in that same book she mentions that she went to a sleepover as a young child (before the family went full isolationist) and had some experience that she very much regretted (though she assures the reader that it was nothing really untoward or anything secular people would find a problem) and she's thankful that the reversal kids never had to have such experiences and have their precious spirits harmed or whatever.

It seems they're quite proud of their "innocence" and terrified of losing it. You can read similar paranoia on imamother frequently, moms terrified that some classmate of their kids will mention Barney or whatever it is and all the careful isolation from the secular world will ruined, and their kid will always have this one non-religious memory...

Wonder what happened...

I could see Steve having a negative view on mission work. He would come up with excuses about why he feels it is wrong. I have known few people who have done mission work and they are mainstream Christian/fundie lite types who Steve would view as too worldly. There are some hardcore fundies who do mission work, but I can see Steve having issues with them because they may not be as extreme as him. I do hope Jesse becomes a missionary, but I don't see it happening.

This could be because I really truly don't understand Calvinism but if they are Calvary Baptists, then wouldn't they believe that it doesn't matter that they can't really be shown god's love because they are doomed to hell anyways...I don't think I explained it very well but if they believe they are the elect and some aren't what's the point in preaching to people who are going to hell anyways?

Wonder what happened...

i bet they played telephone (evil gossip!) or light as a feather (devil worshipping!) or some other harmless game. Maybe they watched a Disney cartoon? Or the horrors of horror, maybe she stayed up past midnight, its the witching hour you know! :twisted: All things that would endanger a little girl's soul.

This could be because I really truly don't understand Calvinism but if they are Calvary Baptists, then wouldn't they believe that it doesn't matter that they can't really be shown god's love because they are doomed to hell anyways...I don't think I explained it very well but if they believe they are the elect and some aren't what's the point in preaching to people who are going to hell anyways?

Maxwells are not Calvinists. Calvinists look down the nose at people like Maxwells because they are not in a local church body, under the authority of a preacher and some elders. What you describe is hyper-calvinism - no point of preaching to the damned since they're damned. Maxwells are independant freewillers. Freewillers believe that a person decides by themself to believe. Calvinists believe that a person can only decide to believe when God enlightens them to do so. Aside from that, both groups may or may not have other issues, which may or may not cause them to or not to get involved in missions. :violin:

Yeah, that can't happen. Steve says having a friend is simply not worth the risk. Even a friend from church who shares your beliefs is not okay. He writes about this in his corners. Someone outside the family might say or do something unacceptable. You know, like have an idea or thought not planted by Steve himself. Another family might not have every single exact same belief, habit, tradition, practice, etc. There can be NO exposure to anything other than what Steve deems permissible. It really is a wonder that Christopher and Nathan were allowed to get married. But I guess the wives can be retrained into proper submission in case either one ever had anything close to an actual friend.

Pure control freak. I'm so glad my parents aren't like this.

That graduation party makes me sad. It's so....well, boring, for such a special day.

My high school graduation came complete with a keg and a giant tent in the backyard (ok, so I was only allowed a couple beers...the keg was mainly for my parents and their friends enjoyment). There was a lot of laughter, friends and mischief. It's a great memory. For poor Jesse, it's really another day, only with a penguin doll and a couple balloons.

I'm glad my family isn't fundie.

Yeah, that can't happen. Steve says having a friend is simply not worth the risk. Even a friend from church who shares your beliefs is not okay. He writes about this in his corners. Someone outside the family might say or do something unacceptable. You know, like have an idea or thought not planted by Steve himself. Another family might not have every single exact same belief, habit, tradition, practice, etc. There can be NO exposure to anything other than what Steve deems permissible. It really is a wonder that Christopher and Nathan were allowed to get married. But I guess the wives can be retrained into proper submission in case either one ever had anything close to an actual friend.

Link? I can't seem to find it.

Archived