IGNORED

Non-Reversal Anna's baby shower post is up!

kpmom

Why would it be rude for family members to host a shower? I've been to several showers hosted by family members.

I stand (sit) corrected...my oldest is 17, my youngest is 10, so my experience is out of date; all of my family and in-laws are hundreds of miles away so it wasn't even an issue, but yes, traditionally baby showers were hosted by close friends or maybe cousins. http://www.parents.com/baby/shower/plan ... ebrations/

However, that does seem to be loosening up. FWIW, when I'm invited to a shower, I take a nice gift no matter who is hosting. And a shower could be hosted by the expectant mother herself with a money tree and I think I would still be less offended than if I were a captive audience to an unexpected sermon.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Christopher looks happier and less uptight than I've ever seen him :) I hope fatherhood makes him happy, I don't think he's had much happiness in his life.

Guest Anonymous

:lol: I noticed that two and had to do a double take.

In this picture:

titus2.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/DSC_1002.jpg

one lady standing has a sleeveless dress on! Did it defraud you Stevie?

I wonder what Stevie and the boys did for the evening? I wonder if he had a spy cam set up to monitor the evening?

I think one or two of the 'ladies' are from the neighbourhood depression group (aka the bible study group).

I wonder if the older ones are friends of Gigi. I think she and Grandpa still go to a real church, and she is on facebook too, so I would guess she has people she can rally round to help out.

I reckon Gigi probably does a fair amount of encouraging the grandkids to suggest parties and the like. I reckon bet Stevie finds her a right pain in the arse...

Is that why he looks happy all the time? hmm interesting i thought it might be ALL THE SEX HE WANTS.But i could be wrong.

It does not mean much... my friend had 3 kids, carried each of them differently. A girl super high, a girl in the front, and a boy super low (and painful)

Are they for or against finding out the sex?

I had 5 boys and carried each one differently from the next. High/low, front/back/sideways anyway that a woman could carry a baby I did. Also some had very high heartbeats and some low but still all boys. My pregnancies made a lot of guessers mad because I was carring the baby wrong for the sex. Like I could control that? also my body did everything you could think of too, like steal my looks or looked even better, got puffy and gained a hundred pounds or lost 30 pounds. Food cravings all different, any of the old wive's tales proved to do nothing if you looked at each of my pregnancies.

The only sure fire way to know for sure before the baby is born is to watch the baby empty his bladder during an ultrasound. That an several higher risk test like amnio or the one during the first trimester but those are only done when needed and not just to sex the baby.

I hope they both are very healthy girls just to piss to Steve. :twisted:

:lol: I noticed that two and had to do a double take.

In this picture:

titus2.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/DSC_1002.jpg

one lady standing has a sleeveless dress on! Did it defraud you Stevie?

I wonder what Stevie and the boys did for the evening? I wonder if he had a spy cam set up to monitor the evening?

I had the same questions about the tree, and duly noted the sleeveless dress and capris.

Also, I note that each lady has one (ONE) piece of cake, and that no other snacks seem to be in any of the photos. Seems a little chintzy to me. But at least it's cake, and not a single animal cracker per attendee.

I had 5 boys and carried each one differently from the next. High/low, front/back/sideways anyway that a woman could carry a baby I did. Also some had very high heartbeats and some low but still all boys. My pregnancies made a lot of guessers mad because I was carring the baby wrong for the sex. Like I could control that? also my body did everything you could think of too, like steal my looks or looked even better, got puffy and gained a hundred pounds or lost 30 pounds. Food cravings all different, any of the old wive's tales proved to do nothing if you looked at each of my pregnancies.

The only sure fire way to know for sure before the baby is born is to watch the baby empty his bladder during an ultrasound. That an several higher risk test like amnio or the one during the first trimester but those are only done when needed and not just to sex the baby.

I hope they both are very healthy girls just to piss to Steve. :twisted:

That is my fervent desire as well.

That is my fervent desire as well.

I don't know I feel like STeve would see that as a proof that they are not godly enough and should be even stricter. If God does not give him grandson how will his name be carried? Although yeah if things that pissed him meant no consequence on the family, I'd be all for that.

Also what is up with "ladies" "ladies" - how about WOMEN?

Women sounds too feminist, too strong, too independent. They would never use that word! Ladies sounds more delicate, ladylike, and feminine. I think they identify more as ladies than women.

Notice the tat on the lady's ankle ( wearing the black dress ) I can't believe Steve didn't make her cover it with make up.

titus2.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/DSC_0866.jpg

Just my opinion, but Anna Marie's hair looks yuck. Trim it and get rid of all the dead ends. Having a horse mane down your back isn't attractive on anyone. Sorry. Donate it to Locks of Love. Make lots of kids without hair super happy!

NR Anna and Christopher do look happy in the photo. Before he was married, he looked as if he sucked lemons for breakfast -- just miserable.

Chris was a 31 yo virgin living home with Stevie. :roll: I don't blame him for looking like he sucked lemons for b/fast!

I think Mel is having a girl and Anna a boy. Though, I hope they are both girls to piss Steve off as well!

If Mel & Nate only have girls, I wonder how their upbringing will differ. If they don't find husbands, they'll have no brother to take care of them. There is a good chance Stevie won't be around in 25 years. Or, he'll have Alzheimers and experience the same "treatment" he give his own Mother. :mrgreen:

I haven't read all the comments yet but the thing that stuck out for me when I read the post was that all of NR Anna's gifts were, of course, practical. And, I too noticed all the neighbors in fundie style dress. If I were at a baby shower and someone decided to talk about raising children with scripture tossed in and a more than likely "the LORD" filled poem, I'd leave the room.

Holy cow, they actually played shower games? Aren't those designed to be, you know, fun?

But note that they only put in practical "useful" baby items. So nothing too frivolous.

NR Anna and Christopher do look happy in the photo. Before he was married, he looked as if he sucked lemons for breakfast -- just miserable.

I always thought Christopher looked arrogant and had the notion that he was far above everyone else.

I have also always thought Christopher Maxwell is gay.

OMG, the hairrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! I have wanted to see her hair down since we found out about her and she looks so much better with it down. I am disappointed in its frizzy,flyaway condition and it could be great hair with proper conditioning. Steve, tell her about CurlyGirl,she can get rid of the frizz and get some curls going.

She does look happy and surprising so does Chris. Having sex after 31 years agrees with him. :clap:

I'm not religious and have very little experience with Christians, so I could be way off here.....

But isnt it kind of disrespectful to put a psalm on a cake? To cut into and eat God's word?

I haven't read all the comments yet but the thing that stuck out for me when I read the post was that all of NR Anna's gifts were, of course, practical. And, I too noticed all the neighbors in fundie style dress. If I were at a baby shower and someone decided to talk about raising children with scripture tossed in and a more than likely "the LORD" filled poem, I'd leave the room.

I don't think all the gifts were practical. In the picture it shows her with a picture frame and some sort of foot/hand print thing. While those are nice they're definately not boring practical things. The scripture would have really annoyed me but I'm not the sort of person who would be invited to a Maxwell event.

Yes. NR Anna looks to be all out front. That usually means a girl

Melanie is all-around. That usually means a boy.

That's what I'm going with. Melanie is carrying the same way I carried my boys.

Guest Anonymous

I've noticed a few of those around here lately

Just click the red ! in the right corner of spam posts to report them. If you quote them, the advert hangs around longer.

Why would it be rude for family members to host a shower? I've been to several showers hosted by family members.

It was once considered to be the family's job to supply all a couple needed for a new baby, and having a party for the sole purpose of gifts to help with the baby (which is what showers really are) was seen as shirking their duty. But friends could gather to give gifts of non-essentials.

These days showers are pretty traditional and are only seen as crude when someone already has everything for the baby but still is having a shower. If you've got everything you need and are participating in a shower, it's seen as greedy. But since a lot of people have a hard time ignoring births of babies when the parents have everything, there is a new thing called a blessing-way, which is a mommy-pampering event, and generally gifts are little things to pamper the mom with, candles, bath bubbles, tea, things like that. I think that's nice.

It's sad to me it looks like NR Anna's mom wasn't there. It's Anna's first baby and her mom's first grandchild. My mom flew in from out of state to attend my first baby shower. I guess maybe she will come once the baby is born -- maybe just too expensive to fly out twice in such a short timeframe. I can't imagine missing something like that for my own first grandchild.

If you don't have the money, you don't have the money. No matter how much you may want something, that doesn't make the money suddenly appear, and especially with the skyrocketing cost of airline travel, it's just really difficult. All a baby shower is is someone hosting an event asking for gifts giving food and a couple games. Not the most important event in the world. Between going to the shower for my first grandchild or going out for the birth or right after, I'll skip the shower.

Archived