IGNORED

NCFIC: Harassing Law Abiding Gays & Lesbians since 2001

slickcat79

One of my FB friends posted this today:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/galleries/ ... _multiline

The Daily Beast has compiled a list of the top 20 "most tolerant" cities in the US. Raleigh, NC, where Peter Bradrick and his manly buddies went to protest the gay pride parade last fall, is number 18.

image.img.1326690970612.jpg

And...Durham, NC (about 15 miles away) tops the list :)

image.img.1326690963507.jpg

Obviously NC as a whole has a ways to go, but I'm really pleased to see that its urban areas are really moving in the right direction.

awesome. :) I love how things have changed radically since my mom was a little kid in the 60s and 70s. Unfortunately, still a long way to go in some areas....glad we live near one of those tolerant cities! :)

Going to urban NC and then going to rural NC is like... not even being in the same country, at times. The shit I grew up with has shocked those who came from cities, and it's just bizarre how much freedom I seem to have in Wilmington, which isn't quite the same as Raleigh/Durham...

NC is still pretty progressive compared to the other Southern states, and it'll be the first to legalize gay marriage.

By offering a license plate that benefits gay youth:

scottbrownonline.com/indiana-unveils-its-first-license-plate-for-gay-youths/

INDIANAPOLIS | Indiana’s first specialty license plate that benefits gay causes is now available for purchase.

Bureau of Motor Vehicles spokesman Graig Lubsen said the Indiana Youth Group plate has been available since Dec. 28. The plate bears a logo with hands in rainbow colors reaching up.

Some $25 from sales of each $40 plate goes to the group serving lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender youth. The Indianapolis-based organization operates an activity center, helps develop Gay Straight Alliances in high schools and assists communities in forming youth services. The group serves about 1,400 youths and young adults ages 12 to 21, The Indianapolis Star reported in a Wednesday story.

“All the money will go directly for services to these young people,†Youth Group Director Mary Byrne said.

I say good for Indiana!!

:roll:

I don't know what he is so worried about. When I lived in Indy, I swear every other license plate I saw was the "In God We Trust" plate. Which interestingly enough, IIRC, was not considered a vanity plate and cost no more than the normal one.....

• 3 months later...

NCFIC's back at it again. This time they were harrassing witnessing to the people who attended the OutRaleigh Family event: http://www.ncfic.org/weblogmodule/view/ ... 73d2154bd/

Love how Scott Brown puts the word family in quotation marks, but what I love even more is the idea that he and his ilk will scream "persecution" (yes, I can use quotation marks also Scottie) if anybody takes even a sidelong glance at the number of children they mass produce (and neglect). I wonder how Scottie would feel if some of these same people he were "witnessing" to decided to show up, unannounced, uninvited, and unwanted to one of the NCFIC events to do a little witnessing of their own.

A good friend and his boyfriend were at OutRaleigh! They had fun -- and, to my relief, don't appear to have suddenly switched from liberal Judaism to dominionist Christianity.

A few thoughts on the photo accompanying the blog entry:

• The HRC's "Equality" banner is the most prominent feature in the photo because nobody is facing the camera. Oops.
  • I assume that the two people in dark blue shirts are the witnessing team. They appear to be talking to someone in a wheelchair who doesn't have an easy way to escape -- at least not without hitting someone. I hope he or she did.
  • Where was Scott T. Brown, the author of the entry? Was he saving his energy to "witness" at the Bear Cook Out afterward?

Ugh. I've never seen something like that where I live, but I know protests are common at LGBT events in more conservative areas.

Never mind that I'm sure most of the people at that event were already Christian, I don't get how harassing people is supposed to make them want to join Christianity. Where is the logic in that? Do they really think that treating people badly is going to give them warm-fuzzy feelings about their religion?

I feel sorry for the kids who had to witness it. So much for having a safe, family-friendly environment. :(

I feel sorry for the kids who had to witness it. So much for having a safe, family-friendly environment. :(

Agreed. Even if you don't agree with how the adults there choose to live there lives, why choose to express your ideas in front of the children? Everyone was just there to have some family (integrated) fun with other like-minded individuals. Isn't that what the NCFIC is supposed to be about? Why rain on someone else's parade when they're not bothering you or yours? I think it would be quite amusing if some of the NCFIC events were infiltrated by some LGBT families. Would serve Scott and his lackeys right!

NCFIC's back at it again. This time they were harrassing witnessing to the people who attended the OutRaleigh Family event: http://www.ncfic.org/weblogmodule/view/ ... 73d2154bd/

Love how Scott Brown puts the word family in quotation marks, but what I love even more is the idea that he and his ilk will scream "persecution" (yes, I can use quotation marks also Scottie) if anybody takes even a sidelong glance at the number of children they mass produce (and neglect). I wonder how Scottie would feel if some of these same people he were "witnessing" to decided to show up, unannounced, uninvited, and unwanted to one of the NCFIC events to do a little witnessing of their own.

I would love to see some of the "perverts," and Scottie and his kind like to call them, were to show up at an NCFIC event. Want to bet that Scottie would claim he's being persecuted and that the gay-supporters have no right being there?

Ugh. I've never seen something like that where I live, but I know protests are common at LGBT events in more conservative areas.

Never mind that I'm sure most of the people at that event were already Christian, I don't get how harassing people is supposed to make them want to join Christianity. Where is the logic in that? Do they really think that treating people badly is going to give them warm-fuzzy feelings about their religion?

The Official Street Preachers (*snort*) showed up at the Phoenix Gay Pride event a few weeks back. A woman leading an organized mob of people walked up in front of the preachers and proceeded to sing and dance to "Born this Way." They totally drowned out the obnoxious street preachers.

I watched these "preachers" and I thought, "Would Jesus do this?" Ah, nope.

This video can be very triggering (for the first five minutes or so, due to obnoxious asshole preachers), but if you want to see first class assholes at work, here you go.

jR4ZEXgtjd0

The flash mob starts about 05:20 into the video.

Archived