IGNORED

Yet Another Girls Must Be Modest Because Men are Weak Post

Maul the Koala

Hahahaha, it's these sorts of fantastically sarcastic discussions that keep me on FJ until long past my bedtime, when my contacts are slowly drying up and destroying my eyes...

Just wanted to add that I attracted my very-long-term-boyfriend by being on the XC team at our high school with him. He just loved how I looked with my hair frizzing out of it's ponytail in the late August heat and 90% humidity, with the giant form-hiding t-shirt and boob-flattening sports bra, and the short shorts. Or maybe it was because I *gasp* took off my shirt and ran in a sports bra on the days when the heat became unbearable.

If he finds me attractive make-up-less with frizzy hair, legs I forgot to shave, and unflattering clothes, does that mean I should do the opposite to save his poor manhood from temptation? I wouldn't want to lead the poor man into sin - at least not sin without me :-p

[insert fundie-gasp here. I think that last sentence would have given some of the girls I knew in the Christian group I was in in college a minor heart attack...]

:scared-yipes: Well is it any wonder that man of yours was unable to resist? I mean, PANTS!!! And a JOB!!! I can't take all this blatant harlotry! :lol:

And she could bake!!!!!!!

Thanks for those links! My skirts are just cotton jersey, but I've wanted to try a proper athletic-y fabric for a while now.

It's worth it. I had a few skirts from the link above (I like the triathlon skirts, shorter than the linked ones, but easier to move in). Before that, I had some poly/spandex blend skirts that I wore over tights or capris - either way, the fabric is so much more comfortable for running than cotton and doesn't stick as bad. Also, if you're thinking about ordering from runningskirts.com, sing up for the email list and wait for a sale - they have has several really good sales and discounts in the past (like buy 2, get 1 free and 40% off sales when they end a pattern).

eta: I do know women who either gave up on exercising or wear skirts only or cullotes for exercising. Works OK for some things, not for others (certain leg machines for example). When I was very hardcore skirts only, I went to a women's only gym, changed into pants at the gym and back into a skirt before leaving, but even there were certain things that would have been a whole lot more immodest in a skirt, because they ride up. I do think the whole "if you can't do it in a skirt. you shouldn't be doing it" think is bullshit and another way to exert control. Some things can be done in a skirt but really should be done in pants.

that's right, Duggars, I think your skirts are immodest

So do I, just to be completely off topic

(I too, dress like a religious nut - though my skirts are calf length, since any longer and I trip over the hem, and I do cover my hair sometimes).

So do I, just to be completely off topic

(I too, dress like a religious nut - though my skirts are calf length, since any longer and I trip over the hem, and I do cover my hair sometimes).

Continuing with the off topic, do you have any favorite clothing stores (that don't support QF folk)? I wear t shirts under cardigans every day, but I have to wear two shirts because they're too thin. Driving me bonkers! I'm also having a difficult time finding long enough skirts this season; It seems like the mid-calf length is really popular, but when I was considering one Mr. Burps laughed at me and said, "You'd put that on then complain about feeling naked all day. Just put it back." (and, determined to prove him wrong, I put on a similar skirt when I got home and he was totally right--as usual. Jerk. :lol: )

What the- this assclown likes all his own comments!

mlfw2431_medium.jpg

...that's just tacky.

If he finds me attractive make-up-less with frizzy hair, legs I forgot to shave, and unflattering clothes, does that mean I should do the opposite to save his poor manhood from temptation? I wouldn't want to lead the poor man into sin - at least not sin without me :-p

On that note, do fundie girls shave? Pictures would suggest they do. But surely the only reason is to appear more attractive and normal in our society, and their legs are covered anyway, so to be modest, shouldn't they not? I believe some religious groups like the Amish don't shave legs.

Continuing with the off topic, do you have any favorite clothing stores (that don't support QF folk)? I wear t shirts under cardigans every day, but I have to wear two shirts because they're too thin. Driving me bonkers! I'm also having a difficult time finding long enough skirts this season; It seems like the mid-calf length is really popular, but when I was considering one Mr. Burps laughed at me and said, "You'd put that on then complain about feeling naked all day. Just put it back." (and, determined to prove him wrong, I put on a similar skirt when I got home and he was totally right--as usual. Jerk. :lol: )

Well, I'm in the UK, so I'm not sure if what I have will be of any use to you....I agree, quite a lot of t-shirts are very thin these days, aren't they?

I usually go to Marks and Spencers for my t-shirts and sometimes skirts (specifically Per Una for skirts): http://www.marksandspencer.com/

Other than that, for the skirts, I'm not really sure....most of the places I go to have knee length or shorter skirts, unfortunately - they would be no good to either of us!

Sorry I can't be of more help with the skirts!

Do you really think ma and pa duggar would even buy the girls appropriate shoes to work out in? Decent sneakers for impact workouts are not really something you should buy used.

The women de-humanize the men, and the men de-humanize the women.

Sometimes I wonder where the people are in these fundie circles.

They don't exist. Once you sign on the dotted line with Gothard, Vision Forum, etc., you are no longer an individual - you belong to the collective whole. ...and now I've got the Jean-Luc Picard song stuck in my head...I am Locutus of Borg; you are Borg.

For your enjoyment...

9ucVfn9gob8

Archived