IGNORED

Pastor Limpwrist Apologizes. He's sorry you were offended!

Visionoyahweh

religion.blogs.cnn.com/2012/05/02/north-carolina-pastor-retracts-sermon-remarks-about-punching-gay-kids/

“I apologize to anyone I have unintentionally offended,†Sean Harris, pastor of Berean Baptist Church wrote in a statement on his church’s website. “I did not say anything to intentionally offend anyone in the LGBT community.

“My intent was to communicate the truth of the Word of God concerning marriage,†the statement continued. “My words were not scripted. It is unfortunate I was not more careful and deliberate.â€

Nice non apology there.

Wanker.

His apology isn't worth the breath he wasted saying it. He still believes it and he's still a bastard.

So, Pastor Asshat, what exactly does pounding a four-year-old have to do with "defending" the "sanctity"of marriage?

What an asshat. Marriage predates Christianity. I'm sick and tired of the Christians who think that their storybook is the first to have marriage, and before that, everyone was just godless and living in sin. Pagans, who've had every holiday but the one often called Halloween taken over by Christians, had marriage long before the biblical days.

Also a lot of Christians need to use some critical thinking skills and question why they're following some parts of the bible while ignoring others (like offering daughters up to be gang-raped, or accepting 50 shekels from the man who raped your young daughter and sending her away with him), and also realize that some of the rules did make a bit more sense in those days. When there were very few humans, ten or twenty thousand AT THE BEST, and you've got kids and the elderly who can't reproduce in that number, as well as those who are infertile, and many of those who were young would probably die while still young, it made a lot more sense to ban gay relations and tell everyone to shack up with someone of the opposite sex to have as many kids as they can, just to help ensure the species doesn't die out. But we're heading toward critical mass at this point, so bans on gay sex and birth control no longer make sense. We aren't at risk of dying out. Rules and laws change to reflect the current world. Once upon a time, kosher laws made sense because of contamination. These days, it's just a tradition and not in any way a law. Times have changed, and bigoted Christians need to realize that and start accepting gay people and realize that their own bigotry is now completely pointless. Oh, and stop thinking that marriage was a Christian idea.

I'm counting down the weeks until someone finds Sean Harris on the receiving end of a gloryhole. Isn't that how incidents like these usually end?

I wish I could have been at that protest. I wonder how the congregants felt, if any of them started hinting maybe their pastor is full of bull.

nothing is going to change this excuse for needing toilet paper. even if god came down and slapped him upside the head. the only way to fix such idiots is when they come out of the closet.

I wish I could have been at that protest. I wonder how the congregants felt, if any of them started hinting maybe their pastor is full of bull.

No, they are rallying behind him. It is absolutely disgusting to hear the spin the local media has put on the story. They're making the CHURCH out to be the victims because they're receiving hate email/calls.

I will say this though, the church next door (Manna Church) had people out there bringing us water and they were awesome! They also sent this pastor, who was harassing us and calling us demons, packing when he tried to park in their lot so he coudl walk over and harass us more.

Some of this stuff I can't even comment on, it makes me too damn sick. I wanted to slap him senseless for his "You're a girl, you better smell good and look pretty, dammit!"

Whatever happened to the days of Fred Rogers who loved you just the way you were, and a Jesus who used his arms to embrace?

Whatever happened to the days of Fred Rogers who loved you just the way you were, and a Jesus who used his arms to embrace?

This!

I figure when I get to heaven, I'd rather have God say "you erred too much on the side of acceptance and compassion" than "geez, did you read the New Testament at all? Forgive much?"

They got preempted by attention whores like this pastor. Of course his remarks weren't off the cuff. He probably gives some version of this little speech every day of his life.

There has been a facebook page set up to "Support Pastor Sean Harris"....that background banner has some sort of "persecution" banner in the background. So poor little Pastor Sean is just being persecuted by everyone. What a jerk. How can his congregation be okay with what he did/said?

This seems like a nice campaign against Harris:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/0 ... f=religion

families at Judson Baptist Church in New York City will be using the Sunday School hour to create "Cards Of Hope" which they intend to send to the children who attend Sunday School at Berean Baptist Church.

"The idea for this Sunday will be to talk about discrimination, acceptance, and how we believe God loves all of us, no matter our differences," explains Judson's church school director Andy Frantz. "I hope to be able to explain to our kids, as age-appropriately as I can, what happened at Berean Baptist Church this week and then ask them to make cards for the North Carolina Church's Sunday School children."

I rather doubt the cards will be delivered, but at least the children at Judson, and anyone who hears about it, will learn something.

And a small homonym rant -- the article says:

“reign in†daughters who are “acting too butch.â€

Since I doubt that the author of the article saw the written version of Harris' sermon, and didn't put "sic" next to it, I have to assume s/he chose "reign."

rain -- wet stuff that falls from the sky.

rein - strap to control a horse, or the verb for using it -- the word that should be used in the phrase "rein in."

reign -- what royalty does.

Unless, of course, you are playing with homonyms to write a book, like Fred Gwynn:

http://www.amazon.com/The-King-Rained-F ... 0671667440

:D

I generally blame English for being so weird, and don't disdain non-writers for such errors. But if someone is writing an article for publication or online, a little more care would be nice.

That is all.

Hey, Pastor Kid Beater....pucker up and kiss my big fat ass! The one you need to apologize to is the kid you beat, but you're too ignorant and stupid to understand that!

Holy Cow! I ignored the threads about these pastors and just realized that he was from my home town.

Didn't "intentionally" offend the LBGT community? Give me a break. He's either a liar, or completely stupid.

Also, does he think that it really makes it ok to say that he was just joking about child abuse? Who does that?

Archived