IGNORED

Raising Homemakers-Like Seriously

dairyfreelife

Raising Homemakers had a guest post by a woman named Jennifer @ renewinghousewives.com

raisinghomemakers.com/2012/raising-homemakers-like-seriously/

A girl should be raised to be a Christian. A girl should not be raised to be a homemaker.â€

If you’re in shock, you’re not alone. My heart broke the night I realized what young, Christian, homeschooled ladies are planning for their daughters to be.

Bolding mine. My heart breaks as well, but for your daughters who're are being raised to believe they will never be anything more than a man's accessory sex slave who is also his chef and maid and she can't do anything else without being a wretched sinner against God.

When we present perpetual singleness as a “gift†though the LORD never said such a thing, we distort His truths and cause His people to err. When we say that we should only raise our daughters to be Christian young ladies, and willfully deny that we are to teach them how to care for a family we grieve the Holy spririt by not speaking truth.

“Therefore, having put away falsehood, let each one of you speak the truth with his neighbor, for we are members one of another…. And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God…â€

Ephesians 4:25, 30

Oh, the irony burns here. She quotes Paul's words here, but I shall turn the tables with verses.

I wish that all of you were as I am. But each of you has your own gift from God; one has this gift, another has that.

Now to the unmarried and the widows I say: It is good for them to stay unmarried, as I do. But if they cannot control themselves, they should marry, for it is better to marry than to burn with passion. 1 Corinthians 7:7-9

But those who marry will face many troubles in this life, and I want to spare you this. 1 Corinthians 7:29

An unmarried woman or virgin is concerned about the Lord’s affairs: Her aim is to be devoted to the Lord in both body and spirit. But a married woman is concerned about the affairs of this world—how she can please her husband. I am saying this for your own good, not to restrict you, but that you may live in a right way in undivided devotion to the Lord. 1 Corinthians 7:34-35

So, it looks like the very man you quote is telling women to stay single and concern herself with the Lord only and unless men and women can't control their desires, they shouldn't marry.

So, she makes a list of woman's purpose in life:

God made women for men (1 Corinthians 11:9)

Women were created as helpmeets for husbands (Genesis 2:18)

The older women are to teach the younger to be keepers at home (Titus 2:5)

All women will need homemaking skills, even the unmarried working women.

Biblical homemaking is priority in the life of a woman.

Even better is her next quote:

akin to proclaiming that we need only raise our sons as good Christian men, declaring, “Any guy can provide for a family, all boys need to learn how to be good Christian men. Raising my son to be a provider may not be the right path for him.â€

Because providing is the same as keeping home. I mean, homemaking is just so damn difficult girls need to spend their lives preparing for it. :roll: (This eyeroll is not big enough).

Oh, then she leaves a note that Paul was only talking to the church, not to women so there's nothing that tells women to prepare for a life of singleness.

I'll just say to Jennifer that my heart breaks for your daughters, it really truly does. What a sad existence you've made for them. I don't know any of these mothers stand it, how they can look right at their daughters and tell them all they can ever be or do is subject to a man, only ever having children and cleaning and cooking? A picture suddenly came to my mind of a little girl who was at a hospital and has now decided that she wants to help people and be a doctor just like the one who took care of her. The smart and eager little girl's mother bends down to her and says, "No, darling. You're a girl. Girl's aren't allowed to be doctors. God created women to be under the authority of men. You'll be a wonderful wife and mother one day and you'll be able to take care of your home like all Godly women do." Her will and dreams are broken that fast. If she dared protest, her mother will punish her for being "disobedient."

Now to the unmarried and the widows I say: It is good for them to stay unmarried, as I do.

So another non-parent with no plan to be a parent pretending to be the authority on all things parenting. Is she Got-hard's sister?

So another non-parent with no plan to be a parent pretending to be the authority on all things parenting. Is she Got-hard's sister?

Not that I'm aware of. She unfortunately has 12 children.

Jennifer Ross is a child of our Almighty Lord and the wife of one very visionary man, and together are the parents of soon to be 12 children.

Doesn't Paul teach that marriage is only useful if carnal desires can't be kept in check? Basically, that monastic life is the way to go for both sexes?

Doesn't Paul teach that marriage is only useful if carnal desires can't be kept in check? Basically, that monastic life is the way to go for both sexes?

Yup. 'Better to marry than to burn with desire' = marry if that's the only way you can keep yourself from sinning sexually, but singleness is the default. Very interesting. Personally I think Paul was influenced by Classical ideas about virginity and that his teachings on sex doesn't line up with the rest of the Bible, but if this blogger is going to use Paul's teachings she should at least use all of them.

Yup. 'Better to marry than to burn with desire' = marry if that's the only way you can keep yourself from sinning sexually, but singleness is the default. Very interesting. Personally I think Paul was influenced by Classical ideas about virginity and that his teachings on sex doesn't line up with the rest of the Bible, but if this blogger is going to use Paul's teachings she should at least use all of them.

That was my point. She quoted Paul speaking to the Ephesians, but she turned around to say that Paul was just talking to the church in Corinthians, he didn't ACTUALLY mean everyone should stay single.

That said, I personally feel Paul was trying to teach what he knew, but he says it's just thoughts, not what people should do, yet many who read them take him seriously. They think it's God and not just some man. Paul's teaching, imo, don't line up with the ones of Jesus at all. Where did Jesus talk about homosexuality and sexual sin outside of telling men to stop divorcing their wives for new ones and to stop oogling women in their women when they walk down the street like some object? Where did he tell women to submit or be under a man's authority (besides his obviously). Whether people believe Jesus of Nazareth existed or not or was GOd's son or not, most people admit that he was revolutionary or a revolutionary figure of his time with regards to women, willing to talk to, teach and touch women without a care, even when she was deemed unclean. Of course, all these things eventually got him killed, but he was still a figure who did things that a culture never would and revered women with equal respect to his male counterparts.

I've heard it said that women were not appointed as disciples, so Jesus did not put women in any authority over men, but I wonder...if Jesus HAD put women in as a disciple, would anyone have actually written that down? Would the men who wrote the Gospels actually say that when we consider the disdain others had for women who were not hardly more than sex slaves and brood mares and property of a man always? I'm doubtful.

Archived