IGNORED

Coming Soon! to the Maxwell Cinema...

johnhugh

To get us all excited, Stevie Sarah has posted a blog telling us what is "Coming Soon" to the Maxwell blog...

Spoiler

Non reversal Anna's baby shower

and

Jesse’s graduation!

:roll:

NR-Anna's NEIGHBORHOOD baby shower! So, they were able to find enough people that weren't immediate family members to come! Woot! I am on the edge of my seat waiting for that report. And BTW, did you notice how short Abigail's dress is in the mail box photo? And how fashionable she looks, what with the adornment on her belt and in her hair? Why, she's practically defrauding!

And Jesse graduated. Wow. I'd forgotten he was even part of the family since they hardly ever talk about him.

And Jesse graduated. Wow. I'd forgotten he was even part of the family since they hardly ever talk about him.

Jesse, Jesse, hmmmm.....can't place him. So he is after Reversal Anna? 2nd to last kid, maybe? I can't kep them straight, no matter how hard I try!

I thought Jesse was like 16? I cannot wait for the baby shower pics.,I have been wanting to see NR Anna in her pregnant glory.

I thought Jesse was like 16? I cannot wait for the baby shower pics.,I have been wanting to see NR Anna in her pregnant glory.

Isn't Mary almost 16? Anyway, don't they "graduate" early like the Duggars? (yet another thing that bugs me, I finished 12th grade being homeschooled at 16 because I busted my ass, I got all of my credits done early, so did one of my sisters. It wasn't some arbitrary age or "well, you've learned enough, I guess" or whatever they decide)

Well, it must be pretty to easy to "graduate" at Maxwell High, since they are not allowed to read any literature, do any science or social studies. Chances are the math isn't too taxing ('cause taxes are ebil) either. Perhaps if they weren't on the road so often they could graduate at age 10!

Well, it must be pretty to easy to "graduate" at Maxwell High, since they are not allowed to read any literature, do any science or social studies. Chances are the math isn't too taxing ('cause taxes are ebil) either. Perhaps if they weren't on the road so often they could graduate at age 10!

so what do they do? No advanced math or science, no lit (so sad, I loved lit!), spelling and languege arts are pretty much over after early middle school, so I guess it's revisionist history and lots of Bible.....gah, why even bother!

so what do they do? No advanced math or science, no lit (so sad, I loved lit!), spelling and languege arts are pretty much over after early middle school, so I guess it's revisionist history and lots of Bible.....gah, why even bother!

They have to fill there day somehow or the kids will be thinking too much.

They have to fill there day somehow or the kids will be thinking too much.

Housework. It's filled with cleaning.

Basic English and math, mostly, and then lots and lots and lots and lots of Bible. I'm not sure how much science they do (though whatever they do will of course be 100% creationist and Bible-based). If you obsessively google around "Managers of Their Schools" you can find some reviews not on Maxwell-controlled websites, and there are comments to the effect that surely one of the reasons the Maxwell schedule works for them is that they don't have a very large amount of stuff to cover (as compared to some other religious parents who liked the Bible quotes encouragement of the Maxwell guide but didn't see how to fit literature and higher math into that day). Definitely no literature in the way that "normal" kids would do it.

The interesting part that they've posted about prior graduations is that they have each kid complete a big "senior project" type thing, writing a long paper or guide to some theme or part of the Bible.

You can read about Joseph's graduation at www.titus2.com/blog/index.php/2007/07/24/josephs-graduation/, it includes this note from Steve-O:

In addition to completing his school work, I had given Joseph another requirement for graduation. He was to read through the Bible, outlining it as he went while also compiling a timeline and doctrinal statement. These would be for his own personal use. The outline would be a consolidation of the points that were important to him from each chapter – a condensed view of Scripture from his perspective. The doctrinal statement was to be doctrinal points and supporting Scripture that he gleaned as he read and ones that would be foundational to his life and walk with the Lord Jesus. The timeline was to help him understand key Biblical events. He worked hard on this, and I have been very pleased.

the Maxwell curriculum is pretty bare boned. They cover the most basic stuff and avoid higher math, advanced science courses and anything resembling high school lit classes. It's essentially enough to get by at a basic kevek in the world.not a foundation for tertiary education. Anything that resembles critical thinking is not allowed in the curriculum. As you can imagine, it's a very empty curriculum....

Here is a link to their schedules for the 2009-2010 (and earlier) school year. As you can see, they have the kids on a vocational track, not a college track.

titus2.com/master-lists.php

Blue and purple baloons, a blue bib...I guess she's having the prodigal grandson!

Here is a link to their schedules for the 2009-2010 (and earlier) school year. As you can see, they have the kids on a vocational track, not a college track.

titus2.com/master-lists.php

Speaking of vocational track... check out the 2007 school schedule. They built their current house that year, and you can see in the schedules that all the kids have "Work on House" in their schedules.

But underneath the schedule, in the footnotes, it says:

2. This year our family built a house. The boys gained vocational school hours.

I guess the girls just don't qualify? Or maybe they were only serving food to the hardworking mens? :roll: Though if were only that, you'd think they'd have "serve food" or whatever on the schedule... and we've seen pics of the girls in the partly-completed house where it looks like they were doing some work, but perhaps they were only cleaning it. I dunno.

What I don't understand is why they limit the math to basic math. The boys all seem to enter the IT field and I would assume they need to have greater math skills than simply basic math. How do they have the knowledge to take and pass the IT tests they are so proud of taking without actually taking classes.

As for the girls, I suppose in their world they only need enough math to know how much they can spend at the market each week and Steve handles balancing the budget, for which they must provide receipts.

Christopher seems to be the only one with a non-IT career and yet as a photographer he must need to know wnough math to understand the rule of thirds in photography.

I wonder if the girls were even allowed to read Jane Austen, who seems to be a favorite of other fundie girls.

Blue and purple baloons, a blue bib...I guess she's having the prodigal grandson!

nice catch, I did not notice at first!

nice catch, I did not notice at first!

I think Stevie said they weren't going to find out what they are having so it could be just two good baby shower colors together that aren't green and yellow.

Speaking of vocational track... check out the 2007 school schedule. They built their current house that year, and you can see in the schedules that all the kids have "Work on House" in their schedules.

But underneath the schedule, in the footnotes, it says:

I guess the girls just don't qualify? Or maybe they were only serving food to the hardworking mens? :roll: Though if were only that, you'd think they'd have "serve food" or whatever on the schedule... and we've seen pics of the girls in the partly-completed house where it looks like they were doing some work, but perhaps they were only cleaning it. I dunno.

Perhaps the girls curriculum was centered around Home Economics, because for the most part, that is what they are focusing on while waiting for Prince Charming.

Did anyone notice Steve-o doesn't have a schedule?

BTW, what kid over the age of 8 or 9 goes to bed at 8:30??????

Cray-cray!!!!!!!

Did anyone notice Steve-o doesn't have a schedule?

BTW, what kid over the age of 8 or 9 goes to bed at 8:30??????

Cray-cray!!!!!!!

I didn't look at the schedule, but I do know that Stevie has said before that they all hit the hay by about 9pm because they get up at 5am for Bible time and exercise.

Why (and what) is Teri reading to her teenage daughters at 2:30pm? Has the SOTDRT failed them that badly?

NR-Anna's NEIGHBORHOOD baby shower! So, they were able to find enough people that weren't immediate family members to come! Woot! I am on the edge of my seat waiting for that report. And BTW, did you notice how short Abigail's dress is in the mail box photo? And how fashionable she looks, what with the adornment on her belt and in her hair? Why, she's practically defrauding!

Abby is cute! Her dress is the same material as Anna's skirt. It is very short by Maxwell standards! :shock:

Abby is cute! Her dress is the same material as Anna's skirt. It is very short by Maxwell standards! :shock:

She IS cute. But she's showing some knee and she's wearing sandals.

Basic English and math, mostly, and then lots and lots and lots and lots of Bible. I'm not sure how much science they do (though whatever they do will of course be 100% creationist and Bible-based). If you obsessively google around "Managers of Their Schools" you can find some reviews not on Maxwell-controlled websites, and there are comments to the effect that surely one of the reasons the Maxwell schedule works for them is that they don't have a very large amount of stuff to cover (as compared to some other religious parents who liked the Bible quotes encouragement of the Maxwell guide but didn't see how to fit literature and higher math into that day). Definitely no literature in the way that "normal" kids would do it.

The interesting part that they've posted about prior graduations is that they have each kid complete a big "senior project" type thing, writing a long paper or guide to some theme or part of the Bible.

You can read about Joseph's graduation at www.titus2.com/blog/index.php/2007/07/2 ... raduation/, it includes this note from Steve-O:

Honestly, this is probably why they don't "graduate" after middle school. Even with no other school work, going from front to back like this, gleaning something from every single chapter, especially since they likely wouldn't use a modern translation, this could take two or three years. It would take someone like me with ADHD and having a life at least five.

That schedule makes me cringe.

For starters, they spend so little time "at school" and the level of control is unbelievable. I know Steve is a tyrant but you'd think that teenagers would rebel at least a little. To have everything scheduled out to the minute, and there is so much ff---ing forced family praying.

Archived