IGNORED

Candy on Mobile Homes

User123456

Why should I pay an exuberant amount of money

Emphasis mine, oh my. That word, I do not think it means what you think it means. SODRT strikes again. :roll:

Even further shortening of link: mobilehomeliving.org/2011/11/meet-true-mobile-home-advocate-mrs.html

And it's CANDY!

And she really doesn't come off as a good reason as why to buy a mobile home, more like someone who is trying to convince herself that it was a good idea. :roll: My murdering cousins who do sell these types of homes would have never had used her or her poorly written reasons of why to buy. They want people to buy not scare them off.

Ah Candy. my gateway fundie. :)

You're right ladypuglover, I don't get why she had to justify living in a mobile home so hard. Perhaps, she's projecting her own feeling?

Everything Candy Brauer writes is to talk herself into believing she has a great life. Her husband, a bloated, greasy-looking creep who started living with her when she was 17 and he was 39, is SEXY! And a BRILLIANT INVENTOR AND POLITICIAN! Her disgusting, impossible to digest and unseasoned glop meals are SO HEALTHY AND DELICIOUS. Her mobile home is MORE BEAUTIFUL THAN A "STICK" HOME! Her dresses are BEAUTIFUL, FEMININE AND FLOWING, pay no attention to the old-lady floral prints, clunky black shoes and man watches.

She knows darn well that she's trapped in a marriage with a fat slob who keeps putting her down for her weight, who can't get any sort of decent paying job because he refuses to pay taxes; that she has no friends and has alienated all and any family; and that it will never, ever get better. But she has to paint it as a wonderful, blessed life because she wants to distract herself from the truth.

I personally love her words ...." I adore mobile/manufactured homes. When given the opportunity, I will drive or walk the streets of mobile home parks, and soak in the visuals of all those beautiful dwellings."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't know what trailer parks she is talking about,but around here I would not say I will be soaking in the visuals of all those beautiful dwellings.

:lol: :lol: That alone just about made my day. :dance:

Makes me think of Julie Andrews in the sound of music spinning at the top of the mountain...But not.

WOAH WOAH WOAH.

Candy was my gateway, and I DISTINCTLY remember the HISSY FIT she threw when someone even mentioned that her home looked manufactured. There was a good 48hours of fit throwing, insults being posted on various blogs, and flouncing galore. It escalated when a blogger named LambChop innocently mentioned on her blog that C's house looked to be the same model as hers. But the whole fiasco was all about how Candy did NOT live in a mobile home because she HATED them.

Archivist--do you have a copy of those posts? Or was this before the Archive was started? I used to lurk at Sweeping the Cobwebs, so I could pull up their post about that.

Nice 180, Candy!

Everything Candy Brauer writes is to talk herself into believing she has a great life. Her husband, a bloated, greasy-looking creep who started living with her when she was 17 and he was 39, is SEXY! And a BRILLIANT INVENTOR AND POLITICIAN! Her disgusting, impossible to digest and unseasoned glop meals are SO HEALTHY AND DELICIOUS. Her mobile home is MORE BEAUTIFUL THAN A "STICK" HOME! Her dresses are BEAUTIFUL, FEMININE AND FLOWING, pay no attention to the old-lady floral prints, clunky black shoes and man watches.

She knows darn well that she's trapped in a marriage with a fat slob who keeps putting her down for her weight, who can't get any sort of decent paying job because he refuses to pay taxes; that she has no friends and has alienated all and any family; and that it will never, ever get better. But she has to paint it as a wonderful, blessed life because she wants to distract herself from the truth.

Don't forget that living together before marriage is a sin...but it was OK that C and E did it because God told them to!

Erik the wunderhubbee wasn't 39 when she threw her self at him, more like 29 I think. And if you saw their mobile home from the outside (it's in a park in OK where there are rows of basically the same looking long trailers) you'd wonder what was so wonderful about it. From her lovely home tours, it's got a passable layout, but her sense of style is at best lacking. Everything is mismatched, plaids and florals and I'm not talking about her dresses.

Candy just had a semi flounce and she's back to having a blog that isn't a blog. It's a website.

I personally love her words ...." I adore mobile/manufactured homes. When given the opportunity, I will drive or walk the streets of mobile home parks, and soak in the visuals of all those beautiful dwellings."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't know what trailer parks she is talking about,but around here I would not say I will be soaking in the visuals of all those beautiful dwellings.

:lol: :lol: That alone just about made my day. :dance:

Makes me think of Julie Andrews in the sound of music spinning at the top of the mountain...But not.

Some mobile and manufactured homes (all mobiles are manufactured, not all manufactured are mobile) look wonderful. I've seen some GORGEOUS manufactured homes. Stunning ones, but rarely in parks. Usually what you find in parks are the ones means to be moved often, and they're run down. I live across the way from one of those parks, though there are some nice ones.

The big difference between a manufactured and a mobile home is one is permanently affixed to the foundation. They are the same in that the work of contracting the parts is mostly in a factory instead of being made of wood. However both can be assembled on site. Manufactured homes built on-site are almost always from kits. Technically the Duggars' house is manufactured. But it is not mobile without being entirely dismantled.

Non-mobile manufactured homes are built to last. Mobile homes are generally not meant to last for 50 years. Try finding a 50-year-old mobile that is in good shape without substantial altering that will basically make it not mobile.

I'm not defending Candy in this post (who, btw, I have no idea who she is nor have I ever read any of her blogs, etc.).

However, there is a wide variety of mobile homes - from what really are trailers that can be pulled behind a vehicle, to double wide manufactured homes that are in no way "mobile" as a normal rule. Once in place, they are meant to stay in place until they get too old or their owner wants a newer home in its stead.

I live in a manufactured home in a mobile home park. I love my 3 bedroom, two full bath home, complete with air conditioning, double paned windows, and mature landscaping throughout the small park. I'm sitting with the window open and I can hear the breeze blowing through the huge evergreen tree that's in my back yard, or look out the window to see my purple lavender in full bloom.

There are also plenty of parks where it's all asphalt and mobilehomes, in long rows, very depressing looking. Or the low-rent parks, with the very old single wides, sheets often as not acting as curtains, an old car up on blocks in the carport.

I did have to chuckle at Candy's remark that she enjoys "soaking in the visuals" of mobile homes. I love my home but I can admit the exterior is nothing special. It's neat and well tended. Other than that - it's a double wide mobile home. I don't get the chills from viewing its beauty each time I drive up. Now, send me into an older well-maintained neighborhood, with Craftsman style homes or any older beautiful architecture, and then I'll "soak up the visuals"

Emphasis mine, oh my. That word, I do not think it means what you think it means. SODRT strikes again. :roll:

Her money must be very, very happy. :roll:

Everything Candy Brauer writes is to talk herself into believing she has a great life. Her husband, a bloated, greasy-looking creep who started living with her when she was 17 and he was 39, is SEXY! And a BRILLIANT INVENTOR AND POLITICIAN!

:lol:

Her disgusting, impossible to digest and unseasoned glop meals are SO HEALTHY AND DELICIOUS.

Remember when she served spaghetti with a side of mashed potatoes? Or when she made a single duck for the family as a holiday "feast"?

I haven't read her blog/website in ages, but it's nice to know she's as cray-cray as ever.

Spaghetti with mashed potatoes? Two of my favorite foods! But together? Well I love pickles, and I love chocolate ice cream, and some things just don't go together.

Her money must be very, very happy. :roll:

snickersnickersnicker... :twisted:

I looked at some manufactured homes when I was looking for a house. They were fine, inside they looked like any other house except for some minor things. However, as others have mentioned, the house is not built to last for a long time. The structure value will drop no matter what the market is for stick built homes. (I ended up with a 1948 ranch style house with just as awesome of a lot as the other houses. I was not looking in mobile home parks, but at lots.)

Another issue with a manufactured home is that loans are harder to get. Especially if you aren't buying the lot along with the home.

Hey people, I live in a falling down, 150 year old farmhouse I am sure costs LESS than your double wide. My point was she was a bit over the top on her love of the trailer park and going out of her way to walk through them and bask in their fabulousness.

I'm not seeing the big deal about living in a mobile home as I lived in one for 20 years and it wasn't that special. It wasn't horrible, but I much prefer my ebil stick built house.

Kind of off topic: One reason not to buy a mobile home is because they are death traps during severe weather. Even downbursts/microbursts turn mobile homes into scrap metal. A tornado (even a weak one) can obliterate a mobile home. If you have no choice. Get a weather radio. That way you'll know what's coming & at least have time to find shelter, even if it means diving into a ditch. Trust me I've seen this happen too many times. Ok off my soapbox! :angry-soapbox:

Kind of off topic: One reason not to buy a mobile home is because they are death traps during severe weather. Even downbursts/microbursts turn mobile homes into scrap metal. A tornado (even a weak one) can obliterate a mobile home. If you have no choice. Get a weather radio. That way you'll know what's coming & at least have time to find shelter, even if it means diving into a ditch. Trust me I've seen this happen too many times. Ok off my soapbox! :angry-soapbox:

They can be, but aren't necessarily. How do I know this? An F4 tornado struck my town a few months, and many people in the path of that tornado, including a good friend of mine, lived in mobile homes. Her home ended up being totalled out, but was well anchored and was not turned into scrap metal. She was only slightly injured. Of the 7 people killed in the tornado, 6 of them lived in a brand new (6 months old) apartment complex. Lots of older houses and structures survived, while many newer ones did not. It all comes down to how well-built a structure is, whether stick-built or manufactured.

Notice how Candy's testimony is a different version (again) of what she has posted in the past? Notice how she (again) flounces when she is posting her testimony bit by bit baiting her readers sheeple/lovely readers so they keep coming back? First Brandy now Candy. Brandy reinvents herself & so will Candy. Maybe Candy will change her name back again to Rebecca Bible or some crap like that & use her blog that isn't a blog as a website again. Do these chicks not know WHO they are? Do they really not know?

Edited: I see now that Brandy is back with blogging & Candy's blog is a website again. Big surprise. :lol: These girls never disappoint!

Spaghetti with mashed potatoes? Two of my favorite foods! But together? Well I love pickles, and I love chocolate ice cream, and some things just don't go together.

Just have to say...spaghetti and mashed potatoes are sooo yummy together :P

Archived