IGNORED

Jesse Maxwell's graduation photos are up!!

0 kids n not countin

Aww, Grandpa's failing health is just so precious :roll: Christ on a crutch, they cannot do any damn thing without bringing religion into it. Jesse can't even have balloons without god on them.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Let the snarking begin!!

I'm surprised they actually seem to do "full-on" hugs and not side hugs, even between the brothers & sisters...

Guess Mary is the only homeschooler left, what will Terri do after Mary graduates?

As per Sarah:

Because you know it's not likely that daddy will let you get married and have your own family, you'll have to "live" through being an aunt to all of your brother's (& maybe your younger sister's) children... I guess if you can't be a mother, being a spinster aunt is the next best thing... so sad... as has been said before, poor Sarah Maxwell... :(

Those hugs seem kind of stiff and posed to me. In fact all the photos make them look like they're in one of those little catalogues for 'home appliances you never knew you needed'. I half expected one of them to be demonstrating some revolutionary new vacuum cleaner.

makes me wonder why the boys are even allowed to get married

I really do think it is because the wives come to the Maxwells. Both "boys" live right by Steve. Steve can still control them. The wives most likely were raised with some wrong ideas, but Steve can correct that now! All associations that Melanie and NR-Anna have are with the Maxwells. I bet neither even makes a quick trip to the grocery store alone. Sarah isn't married, and Reversal Anna probably won't be, because they would leave the family and possibly be corrupted by the husband's family. Who on earth is going to measure up to Steve? Most families are not as isolated as the Maxwells so marrying off a daughter would be like sending her to the wolves. Not going to happen on Steve's watch. But Nathan and Christopher bring their wives into the fold so no control is lost.

So that means in the next 20 or so years there is going to be plethora of Max girls just kind of existing.

I think John and Jesse are best looking Maxwell men. I hope they can at least marry to get a bit away from Steve. I hate to sound cruel, but those graduation party pictures were sad to look at, We know Steve is against having friends and his children may be used to that. I still feel sorry for the Maxwell kids though. There was a fundie lite homeschooling family that lived near my family when I was growing up. This family allowed their kids to have friends from church, youth sports leagues, and other places. We attended their graduation parties and their parties were a bit big because the parents had numerous friends and they were pretty fun to be around most of the time. I also knew two secular homeschooling families who both had parties for their kids filled with friends.

I guess the Maxwell's don't know that being a "funny uncle" is not considered a good thing in most circles.

I guess the Maxwell's don't know that being a "funny uncle" is not considered a good thing in most circles.

:lol:

They would if they were ever allowed to get out of the house, make friends, or God forbid use the internet.

It bothers me. I don't wear outside shoes in our mostly-carpeted condo, and I can't imagine sitting around the house all day in "real shoes." (But let's not start the shoes-inside debate again! ;) )

Of course, as cleaning-obsessed as the Maxs are, I'm sure they vacuum all rugs every single day.

As a friend of mine puts it: if you're home all day you see things get dirty more quickly. In their case, well what would they do but clean all day? So many women at home with no external occupation... I can see that!

Oh that madcap Christopher! Taking pictures with his smart phone! How funny is that? :roll:

Seriously, I'm not sure what any of the reversal boys do for a living. Well, Joseph has been called by the lord to do One Ton Ramp, but not sure what John and Jesse do all day. I think Jesse designs and maintains web sites, but is that enough to earn a living? Especially since he probably wouldn't design for anyone not a Maxwell approved Christian.

John is Uriah's mechanic. Pay's not so good, but the work is steady.....

Jesse got a big box of tools. Maybe Steve want himhe wants to be a mechanic....

Finally something good to say about them--they give each other REAL hugs not those awkward side hugs the Duggars do.

Poor Jesse what a life to look forward to....

MrsYoungie wrote:I guess the Maxwell's don't know that being a "funny uncle" is not considered a good thing in most circles.

:lol:

They would if they were ever allowed to get out of the house, make friends, or God forbid use the internet.

They still wouldn't understand any meaning but their own because it would be Satan trying to lead them astray.

JESUS on the wall? Please...

I think Christopher has an erection in the photo of Jesse, NR-Anna, and Chris. Just sayin'.

Can you imagine plodding through every book, same order, year after year after year? And do they "discuss" what they read, or do they just read aloud?

That's one of the most horrifying things about their life, to me. No free reading? I just cannot imagine how I would deal with that.

I've been addicted to books from the moment I managed to figure out reading, and reading about more and obscure topics I was obsessed about is what encouraged me to learn to read better, to learn more letters. Information I wanted was in a book, with letters I hadn't yet learned in school, so okay, we haul out the big character dictionary :) Luckily my own parents were 100% fine with us reading anything in the library or reading anything at all, really.

The internet only poured more fuel on the fire, anything I want to read about, it's right there a few clicks away. Diseases of the week, strange religious rules and cultures (hi everyone! :D) there it is. Plus Amazon for print. Why is this leaf shaped like that? Look it up, find some other intriguing pattern to read about, emerge from the trail three days later...

I think the Maxwells do discuss the Bible readings they do, but the whole concept of "read this a million times, and try to get insights from the same words from yet another angle if there are any left, because we firmly believe that all of the answers are in this one book" is just not my style.

I think John and Jesse are best looking Maxwell men.

Yeah, Jesse looks nice in his black shirt. It just pisses me off that the guys can dress like guys anywhere, and the girls and women have to look so weird.

Yeah, Jesse looks nice in his black shirt. It just pisses me off that the guys can dress like guys anywhere, and the girls and women have to look so weird.

That pisses me off too. Sometimes the Maxwell girls wear very nice dresses that some non-fundie women wear. But most of the time they are dressed kind of weird. I know women around Teri's age, they dress pretty hip. I hate to be cruel, but I laughed at NR Anna's clothes in recent pictures. I know guys who dress similar to the younger Maxwell boys and they always look nice. When the Maxwells go out in public, sometime people are probably weirded out by how the women are dressed.

That's one of the most horrifying things about their life, to me. No free reading? I just cannot imagine how I would deal with that.

I've been addicted to books from the moment I managed to figure out reading, and reading about more and obscure topics I was obsessed about is what encouraged me to learn to read better, to learn more letters. Information I wanted was in a book, with letters I hadn't yet learned in school, so okay, we haul out the big character dictionary :) Luckily my own parents were 100% fine with us reading anything in the library or reading anything at all, really.

The internet only poured more fuel on the fire, anything I want to read about, it's right there a few clicks away. Diseases of the week, strange religious rules and cultures (hi everyone! :D) there it is. Plus Amazon for print. Why is this leaf shaped like that? Look it up, find some other intriguing pattern to read about, emerge from the trail three days later...

I think the Maxwells do discuss the Bible readings they do, but the whole concept of "read this a million times, and try to get insights from the same words from yet another angle if there are any left, because we firmly believe that all of the answers are in this one book" is just not my style.

I'm with you on reading. I also wouldn't know to deal with being able to read anything I wanted outside of the Bible. Reading about some of the stuff the non-married Maxwell kids do or don't do makes me glad I grew up in a family that encouraged me to have different interests. I'm glad that I was encouraged to read different things. The Maxwells kids are pretty stunted in various ways. They don't have any close friends and they have no individual interests. I'm 27, I'm three years younger than Sarah, and a bit older than the younger kids. I can't imagine being 30 and being controlled by my parents. I felt bad for Joseph when I read the post about his 23rd birthday. When I was that age, I did celebrate with my family part of the day, but I went out that night with friends. As much I as I love my family, I still need friends for other reasons.

That pisses me off too. Sometimes the Maxwell girls wear very nice dresses that some non-fundie women wear. But most of the time they are dressed kind of weird. I know women around Teri's age, they dress pretty hip. I hate to be cruel, but I laughed at NR Anna's clothes in recent pictures. I know guys who dress similar to the younger Maxwell boys and they always look nice. When the Maxwells go out in public, sometime people are probably weirded out by how the women are dressed.

At least the girls don't have to wear the home-spun frumpers anymore, thank goodness for small favors. Maybe one day they will be able to convince NR Anna to give them up.

Yes, she's wearing a long (of course) brown skirt and floral top in one of the photos.

The no-friends policy, perhaps more than anything, underscores Steve's insecurity and lack of confidence in himself and his family. A less controlling and fearful fundie might think of socializing as an occasion to witness to others. Steve doesn't even trust his kids to do that. All that Bible time, all that preaching, all that control, and he thinks it will all collapse if the "children" talk to peers with ever-so-slightly dissimilar beliefs or interests.

That's what I get for not enlarging the pics. I just figured "to the left" meant the woman DIRECTLY to Anna's left, who was Melanie. The woman to HER left was Mrs. L, I guess. Don't see the tat.

The last picture of Jesse, with class of 2012 is terrible! He is squinting into the sun and making a weird mouth. Why would they choose that? Oh thats right, having the very good and professional photographer Chris for a brother . :roll: I can see why Chris gets no photo gigs....

Didn't realize there had been a brouhaha over shoes - just noticed they all were wearing 'em.

Yeah they probably shop vac the compound twice daily.

Notice that Teri is looking really worn out and old in these photos too.

Hell, they never leave the compound-- except to peddle their wares. They probably have shoes they only wear in the house. Or they have to clean their shoes when they enter. That sounds like something Steve-o the asshat would institute.

The clock in one of the photos read 8:15- shouldn't they have been getting ready for bed? Too close to 8:30- wrap the party up, people! We have prayers to say and bed times to adhere to at the Maxwell compound!! Steve-o needs his back rub!!

I'd love to be able to zoom in more on the diploma. I'd love to know what it says.

Did anyone notice Grandpa was covering his face in the first photo like "HOLY HELL! DON'T ASSOCIATE ME WITH THESE CRAZY JESUS FREAKS!!!!!"

Poor Jesse, his graduation sucked ass.

Speaking of schedules look up Mom's Corner - July 2010 for Abbies military like routine which I imagine has changed only slightly. Highly Rigid but makes for a much more secure child than the Duggar girls of the same age and the lord of the flies family they belong to.

Speaking of schedules look up Mom's Corner - July 2010 for Abbies military like routine which I imagine has changed only slightly. Highly Rigid but makes for a much more secure child than the Duggar girls of the same age and the lord of the flies family they belong to.

Further proof they blanket train-- "Abigail has twenty minutes in the morning schedule called blanket time. For this, Melanie puts a blanket on the living room floor with several toys on it. Abigail is to play on the blanket alone with the toys but not get off the blanket. Because Melanie started working with Abigail several months ago and taught her to stay on the blanket, when Melanie says it is blanket time, Abigail knows just where to go and what to do." Direct quote from Terri's mother's corner.

Abby only get 1/2 hour outside playtime and 1/2 hour indoor playtime with Mel per day. So sad. :snooty:

Archived